> Pre-War Pontiac & Oakland Forum/Registry
User Name
Password

Pre-War Pontiac & Oakland Forum/Registry Pontiacs and Oaklands 1942 and older

sponser links

Old 04-03-07, 01:52AM   #16
INJUNTOM

Default Re: Pre-War Pontiac pics

Yep, i haven't even gotten the '37 running yet, and i'm already wanting one of the early ones.
Old 04-05-07, 06:36PM   #17
cletrac

Hi again.
As far as literature for our '32, we sure could use any diagrams that show how to put it back together. As I mentioned, we bought it all in pieces, and my husband is piece by piece identifying what all is there. I have purchased a master parts book reproduction that does give us some thoughts, but anything that would make this process quicker. Any ideas?

If we had taken it apart ourselves, we would not be going thru this. As it is, we are just putting it together without restoring now so we can use the "footprints" on frame. After it is together, we will take it apart again and KNOW what goes where.
cletrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 06:40PM   #18
cletrac

Hi Rarerodder,
I will talk with my husband and ask about those hood tops and get back to you. Ours is no different than yours - it is in many pieces all over the shop too!
Thanks.
Beckey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarerodder View Post
Isn't that neat! My 31 convertible (actually called a cabriolet back then) is the same car as that car except, the grille, hood, head/taillights, fender and belt line embossing is a little different, but the biggest difference of all-mine is rusty and in many pieces all over my shop! That is a true landau bar that actually holds the top up and folds in half when the top is down. Those logos you mentioned were just fakes to look like these original cabriolets.

I am going to use 32 Pontiac hood sides on my cabriolet as I like the vent doors better than the louvers of the 31 hood. Cletrac, do you need the hood tops? They are in great shape. Boy, talking about it is making me want to start working on the 31 cab again!
Old 04-05-07, 08:12PM   #19
cletrac

I won't look good next to your purty '37 until we get some work done on it, and even then, not good enough until restored. Love your '37.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJUNTOM View Post
Wow Cletrac, that's a great project car. I really want one like that to sit next to my '37.
Old 04-08-07, 01:10PM   #20
INJUNTOM

Hopefully i'll get to start working on my '37 again soon. I have some other car projects that need to be finished up first, so the '37 has had to take the back seat, but soon i'll be there.
Old 04-30-07, 06:44PM   #21
cletrac

Default Re: Pre-War Pontiac & Oakland pics

Here are more photos of our '32 coupe. We put the body on it yesterday, and now it is starting to look like a real car! Now remember, we are just putting it back together, not restoring it. We purchased this car in pieces. I think it was taken apart around 1965. I mispoke earlier. So this car was stored in pieces for more than 40 years.

Beckey

http://picasaweb.google.com/rustyshe...ey=OzhrpXaEAok
Old 05-01-07, 01:39AM   #22
Pontiac Jack
M/T Hemi Guru

Hey! That front crossmember's looking awfully straight/smooth/shiny- remember, you're not (?) restoring it!
Sure looks like some nice, solid pieces to work with- enjoy!
Pontiac Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-07, 08:19PM   #23
cletrac

Yes Jack, the front crossmember has been painted. When we started work on this car, we had considered painting it all as we went. Well, since we had not taken it apart, and had no diagrams for rebuilding, we really needed the "footprints" that showed us where some of the parts went.

It is a nice original, and we will enjoy it for a while as such. We have tried to put upholstery tacked in. Be nice to take to our little home town show next month and park next to the wonderful restorations some of our neighbors have to share. Maybe next year or so we will take it apart and start over. At least we will know what goes where!

We have a '31 Ford T roadster pickup that was supposed to be finished first. Have to get back to it.

I am the official chrome polisher and car waxer. Got a decent shine on it!
Beckey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac Jack View Post
Hey! That front crossmember's looking awfully straight/smooth/shiny- remember, you're not (?) restoring it!
Sure looks like some nice, solid pieces to work with- enjoy!
Old 06-07-07, 04:58PM   #24
olskool37

Heres a few pics Ive taken in the past....

olskool37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-07, 05:02PM   #25
olskool37

and some more...

I have a few more I'll need to scrounge up. Later J.
olskool37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-07, 01:25AM   #26
INJUNTOM

That's cool. I like seeing pics of old Pontiacs.
Old 06-08-07, 11:25PM   #27
Pontiac Jack
M/T Hemi Guru

I like the almost-stock-exterior dark green sedan. Those outside mirrors are really subtle.
Pontiac Jack is offline   Reply With Quote