PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS
User Name
Password

1978 Trans Am

Drew's_Red_T.A.'s PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS Photo Gallery
1978 Trans Am

1978 Trans Am 400 cid. Been working on this project off and on through the last 5 years and I finally was able to get some paint on it. I have an Edelbrock RPM intake manifold and an Edelbrock 750cfm carb, and a custom & now functional shaker. When I overhauled the engine I went with a high vol. oil pump, a hotter cam and some cosmetic engine pieces with plans for more. A 2.5" dual exhaust from the collectors back with an H type crossover and turbo TA mufflers really improved the sound. I upgraded the front suspension with a performance kit from PST (level 4) and a installed new drag link. Since the car is now road worthy, I went ahead and had a new headliner made and installed new carpet along with a good sound system. Since I am an electronics guy, I added some trick accent lighting that triggers off of sound. It flashes in time with the bass from the stereo, and when the exhaust rumbles. That's as far as I have managed to get so far but I hope to do something about my tired old automatic tranny with an unimpressive 2:56 rear gear soon. I threw in a couple of pictures from the body restoration to show how it used to look.
car is home.jpg

car is home.jpg IMG00029.JPG bscoop (2).jpg finally doors.jpg Last October in my backyard IMG00029 (2).JPG
Click Thumbnail to Enlarge.

Gallery Statistics
Member: Drew's_Red_T.A.
Created: 02-05-06
05:57PM
Last Modified: 12-26-06
02:26PM
Views: 1005
Comments: 5

Comments
Author Comment Date
Zippy Just one Q, why the backwards shaker? There is a high pressure area at the base of the widshield. Fwd doesn't really scoop air 12-11-06
FIREDup6975 it's beautiful 07-16-06
Jeff R Nice ride. I'll have to check it out sometime. I'm just up in Ferndale. 04-14-06
Drew's_Red_T.A. Ok Ok I changed it to MOSTLY stock...lol 03-06-06
FIREDup6975 Bone stock? with those mods? hmmmmm 02-07-06