PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
General
> New Pontiac Friends
User Name
Password

New Pontiac Friends NEW MEMBERS! - Introduce yourself, tell us about your car, and post a pic of it.

sponser links

Old 04-22-08, 02:03AM   #1
mashedfinger67

Default New guy at PZ

Hi all

I saw a reference this weekend to this forum from another forum and thought I would see what it's like on the dark side. I see some familiar people and some I don't know that seem to be characters over here, and I like that.

..........a brief introduction/facts about me.

1. I have only been into Poncho's for two years now.
2. I only have two.
3. One of them is a dreaded "corporate" motored abomination -and I LOVE IT!
4. My powerball fantasy involves buying a big piece of land out in the country with plenty of room for "goats and chickens".
5. I hate Pontiacs w/ chevy motors in them (except of course, anything that left the factory that way) but would never tell someone what to do with their own car.
6. I m@sterb@!e to pictures of aluminum fendered 421SD catalinas' and early Tempest drag cars.
7. I have been bitten by the Pontiac bug so bad that I even want a Fiero GT (w/ a LS2 of course).
8. I have usually kept myself under the radar on the other forum and just spend my time looking for info that I need and laughing to myself watching grown men having pointless arguments and word fights like bickering pre-teen girls.
9. Deleted for vulgarity by self prior to posting (just to prove to the MODS that I have some self restraint and they don't have to keep thier eye on me).
10. I don't give a sh!t about your spelling, I understand what you were trying to say and as far as I can see, there will be no test at the end of any of this.

Nice to meet all of you. I am sure I will learn a lot when I visit. I have plenty of questions.

Pics of my '67 LeMans at various states of still un-completion and the 455 as it sat as a transplant into the '65 catalina of the guy I bought it from. Also a pic of my '94 Sunfire yellow LT1/6 spd T/A GT (never seen another one like it) that I found on craigslist about 8 months ago and have since hammered on to the point of blowing the center out of the pressure plate. After it gets a clutch, it's going on the bottle:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03648-3.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	15564   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03310-1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	15565   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03638.jpg
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	15566   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03662-1.jpg
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	15567   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0695.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	15568  

Name:	DSC00114.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	15569   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00118.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	15570   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00131.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	15571   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0801.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	15572   Click image for larger version

Name:	TA_GT-1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	15573  

Last edited by mashedfinger67 : 04-22-08 at 02:25AM.
mashedfinger67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 02:07PM   #2
mar3
the fallen

Nice cars, nice house!

Welcome to the Dark Side!..lol

Mario III
1984 Mazda RX-7 GS...stock,DC solar yellow beauty.
mar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 02:37PM   #3
mashedfinger67

Thanks Mario! I would rather have less house and more garage, but ya' have to keep momma happy too. Thanks for saying hello
Old 04-26-08, 03:19PM   #4
mar3
the fallen

Momma Bear is quite upset with moi over that same score...nice big house for her and the kids BUT I made sure I had a three car garage.....and she still can't park in it!

mar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 03:37PM   #5
mashedfinger67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3 View Post
and she still can't park in it!
You, I have explained to my wife several times that a car has to possess some special quality to earn a spot in the garage. ie,

horsepower, speed, beauty, (see below)etc.

...........Still not sure she buys it, but atleast she quit complaining!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03598.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	15611   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0807.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	15612   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03087.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	15613  
Old 04-28-08, 05:08AM   #6
GET IT ON
Pontiholic

Welcome to PZ ! Cool rides, including the Caddy. After nos takes care of the engine in the 'bird, We can fix it with a real Pontiac under the hood! ( I couldn't resist)
GET IT ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 01:54AM   #7
mashedfinger67

That would be cool to have REAL pontiac power in the screamin' yellow firechicken GET IT ON, but 26mpg at 1,500 rpm is pretty cool too.

Thanks for sayin' hi.
Old 05-10-08, 03:43AM   #8
JMackPontiac
PONTIAC PURIST

Default Welcome!

Hello mashedfinger67, Nice Cars. This is a great site and a wealth of information!

Best Wishes,

JMack
Old 05-12-08, 03:29PM   #9
mashedfinger67

Thanks Jmack! I dig your Ventura. My dad has recently found one with a 455 in it sitting out front of a guys abandoned-looking house, but so far has got no reply from the owner. I would love to have one, 'specially one with a 4-5-5 in it!
Old 05-13-08, 12:52AM   #10
JMackPontiac
PONTIAC PURIST

Talking Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashedfinger67 View Post
Thanks Jmack! I dig your Ventura. My dad has recently found one with a 455 in it sitting out front of a guys abandoned-looking house, but so far has got no reply from the owner. I would love to have one, 'specially one with a 4-5-5 in it!
Thanks for the compliment. I really stole this Car. It is a 75K 'actual' mile Car that has never been wrecked and is totaly rust free, with the exception of a few 'very small' surface bubbles in only a couple of places.
Tell your Dad to keep knocking on that guys door, he'll do one of two things, tell him to get the hell outa' there or sale it to him.......I 'NEVER' give up!
BTW, mine does have a 455.....'71 455 (462) with forged H-Beams, Flat Top Forged Pistons and I am in the process of finishing up my #13 Heads that I ported myself. When I get the Heads completed, in goes the Solid Roller Cam, along with a few other items. Looking at 500/525 HP and 530/560 Torque, it oughta go pretty well!

Best Wishes,

JMack
Old 05-13-08, 12:54PM   #11
mashedfinger67

We basically have the same heads on our 462's. I have #12's. With flat tops you are going to have some serious compression! I am at 9.8 with a -23cc dished piston. You gonna run race gas in that thing?
Old 05-13-08, 04:04PM   #12
JMackPontiac
PONTIAC PURIST

Quote:
We basically have the same heads on our 462's. I have #12's. With flat tops you are going to have some serious compression! I am at 9.8 with a -23cc dished piston. You gonna run race gas in that thing?

My calculations put me right at 11 to 1 Static and 9.8 to 1 Dynamic Compression. (I have to wait and pull the Heads and see how far down the hole they are, could possibly be a little higher Compression.)
If I wind up at 11 to 1, I will start out with a 50/50 mix of 114 Leaded Sunoco and 93 Pump, which will put me right at 104 Octane. In our area, we are between 600/700 feet above sea level and it gets hotter than hell and the humidity is killer in the Summer. Just have to play with the Octane/Timing and see where it goes. This Engine is just a little something to play with while I get the Cage/Suspension/Brakes and other mods done. I am looking for 1000HP+ in the near future, haven't decided yet whether or not I am going NA Pump Gas or Turbo Pump Gas.......I am leaning really hard toward the Turbo.

Be cool,

JMack
Old 05-13-08, 05:21PM   #13
mashedfinger67

Looks like a big turbo is a good way to get there. I can't wait to see what someone can do with a pair of turbo's on a convertable set of CV-1s. Should be on par with the BBC crowd now. It's is a very, very cool time be a Poncho guy.........I just need more time and money!
Old 05-13-08, 11:06PM   #14
JMackPontiac
PONTIAC PURIST

Thumbs up

Quote:
Looks like a big turbo is a good way to get there. I can't wait to see what someone can do with a pair of turbo's on a convertable set of CV-1s. Should be on par with the BBC crowd now. It's is a very, very cool time be a Poncho guy.........I just need more time and money!
I couldn't agree more! I have been out of the game for over 25 years, busy with raising children/wife and running my business. I started getting back in about 1 1/2 years ago....man how things have changed! You are absolutely correct, it is a great time to be a Poncho lover! I have said it for years, Pontiac WILL be able to compete with the BBC/BBF and Mopars, just give it time.........looks like the time is at hand! (We have always been able to compete on the street, just couldn't do it in the 'Big League'.)
That time and money thing is what holds most of us back. Keep on keeping on, that's all we can do.
Old 05-13-08, 11:16PM   #15
mashedfinger67

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackPontiac View Post
...busy with raising children/wife
See, that's where I have a jump start on you, out West we can't marry 'em until they are 18.

Sorry JMack, I couldn't resist that one! In all honesty, I would trade Az for 'Bama any day, and I am 3rd gen. AZ native. I have family that lived in Birmingham and used to visit while I was USAF and stationed in Biloxi. I loved it there, pine tree covered hills and a short drive to the most under-rated beach on the whole Gulf Coast.