PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
General
> New Pontiac Friends
User Name
Password

New Pontiac Friends NEW MEMBERS! - Introduce yourself, tell us about your car, and post a pic of it.

sponser links

Old 11-03-14, 01:31PM   #1
Seven

Default My 1983 Pontiac Firebird S/E

Hello,
My name is Patrick, and I am in Oregon. I purchased my first Pontiac several months ago, and I am super excited to get working on the car. It is a 1983 Firebird S/E, with the stock 305 V8 5.0L engine w/ a 4brl carb. I am totally new to this, so this will be a learning experience for me, and any help provided in this forum will be greatly appreciated.

My first order of business is to put a new high performance engine in it. The car will be a daily driver street car. But being able to take it to the track once in a while would be awesome. I have seen some neat Crate Engines for a fair price, but a custom built engine would be awesome.
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 08:48PM   #2
Gach
Administrator

305 is a Chevy motor. Sure you already know that ...are you keeping it Chevy or you plain on butting a Pontiac in ?
Old 11-03-14, 08:49PM   #3
Gach
Administrator

Oh forgot to mention you did good looks like a nice car.
Old 11-04-14, 01:34PM   #4
Seven

The story goes that the car was originally purchased in California, then sold in the late 90's where it was driven up to Oregon. The owner used it as a daily driver family car (and even put a hitch on it) for a couple of years until she passed away 13 years ago. It had since been sitting on the families land.

The T-top leaks, the upholstery on the seats is torn and faded, 4% contamination in the brake fluid, rear brakes need replacing, leaks both oil and transmission fluid, needed a turn-up, steering wheel rocks up and down, A/C needs refilling, etc.

So, I agree, it is a great car. I love it already. I could go either way on on the engine, Pontiac or Chevy. But if I could choose, I would stick with Pontiac. Just give me the power
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote