PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Restoration and General Tech
> Suspension - Brakes - Tires
User Name
Password

Suspension - Brakes - Tires OEM to all out Performance - Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires

sponser links

Old 08-26-04, 11:25AM   #16
Goatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta455
autozone has the correct master cylinder for under 20 dollars but nobody has the proportioning valve so im checking junk yards but nobody has a disc brake valve for a transam
You can still get a proportioning valve new trough GM. Part#1257189 for about $150. Kind of pricey, but still available.
Old 08-26-04, 11:31AM   #17
Goatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 LeMans
Is there somewhere that has all the parts listed in checklist form for us "junkyard guys"
I'm doing the Global West conversion on the front of my 70. Upper control arms you'll have to buy from GW or Hotchkis. Junkyard stuff, spindle, calipers, rotors you can use 70-81 F-body, or I think 79-96 B-body. You'll also have to use a different lower b-joint, and outter tie rod ends.
Old 08-26-04, 11:37AM   #18
Goatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_guy
I have a 68 with power drum brakes all the way around.Can I use the stock master cylinder and brake booster?Do I need another proportioning valve?
No, you can not use the drum stuff. Disc brakes take more volume to work properly. Just look at a caliper next to a wheel cylinder, and you'll see the caliper holds twice as much fluid if not more. Prop valves are different, also. You might be able to use the booster, if a new master will fit.