PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Old Today, 07:27AM   #16
Zedo
prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas flaherty View Post
Zero I’m with you I hope trump using tariffs on steel and alum can bring back all kinds of manufacturing including performance parts. Just a note on the rod this is not a butler only deal, it will be sold threw summit jegs etc etc and yes will find there way onto ebay. Also eagle rates them at 750 hp. I would never run them at that horsepower but 500-600. Last comment price point is important $349 press pin and higher makes you look at the 4340 bushing h beams for a couple dollars more
yes you can get the forged H beam fro $560 on Ebay and it's communist made. another friggin' Chinese offshore rod but at least it's the right size.

we need congressional laws outlawing and banning that foreign sheet from even being imported. if a hot war breaks out all the guys selling this crap are gonna get a big surprise cuz none of it is going to be imported AT ALL.

I don't buy the forged crank line anyway, cuz any force that's strong enough to break a GM cast crank, is not going to be slight, and is going to bend a forged crank too, and blow up a motor even if it HAS a forged crank in it.

how many guys do you know who have broken a cast GM Pontiac crank ? I can't think of a single one, cuz the tiny little rod bearing or main bearing is going to fail long before that big GM beefy cast nodular iron crank is going to break. you may crack one but you'll find it when you freshen and mag it.

this is why the 1000 HP motors with aftermarket parts are so damned boring, cuz half the motor is Chinese made and then no American Patriot cares how fast it is, you're running a Chinese motor.

the Chinese made GM cars are so bad, they are BANNED from being imported into USA as it is right now. that's how schitty they are. yet guys are still putting these cranks, rods in their Pontiacs and running these intake manifolds with no markings or name brand on them.

just to go fast and race ? wake up racers, if you run Chinese parts, nobody cares or gives a fukk how fast you are, it makes the racer look like a broomstick cowboy... there's no pride in that.
Zedo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:30AM   #17
Zedo
prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
I'm direct with them, maybe I can find out.

With the sheer amount of items having some kind of offshore "touch" to them, I simply can't be biased that way.

I can. most Pontiac guys are. most of the Pontiacs out there have GM vintage cranks, rods in them, not Chinese stuff. again, the racing market is 1 percent of the Pontiac owners. someday someone with money is going to make cranks, rods in the USA again and put all those Chinese parts vendors out of business.

selling Chinese made parts for Pontiacs, is ripping off the USA, and bastardizing our automotive heritage. and taking our jobs away and shipping them overseas. we've been through this before, it's the whole reason why Trump got elected in the first place. his rallies with record breaking crowds were filled with people LIKE ME who are tired of this schitt. today if you're pushing Chinese made anything, it's obvious that is not what Americans want- based on how they voted. and they'll vote that way again in 2020- it's the anti-China import vote. yet Pontiac vendors keep right along selling the stuff. where's your patriotism to the USA ?

do you think the Italians would put Chinese parts in their vintage Lamborginis, Ferraris, Maseratis ?
Zedo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31AM   #18
blykins

I cracked a rod journal on a factory cast crank, first lick on the dyno, with a 600+ hp 409ci engine. But thatís my luck lol
blykins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:58AM   #19
blykins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedo View Post
I can. most Pontiac guys are. most of the Pontiacs out there have GM vintage cranks, rods in them, not Chinese stuff. again, the racing market is 1 percent of the Pontiac owners. someday someone with money is going to make cranks, rods in the USA again and put all those Chinese parts vendors out of business.

selling Chinese made parts for Pontiacs, is ripping off the USA, and bastardizing our automotive heritage. and taking our jobs away and shipping them overseas. we've been through this before, it's the whole reason why Trump got elected in the first place. his rallies with record breaking crowds were filled with people LIKE ME who are tired of this schitt. today if you're pushing Chinese made anything, it's obvious that is not what Americans want- based on how they voted. and they'll vote that way again in 2020- it's the anti-China import vote. yet Pontiac vendors keep right along selling the stuff. where's your patriotism to the USA ?

do you think the Italians would put Chinese parts in their vintage Lamborginis, Ferraris, Maseratis ?
Where's my patriotism?

I voted for Trump too, so let's get that out in the open real quick.

But if I were to not offer anything but US made parts in my engines, I'd simply go out of business. Quick. It's obvious that you don't build engines for a living.

Whether it's right or wrong, not everyone will pay $1000 for a set of rods, when there's a set of $400 rods that will work just as well.

I'd be a little more understandable if you weren't typing on a PC made in India, or pecking on an iPhone made in China, or wearing shoes made somewhere in deep Africa.

Where do you think your bearings are made? What about the steel in your timing set? Where does it come from?

BTW, most Pontiac guys are NOT like that.....or else there wouldn't be a market for Eagle and Scat cranks/rods for Pontiacs and Molnar wouldn't be pushing a line of Pontiac rods.

Sorry, in a perfect world, the US would be self-sufficient, but in reality, it just doesn't work that way, and it never will. So the answer is for all the engine guys to go out of business?
blykins is online now   Reply With Quote