PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS
User Name
Password

1965 GTO

's PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS Photo Gallery
1965 GTO

General: I BOUGHT THIS CAR WHEN I WAS ALMOST 18, ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO. THE ENTIRE CAR WAS IN REALLY BAD SHAPE WHEN I GOT IT INCLUDING THE ENGINE (WORN OUT). MY PARENTS HELPED ME PAY FOR LOCAL MACHINE SHOP TO OVERHUAL THE ENGINE STOCK (I THOUGHT). SINCE THEN I HAVE TORCHERED THE CAR THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE FIXING WHAT I COULD WHEN I HAD THE MONEY. THE CAR HAS GONE 13.06 IN TULSA ON ABOUT AUG OF 2002. SAT FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS IN GARAGE WITH THE FRONT END APART. SINCE THEN WAS PUT ALL BACK TOGETHER AND RACED MOKAN LATE 07 WENT 14.21. FOLLOWING WINTER PULLED THE ENGINE AND INSTALLED HOOKER HEADERS AND LUNATI VOODO CAM. HAD A 10 BOLT EATON LOCKER AND HIT TULSA JULY 12TH OF 08 AND SNAPPED AN AXLE ON THE LINE AT 3500 RPM, NEVER CROSSED THE STARTING LINE. SINCE HAVE INSTALLED MOSER DROP IN 9 INCH AND WAS AWAITING THE UPCOMING SEASON WHEN WHILE PLAYING AROUND LAST FRIDAY NIGHT DID THIS. NOW HAVE ONLY ORDERED A 400 BLOCK WITH STROKER KIT COMING BE HERE IN 10-12 DAYS. HAVE NOT MADE THE DECISION ON CAM, HEADS, INTAKE, OR ANYTHING ELSE YET. ANY ADVISE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Year: 1965
Make: GTO
Model:

Chassis:
Front Suspension: STOCK
Rear Suspension: STOCK
Rear Axle: FORD 9-INCH
Brakes: FOUR WHEELS DISC
Wheels & Tires: STOCK FRONT-14, MICKEY ET STREET 15 REAR
Misc:

Paint & Body LITTLE BONDO OK PAINT
Color: RED
Graphics:

Interior
Seats: BUCKET
Upholstery: PARCHMENT
Carpet: BLACK
Dash: STOCK, BLACK
Gauges: STOCK
Shifter: HURST
Stereo System: STOCK, AM 1170

Engine & Transmission CURRENTLY TOAST AS OF 1-9-2009 8:30 P.M.
Type: 400 CID
Camshaft: LUNATI
Cylinder Heads: STOCK 670
Valvetrain: ROLLER TIP 1.50
Induction: EDELBROCK PERFORMER RPM
Exhaust: HOOKER HEADERS, 2 1/2 THROUGH FLOWMASTER TWO CHAMBERS
Transmission: MUNCIE M-21
Cooling:BE COOL MODULE
SCRAP IRON FIT FRIDAY NIGHT

MY FIRST HOT ROD SCRAP IRON FIT FRIDAY NIGHT ALL STOCK I DO HAVE THE CONSOLE JUST NEED FIXED UP STARTING ENGINE UPGRADE NOW 103_0048.jpg 103_0046.jpg
Click Thumbnail to Enlarge.

Gallery Statistics
Member:
Created: 01-15-09
07:41PM
Last Modified: 06-03-09
04:08PM
Views: 1040
Comments: 6

Comments
Author Comment Date
THELM ORIGINALLY I WAS GOING TO BUT THEN FOUND OUT THAT THE BOLT HOLE RIB WAS HITTING THE ROCKERS. HAVE TO USE DIFFERENT COVERS 01-18-10
candyman have to ask are you using spacers with those valve covers 01-07-10
THELM FINALLY GOT ENOUGH MONEY FOR SOME MORE PARTS AND STILL WORKING TO GET IT BACK TOGETHER, JUST UPLOADED NEW PICS 06-03-09
THELM CURRENTLY HAVE SHORTBLOCK AND STARTING BACK TOGETHER, WILL GET UPDATED PICS 03-23-09
THELM YOU DON'T THINK THE 9 INCH WILL HOLD, OR THE MUNCIE. IF I CAN PULL A 12 FLAT I WILL STOP. JUST WANT A GOOD STREET/STRIP. 01-27-09
494GOAT Nice car. You will love the bigger cubes, your trans, tires and rear-end will not. Going faster is very addictive!! Get ready to spend big $ !! 01-26-09