Engine Tech
> Engine Tech Discussion - Street or Strip
User Name
Password

sponser links

Old 10-24-18, 01:05AM   #31
Gach
Administrator

Meant to add OEM caps are aluminum conductor MSD is copper like aluminum wire vs copper.
Old 10-24-18, 06:37PM   #32
Dragncar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Correct, itís just becomes a switch. The MSD box and coil is what makes the juice. My mind was on stock coil with no box. I shouldíve emphasize that. The OEM cap and rotor is the restriction compare to MSD Ford style cap and rotor, just a better conductor 10 Seer vs 22.
Yeah, I'm thinking about one of those "conversion" caps for the big engine. I think you can get them with HEI style connectors. There is a few options.
But the next engine, stock block with the HOs for 2019 season will be a lot of the same stuff. But have better pistons, rings, rods and cam.
Just did the roof, set me back a bit. So I will put the High Ports and Victor back up for sale and run the HOs next year.
Might be fun to see if i can get 10.50s out of 9.3 CR
Having 2 sets of high end Pontiac aluminum heads in my possession is a luxury and not needed. I can always get new HP castings later if I want them.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-18, 08:19PM   #33
73ta

Made the change. Really seemed to wake it up, feels much smoother and stronger. Really changed the sound also. Running 18 degrees initial 18 crank for 36 total. All in by 1500 RPM. MSD Pro Billit dist., oversize cap with MSD 6A box.
73ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-18, 09:13PM   #34
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ta View Post
Made the change. Really seemed to wake it up, feels much smoother and stronger. Really changed the sound also. Running 18 degrees initial 18 crank for 36 total. All in by 1500 RPM. MSD Pro Billit dist., oversize cap with MSD 6A box.
Glad you tired it, I knew youíd like it.
Old 10-24-18, 09:26PM   #35
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking about one of those "conversion" caps for the big engine. I think you can get them with HEI style connectors. There is a few options.
But the next engine, stock block with the HOs for 2019 season will be a lot of the same stuff. But have better pistons, rings, rods and cam.
Just did the roof, set me back a bit. So I will put the High Ports and Victor back up for sale and run the HOs next year.
Might be fun to see if i can get 10.50s out of 9.3 CR
Having 2 sets of high end Pontiac aluminum heads in my possession is a luxury and not needed. I can always get new HP castings later if I want them.
The stock disb cap just isnít putting out the volts as a MSD cap. Itís all about producing enough volts to jump that plug gap.
Old 10-25-18, 01:37AM   #36
Dragncar

All my caps are MSD, Accel or Mallory. Have them all. Aluminum conductor caps are not on anything I own.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote