PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
General
> Pontiac Business Exchange
User Name
Password

Pontiac Business Exchange Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by business.

Old 08-22-10, 03:58AM   #1
RoadrageDavid

Default Poletics+part vendors+BS= bad bisenis practis

Politics + Part vendors = BS and bad Bisenis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody in the Pontiac franety is aware of the Kaufman Butter blok saga in resend history.
And aware of the strange construction they operate selling engine blocks, and the running law sute against the former owner of the dirty bird.

Never the less afther time whent bij and getting good feedback on there heads from ""CVMS"" (who hapend to be the one that found out about te Butter). i Disided to buy a aluminium KRE MR1A block. for my 200 mph road racer

I have been doing some small bisenis with Tinn Indian Performance, and he treated me fair and sirvis was good, bit hard to get a hold of but nice guy. orderd all kinds of small stuff includding these awesome valve covers . had them ingraved with CVMS because hes my regular engine builder.
I askt Tinn indian performance if he could suply me with a Aluminum block in the near future and have it shipt out to CVMS.

his awnser kinda shockt me and said he would never send a block to CVMS ore even to Virginia!!!!.
I askt him why not and found out he had a disliking towards CVMS!!. I told him look im the buyer the PAYING custumore and aint it MY disision to have that block shipt out to wherever ore whoever i want it to be ship out to??. his awnser was the same
.I told him this is just real bad bisenis practis.

I told him so you are forcing me to have somebody els to buy this block for me, have it shipt over there then ship it to me forcing me to make exstra costs.

months whent past, and CVMS told me get a All pontiac aluminum block!!, but unfortunatly they where out of stock.

CVMS then found a frindly engine builder on my request who could and would have no problem to get the block for us tru KRE.

This man was DCI Motorsports!!. CVMS said that he would have no part in this deal and that i should take care of it with DCI.
wel i send DCI 2000usd Down paymend,. tru western union , but the ecspense where a little high. so i askt CVMS if i couldtransfer him another 2000 usd and save me money . and he could send a chek to DCI. he kinda was upost to it but did it anyway.

CVMS send DCI the chek. and the waighting started. days weeks past by!! iven months. very little news. contact was dificult as DCI was changing location with there bisenis.
then finaly there was news!!!!!.
not good news im afreight. DCI on a pure bisenis kinda way send me a email that he reseaved the Block but had it shipt back and could not go tru with this deal moraly!!, because of the lawsute of mr scott roberts and KRE!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????.
And that he would send the money back.

I have no idea what this ecscuse had to do with me whanted to buy a block and had it build by a engine builder of ""my choice"", rather then that KRE found out and DCI got slapt on the fingers not to sell me a block ore face consiquenses in some kind of way tru dinying future bisenis. with KRE.

This is speculation on my part!! but im sure thats what it izzz.
Altho DCI was very frindly in the comunications we did had, but i had the feeling he wassend compleatly hounest towards me in the end, as he had the block in house that i paid for!! and told me he didnt had the time yet to go get it...

This saga cost me lots of time and frustration. CVMS told me not to worry as it could be a blessing is discize as the word is out that the new improved All pontiac Budler aluminum block is due to be out!!!!!!. and is casted by the same people who cast the Donovan aluminum blocks and actualy know what they are doing and have lots of ecspertiese on there part.

I whant to give KRE and al the parties involved a minus 10!!!., for there BAD BS bisenis pracactis playing poletics behind the seen , and refuse potentional custumors the right to buy parts and the right to chooce ther own engine builder of chooise
I wil never ever buy one single piece ore part that comes from KRE ore there vendors .
as long as i live .....
RoadrageDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 08:32AM   #2
DINO
Drag Racer

I feel your pain, I have been their. I know you posted this early in the morning, but I have two words for you, spell check. I actually found this kind of amusing to read,

I think we found someone that is a worse speller than Lou.

The saga goes on with Kauffman, and the story is still the same. The lawsuit deal with Scott and Kauffman is not over yet, I have a feeling it is just getting started.
DINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 10:01AM   #3
RoadrageDavid

Dino im Dutch and dislectic this is who i am!! feel no need for spel chek people do unerstand wat im saying. and if i entertained you with it then thats a good thing!!.
Anyway what can i say about KRE ""What gose around comes around!!!""..
have every bit of faight they wil end up on the reseaving end of the stick.....
Old 08-22-10, 10:08AM   #4
Gach
Administrator

This stuff is distorying our hobby.
Old 08-22-10, 10:46AM   #5
DINO
Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrageDavid View Post
Dino im Dutch and dislectic this is who i am!! feel no need for spel chek people do unerstand wat im saying. and if i entertained you with it then thats a good thing!!.
Anyway what can i say about KRE ""What gose around comes around!!!""..
have every bit of faight they wil end up on the reseaving end of the stick.....
No harm meant, I actually did get a good laugh out of it. But you speak alot of truth about the way they do business, it is beyond me how a vendor can feel that they can be selective on whom they sell their product to. Their must be some fear in the back of their minds about their product. With that being said I can't belive that CVMS would let another MR1 thru their doors. Altho again that is another selective issue. If I was you I would definatly wait for the IAII block, it has been redesigned to the standards that an aluminum block should be cast, and would hold up much better than an aluminum block cast on iron block technology. My next build will be a turbo aluminum block when they come out with it, and it proves itself worthy.
DINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 12:41PM   #6
DocsTA
Turbo addict

It makes for an untrustworhty situation on KRE/Tin Indians behalf. One consideration is that they(kre camp) may not want improvements, if any to be at a shop that would be able to view and comment on such improvements if asked.

The "butter block" issue definitely sent me to All Pontiac and this would be the nail in the coofin if I were in the situation to buy a new block.
Too bad for the Pontiac hobby to have such business practice today.

1979 Trans-Am Turbo Charged 535 IA2,
CV 1 heads with convertible exhaust option. 305cc, flowing 405cfm with mild intake port clean up

1979 Silver Anniversary 4 speed, numbers matching.
DocsTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 01:03PM   #7
Zedo
oh no portzilla

Quote:

I whant to give KRE and al the parties involved a minus 10!!!., for there BAD BS bisenis pracactis playing poletics behind the seen , and refuse potentional custumors the right to buy parts and the right to chooce ther own engine builder of chooise
I wil never ever buy one single piece ore part that comes from KRE ore there vendors .
as long as i live .....

I would not have an engine built by any Pontiac vendor/engine builder- you're better off using your own LOCAL machine shop that you can trust, then assembling the engine yourself. WAKE UP- these "engine builders" aren't doing anything special, you can't do yourself- if you buy the heads that flow the numbers out of the box, like E-heads or CV heads- you can then build a powerful engine in your own garage or driveway. For some reason racers give these engine builders a "blank check" and get charged 3x to 5x what it's actually worth. WHY ? It's stupid. Even if the car runs a few tenths faster, it's not worth the cost. Half the fun is putting the combination and engine together yourself anyway.
Zedo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 08:41PM   #8
Gach
Administrator

I've heard many many stories about Tin Indain and KRE. Just think about this...you produce a block and
Sold fifty of the first run, then you find out they foundry screwed them up and it turns out their soft.

Cam you imagine having to give all fifty customers back their money. Can you also imagine you competitor having a piniac with this. We never got the story on whether or not KRE sue the foundry and how all that turn out. Would be really nice to know.

Anyway it got ugly between competitors and now it seems like it's cared over to the events. It's not good and will hurt the hobby.
Old 08-24-10, 02:52AM   #9
RoadrageDavid

Al this BS and politics makes you whant to go chebby..........
Old 08-24-10, 08:13AM   #10
BDHABT

Quote:
Al this BS and politics makes you whant to go chebby..........
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BDHABT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 02:32PM   #11
region warrior
Drag Racer

Bad enough when your next state over, but over seas has to really suck moose cocks.
Know several people who have had good service from Butlers.
DCI too.
Good luck RRD.

Screw the body work...lets go race!

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...oshop/?start=0
region warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 02:50AM   #12
sprint250
Moteesuh

That was kind of a CS thing for Kaufmann et al to pull especially with an overseas customer.
What is the old business rule? THE CUSTOMER IS KING!

Yes there are some snake oil salesman out there & not just in the Pontiac business.

What usually tells the tale in the long run is :Customer Service,Quality/Durability Of Product , Cost , Finish Line results , Events Won, Championships & Customer Service .

For those of us that like to get into every little detail, putting all your own stuff together is fine and rewarding.No need to go and reinvent the wheel everytime though especially when there is a deadline to make.

The engine builders/machine shops that are honest serve a vital function in the sport /hobby.
Not everyone has the time ,the abilities or desire to build/assemble their engine in the "garage".
They want to get up and running ASAP and just worry over tuning the engine to their liking.They need to be educated customers though.
Old 09-29-10, 05:19AM   #13
INJUNTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINO View Post
If I was you I would definatly wait for the IAII block, it has been redesigned to the standards that an aluminum block should be cast, and would hold up much better than an aluminum block cast on iron block technology.
By all means wait for the better product Dave. Can't rush perfection, and you know you'll be kicking yourself later.
Old 11-11-10, 03:57PM   #14
TIN TIGR
Pontiholic

wow, so much drama..but to not sell products, when cash is ready, is just plain stoooopid..kre now sucks moose **** in myu eyes, and i see why the cv-1 vs hi-port deal is soooo fkrd up..

a bunch of *****-wuusy bitches, whining and crying..

and dont buy tribal tubes..please..
TIN TIGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 09:39PM   #15
michael

Default its still going on?

that BS with REK is still going on? I noticed thier products keep turning up on engine builds in the two Pontiac Periodical Publications. Reminds me of the Brooze Flooper saga. Maybe some body should write some letters.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote