PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Restoration and General Tech
> User Reviews
User Name
Password

User Reviews Reviews of Products by Real Users.

Old 02-21-08, 04:14AM   #1
Gach
Administrator

Default Ponchospidel....MR-1 Block

Here's a post and pictures of Ponchospidel's father block as
post on P-Y

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=551312

Quote:
i was putting together my dad's new mr1 block combo today, and when i torqued down the number 3 main cap inner bolts to 75# the crank wouln't turn. after looking closely at the cap, the end of the passenger side cap was .028" from touching the block. the cap is not straight. the only reason this block was not sent to our machine shop to be checked out is because IT WAS PERSONLY REPLACED BY STEVE AND BILL FROM k&M TO REPLACE THE 2 BUTTER BLOCKS(as they have become to be known) AND WERE SAID TO BE READY TO BE ASSYMBLED AS THEY WERE DELIVERED. the first block has been fine and runnig for last season in my step mom's car @about 750hp for more than 200 runs. so we thought this block would be good for my dad's 565"motor. both the #2 cap(seems to be fine) and the #3 cap are being returned to kre so they can check them against each other. i hope they will take care of this matter as profesionals. i am totaly disgusted, and now afraid of al the machine work and the blocks again. personaly i say FUK them and ther products, but i did not purchase any of them myself (heads or blocks), my dad did ,so what i say means little. i am stuck using ther pruduct(hp heads)on my car because i have no other alternative finacialy, they are what i have and can't afford an alternative. anyway, sorry to rant but i could not make this crap up if i wanted to. i know my dad is goint to mad as hell for me posting this, but what if someone elses block or caps are just off a little and they don't find it till it is to late. hear are the pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mr1%233cap002.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	15067   Click image for larger version

Name:	mr1%233cap004.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	15068   Click image for larger version

Name:	mr1%233cap005.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	15069  
Gach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 04:20AM   #2
Gach
Administrator

More pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mr1%233cap002.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	15072  
Old 02-23-08, 06:06PM   #3
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
First off there seems to be a misconception here. Dairy Farmers or ANY Farmers in this day and age are NOT STUPID people. They are Survivors!

This means that if they make a "bad" decision due to poor knowledge in that area, due to deceptive practices, or due to being down right crooks it is all the same: "How do They recover as quickly as possible while losing as little money as possible"

Some businesses acknowledge their mistakes, say "It will not happen again" and try and correct the issues with their customers, Morose is a good example of this type of company. Other businesses ignore the customers, file bankruptcy, and move on again trying to pay as little as possible. Now the last group simply picks up stakes and goes to a new area to take advantage of new "victims" of their scams.

Very hard to do the last deal for some, as this means you have to sell the "family farm" and actually move away.

I personally have seen cases though where this did happen, but not on an automotive deal. The kid was stealing from the members at the bank so the family reputation wasn't any good in the town. They had to leave.

In this case the "reputation" means nothing to the local people or to the company, it is all an "internet deal".

My final comment of this post.

Do NOT assume that these people are stupid. This is not the case. They may be other things but stupid is not one of them.
Tom v.
Internet deal, I wonder what percentage of the hobby has Internet
access. I wonder if the guy in Hooterville who recieved a MR-1 block
from them and doesn't even own a computer. Most likely knows of
Kauffman's from those adds in HPP or PE magazine.

What percentage of business comes from Magazine adds vs Internet.
I say most of their business comes from adds.