PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
General
> New Pontiac Friends
User Name
Password

New Pontiac Friends NEW MEMBERS! - Introduce yourself, tell us about your car, and post a pic of it.

sponser links

Old 02-08-07, 08:02PM   #1
DINO
Drag Racer

Default Pontiac guy from Ohio

New to site, looking for a good home to get good advise and maybe share some as well. I am the proud owner of a 64 GTO race car. It is a tube chassis car sporting a 70 4 bolt main 455, TH400, and a Ford 9". Best timeslip as of date is 10.70 with #48 RAIII heads. With the new addition of KRE cnc ported to 325 cfm heads I hope to see some high 9 timeslips. I will be participating in a couple of Pontiac drag events this comming year and hope to put some faces to names, it's all about having a good time and meeting new folks. It is not my plan to get into any pissing matches with anyone, just enjoy the company of friends. One of the events I know I'll be at is going to be the TriPower Nats, this will be my third one. I did very well last year in the modified class, getting down to the last 5 cars before lighting big red and taking myself out of contention.
DINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 10:24PM   #2
Gach

Default Re: Pontiac guy from Ohio

Nice 64 GTO, I have one two, and welcome. 10.70's with 48 heads that's pretty good, very impress. No pissing contest here. Would you mind giving us your combination with the #48 heads. You say your getting a set of KRE cnc ported to 325 cfm heads, mind telling us how much these heads are going to cost, and what other changes you plain on making, and why you choose those over a set of E-heads.
Old 02-08-07, 10:55PM   #3
DINO
Drag Racer

Good to feel welcome, I'll post combo. Already have KRE heads, lotsa work done to them already, 4 angle valve job, Manley ICD titanium retainers, Ferrea valves, PSI valve springs, been to the flow bench 3 times, lotsa work on the runners after a cnc port job. Just like to be different. Acutual flow numbers adverage out to be 334 cfm at .650 lift max.
Old 02-08-07, 10:58PM   #4
Gach

334 cfm at .650 lift max, those are good numbers, what do they flow at .500 and .550. Have you run the car with the aluminum D-ports yet, who's doing the port work. Sounds real good.
Old 02-08-07, 11:36PM   #5
Hillard

Hi Dino, I've certainly heard about you before. I know the Landis family fairly well. I was surprised when Kevin sold that car.....well sort of. You never know what Ron and Kevin have up their sleeve next. We'll have to meet up at Norwalk this year. I know you were there but I just never came up to say hi. I'm fairly new to this site also but so far I haven't seen any of the crap you see on other sights. Was that on Sat. or Sun. when you made it to the last 5?
Hillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 11:48PM   #6
DINO
Drag Racer

It was saturday, sunday I went out in the second round. Ron and Kevin are good people. Still talk to them from time to time. They have another cool project going on right now. Let's just say it has something to do with Milt Schornack.
Old 02-08-07, 11:52PM   #7
Hillard

I should have known that but I was so zoned in to what I was doing I didn't even know who was in the other lane until the final round. I did the same thing on Sunday that you did, out in round 2.
Hillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-07, 02:08AM   #8
INJUNTOM

Welcome aboard...hope to see you stick around :Poncho
Old 02-18-07, 03:07AM   #9
GET IT ON
Pontiholic

Welcome to Passion4Pontiacs !! Beautiful GTO !!!
GET IT ON is offline   Reply With Quote