User Name
Password

Forced Induction This section for the traditional Pontiac V8

sponser links

Old 05-02-08, 08:17PM   #46
turbo69BIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper67 View Post
I allways look. Also read like 4 books on the subject to understand all the science behind it. I am still torn between NA and head design or turbo and going fast for cheap. It's like I flip a coin everyday.

AHHHHGGGGG,
Your killing me with that kind of talk.
Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo Turbo

Thats just my opinion but you guys new that!
turbo69BIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 08:26PM   #47
sleeper67
port manipulator

You have to understand bro, one.... fuel system needs to be upgraded. Then the fab time. Plus I want to do experimenting with heads, I have 3 sets of different casting D-ports. Plus cmon, the cost of 2 tv7101's from you Jeff and all the routing. I like the trunk idea too. Been staring at my 67 lemans trunk and there is so much room. It's tempting Once the car is sorted out and I break 10's with d-ports and small solid, I then may go turbo before E-heads. Then I can test head design for turbo's. Here I go again.

Just another knuckledrager cylinder head "know it all".
sleeper67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 08:29PM   #48
sleeper67
port manipulator

Besides my buddy said that its not as impressive to go 9-10's with forced. So I said what about low 9's? he did.......

Just another knuckledrager cylinder head "know it all".
sleeper67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 08:42PM   #49
Robert1320
Turbo Eng. Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69BIRD View Post
You Know we've "made it" when we have ford guys looking over here boys!

Thats cool were happy your here!

There are no big block fords over at Tstangs anyway all windsor based stuff.LOL
Sorry, there are BBF over there.... I helped a guy with his 572 cid BBF and 106mm. It has been 4.70's in the 1/8 on an aborted run and wheelstand....

Crazy stuff, who knew!

Custom Engine Building - Turbo, Blown, N20

Aerospace, BRC Pistons, CSU-Carbs, B/W S400 Turbos
EV-Bonnets & Carb Bowls, JGS W/G & BOV's, Moser, M/T,
Star, Stroud Safety, Header tubing U & J bends and more.
Give us a call.
Robert1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 11:21PM   #50
Matt Meaney

i'm back... lurking anyway.
Matt Meaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 02:27AM   #51
turbo69BIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1320 View Post
Sorry, there are BBF over there.... I helped a guy with his 572 cid BBF and 106mm. It has been 4.70's in the 1/8 on an aborted run and wheelstand....

Crazy stuff, who knew!
Alright I am catching flack for that comment from all over the place.
It was somewhat of an inside joke with some ford buddies who lurk hear from time to time..

I know theres BBF's there. I like fords I was a ford guy wayyyy before I was a ponchofile.
Christ I rode home from the hospital in a 69 351 stang at birth.
My father still has it.
My uncle bought a 302 fatsback the same day my dad bought his.

JEEZ all you (ford) guys are wayyyyy to serious.LOL
turbo69BIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 06:05PM   #52
flynbrian

Huh, Just saw this thread...Count me in...Mouthy as all getout.

If I can build homebuilt turbo set-ups and rebuild my own turbo's then anybody with brains can do it...My tools are limited...I did just buy a plasma though!
I have learned all I know about turbo's in the last 2 years. Before then I never lifted a eyebrow about them...I was clueless.
Locally turbo's are getting to be all over! Lots of cars at the track are using turbo's now to go faster!....But most are newer injected cars and import cars...Old school cars like mine with homemade setups and blow thru carbed is still a fresh idea in my location.
flynbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 11:40PM   #53
marks73ta

One of the big contributors to so many people making the big leap to turbos is due to all the great info that is coming on boards like these. You guys that started your projects with nothing but were willing to share and debate with others sure get a big round of applause from me. I too read as much as I can get my hands on and although I've owned a '91 Dodge Spirit R/T turbo and an '87 Turbo T Buick I still have questions all the time. I thank you guys so much for letting me step in and pick your brains and take from your experiences. This makes the people trying the turbo combinations (and all kinds of boosted combinations) much more successfull right off the bat. Others see this and then try and so on. Thank you guys for all your help. Mark L
marks73ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 09:41PM   #54
1ownerTA

Count me in, I've definately been reading for a while. Getting some great ideas. Now only if I had something else to drive while I fabbed all the turbo stuff..........
1ownerTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-08, 11:40PM   #55
Croaker
Lurker

Lurking....
Croaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 08:07PM   #56
turbo louie

I'm here! soon with my 4 banger!
turbo louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-08, 01:27AM   #57
marks73ta

turbo louie, make sure you keep a running update for us. I too am an off the wall engine-phile and love different combos. I've always wanted to do a Pontiac 4 with either a blower or a turbo, but never have the money to do all the things I have on my head. But I ain't dead yet so I still have time hehehe!!! Mark L
marks73ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-08, 04:26AM   #58
conceptfab
Fabricator

another one...and i think I may know that guy with the Ford. I think the story was they were doing maintenance or something and when they were plugging the wastegate back in they put the line on the wrong port and saw about 50+ pounds of boost. The tires came back up when it shifted to 2nd and it trapped 150+ in the 1/8. Is this the same guy?
conceptfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-08, 12:44PM   #59
70 bird

50 psi.
70 bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-08, 12:54AM   #60
twinturbobird
Duct Tape Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptfab View Post
another one...and i think I may know that guy with the Ford. I think the story was they were doing maintenance or something and when they were plugging the wastegate back in they put the line on the wrong port and saw about 50+ pounds of boost. The tires came back up when it shifted to 2nd and it trapped 150+ in the 1/8. Is this the same guy?
"KABOOM, KABOOM" "Kowalski, stop it with the Kaboom's already!"