PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
General
> New Pontiac Friends
User Name
Password

New Pontiac Friends NEW MEMBERS! - Introduce yourself, tell us about your car, and post a pic of it.

sponser links

Old 01-11-08, 11:27AM   #1
MOTORHEAD
Born-2-Wrench

Talking Another T/A guy..

Hello fellow Pontiac Owners , been a member here since 12-2007 , but I don't remember doing a new guy post so here it is!! I currently have (2) Pontiacs , both T/A's , both 79's , both black. One belongs to me and the other I bought for my wife for a mothers day gift about 9yrs ago. She caught the racing bug , so hers is currently under going transformation into a prostreet car. My car has'nt seen pavement in 8yrs!! My job has kept me so wrapped up that I can hardly find time to enjoy anything. I used to also have a t-top 88 Trans-Am , Maui blue / silver , 5.0 litre-5-speed. I sold this car to a freind cause I was tired of seeing it set in the garage...(big mistake). He ran the crap out of it , burned up the clutch , broke a spring mount doing burn-outs , got a DUI in it 2-weeks after I sold it to him , then drove it into a tree in his back yard while he was wasted. I'll NEVER sell another vehicle just because it's setting and I don't have time , because eventually you'll have that "window of opportunity" to enjoy it , and it makes the experience all the sweeter!! I currently have the engine (403 Olds +.030) out of mine for updates. I just buttoned it up , and it's ready to go back in. My car was an auto originally , then I changed it to a 4-speed. After a few yrs , I was tired of the Muncie and wanted an over drive gear to grab. I bought a 6-speed from a 94 Corvette to put in , I can't wait to try it out!!
Old 01-11-08, 12:22PM   #2
twinturbobird
Duct Tape Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD View Post
Hello fellow Pontiac Owners , been a member here since 12-2007 , but I don't remember doing a new guy post so here it is!! I currently have (2) Pontiacs , both T/A's , both 79's , both black. One belongs to me and the other I bought for my wife for a mothers day gift about 9yrs ago. She caught the racing bug , so hers is currently under going transformation into a prostreet car. My car has'nt seen pavement in 8yrs!! My job has kept me so wrapped up that I can hardly find time to enjoy anything. I used to also have a t-top 88 Trans-Am , Maui blue / silver , 5.0 litre-5-speed. I sold this car to a freind cause I was tired of seeing it set in the garage...(big mistake). He ran the crap out of it , burned up the clutch , broke a spring mount doing burn-outs , got a DUI in it 2-weeks after I sold it to him , then drove it into a tree in his back yard while he was wasted. I'll NEVER sell another vehicle just because it's setting and I don't have time , because eventually you'll have that "window of opportunity" to enjoy it , and it makes the experience all the sweeter!! I currently have the engine (403 Olds +.030) out of mine for updates. I just buttoned it up , and it's ready to go back in. My car was an auto originally , then I changed it to a 4-speed. After a few yrs , I was tired of the Muncie and wanted an over drive gear to grab. I bought a 6-speed from a 94 Corvette to put in , I can't wait to try it out!!
Welcome to the Zone! Sounds nice. Ran a few Olds motors but they were 455's. Mondello and Smith were the two to use and ran pretty well.

Old 01-11-08, 01:57PM   #3
598TransAm
Pump Gas'r

Welcome....Would like to see some pics..Like the wife has the racing bug comment...Who's car will be faster???? I would make hers faster so you would always have an excuse to buy stuff for your car..lol That sucks about the car you sold...
598TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-08, 03:27AM   #4
MOTORHEAD
Born-2-Wrench

Talking

Thanks for the welcome guys , I tried to post pics but they would'nt upload for some reason. File too big?? I think the wife will get me light to light , but I'll smoke her after that. When I still had the 4-speed in the car my top speed was about 140-145 , and that was crank'n some rpm's. The engine has more than enough to pull a 6th gear. I'm setting hers up with a manual valve body and an rpm activated cylinder to shift it @ set rpms when she's feel'n froggy so she don't grenade everything. lol
Old 01-26-08, 01:28PM   #5
mar3
the fallen

Great having you on board, Mr.M !

1984 Mazda RX-7 GS...stock,DC solar yellow beauty.
mar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-08, 03:44PM   #6
INJUNTOM

Welcome aboard
Old 03-10-08, 03:06PM   #7
MOTORHEAD
Born-2-Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD View Post
Thanks for the welcome guys , I tried to post pics but they would'nt upload for some reason. File too big?? I think the wife will get me light to light , but I'll smoke her after that. When I still had the 4-speed in the car my top speed was about 140-145 , and that was crank'n some rpm's. The engine has more than enough to pull a 6th gear. I'm setting hers up with a manual valve body and an rpm activated cylinder to shift it @ set rpms when she's feel'n froggy so she don't grenade everything. lol
Figured out how to compress pics finally , the pic I use as my avatar is the only current pic I have. As you can see , she still is'nt together , but I'm trying to find the time. lol
Old 03-11-08, 01:57AM   #8
Gach
Administrator

If you want send the picture to me g.gatch@verizon.net
and I'll load them for you.
Gach is offline   Reply With Quote