> Iron D-Port Heads
User Name
Password

Iron D-Port Heads All iron d-port heads, flow number and performance results

Old 04-04-17, 10:25PM   #91
Rich in Tucson
BVR 421

Too much coffee Rex?
I have 4 sets of aluminum heads and my next project will be old iron heads because its my damn car and thats what i want.
I find out that 2+2 equals 3 instead of 5!
Rich in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-17, 04:28AM   #92
rexs73gto
rexs73gto

Rich in Tucson, I don't know what the post your wrote is about. I don't see anything in any of my posts that would be in any form or reference to your comment. Your post about iron heads seems to have nothing to do with the posts in this section at all. I think you may be the one with to much coffee as your comment is about ,,, well I just don't know. Your statement about it being your car has nothing to do with any of the other post here. Are you feeling lonely & just have to make some stupid comment so others will talk to you?? But I could care less about your car & weather your have 4 sets or a dozen set of alum. heads. You can build what you want. I think maybe your one of THOSE from that other site that just has to make stupid comment to be seen as a big shot. But frankly by making stupid comments that have nothing to do with the other posts just makes you look ,, well childish.
rexs73gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-17, 05:43PM   #93
Mb125

#idpttfmf
Old 05-23-17, 09:32PM   #94
keith
Stubborn old goat

Curious about the original title of thread as am considering which head blanks to use for 440CI 4" stroke motor. I saw in a Pete McCarthy video him sectioning a 670 indicating the 72cc head chamber can be opened to "open chamber design resulting in an increase in cc's and lowering of compression". Not sure how much, I thought he said it lowered a stock 400 to 9.5 to 1 SCR. Examining my 670's closer I see they do form a kind of "heart-shape" from the factory with 2 opposing squish pads. The spark plug I dont think is aimed optimally as the newer chevy vortec etc designs does but the spark plug "ledge" squish pad has a streamlined "tunnel" type machined area under it I would be hesitant to disrupt since the head/chamber supposedly worked very well factory, this may be part of it. I will be contacting SD to see if they have a CNC program for 670's that doesnt disrupt that area .. I need about 87-90 cc's. I was thinking a second choice might be to angle mill 6x-8's to an exact cc. Still working my short block.
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 09:09AM   #95
keith
Stubborn old goat

PS Just noticed an article in HR magazine that shows the clearest pics of some of the best 67-up heads and the differences between them. "Fire-in-the hole" is the article title and it is mostly about combustion chamber basics, not sure why pictures are of Pontiac heads mainly but they are ... was a good read for me. Did not see the late 455SD .. was looking for it. Not sure why small differences in RAIV chamber would add performance. Interesting tho.
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 11:51AM   #96
Mb125

I'm sure the cost of pistons negates the cost to modify chambers. I built a 1967 400 with 670 heads and used a dished ICON pistons and the compression came out to 9.2:1
Old 05-24-17, 12:06PM   #97
tjs44
Ram Air V Guru

X2 on the dish,way better IMO.Tom
tjs44 is offline   Reply With Quote