PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Old 05-09-19, 05:43PM   #1
sprint250
Moteesuh

Default Siri ,Alexa, Google Assistant

If you have those active speakers in your home they are recording everything you say.

https://www.ctpost.com/business/arti...e-13822095.php

Year or so ago Jimmy Kimmel even pranked the Alexa system
by ordering "$500 worth of foam pool noodles to my home"

Those that had their Alexa active speakers too close to the TV and did not have tight security settings had orders automatically placed and delivered to their homes.
Old 05-09-19, 06:00PM   #2
Gach
Administrator

Unbelievable! Another thing you know how Apple it always toting how they never sell your information, well that part it true, but remember how law enforcement wanted Apply to give them the code on how to get into that terrorist phone, made a big deal out of it, guess what guess what, they do it all the time, how do you think Apple gets away with out paying any taxes. Because their in bed with the big donors.

AT&T, Verizon all of them got caught, selling your location to law enforcement and Bounty hunters, a bounty hunter can get your locaton, for $400.00 fee.
Old 05-10-19, 01:23AM   #3
sprint250
Moteesuh

convenience comes at a price.
When driving and the GPS system is displaying your current speed and time remaining to destination you are being tracked.
If the GPS device electronic serial # is registered to you guess what? You are tracked.
Ya have to register them to get the on line mapping & software updates.

If the GPS app is on your phone it knows exactly who& where you are unless you make sure the app is absolutely turned off.

Plus with the spyware back door hacks that are built into the phones the government (or any party possessing the same hack software) can turn on the mike, turn on the camera, scroll through your picture galleries & contacts. If your data is already "saved to the cloud" they do not even have to do that.

All that hoopla crap about Apple not revealing access to their phones to the government was just a big PR show for Apple to save face. It was already being done before they had their press conference.
All of Apple's public bitching and the government basically said we are asking for your permission but if you do not give us permission we are gonna do it any way.
All these personal communications devices are licensed by the FCC .If they do not comply with the FCC regulations and cooperate they run the risk of not getting their products licensed/approved for sale in the USA.
Other countries have similar regulations /controls on them too.
Russia ,China ,the EU and other countries get special data access privileges or the products don't get sold there either.
All these phone manufacturer's/telecom companies are big campaign donors to key elected officials here and abroad.They play both sides.
Old 05-10-19, 01:43AM   #4
Gach
Administrator

Wow, I forgot about the Cloud. Very well put, yup just big PR for Apple.
Old 05-10-19, 02:07AM   #5
Mb125

Remember George Orwells 1984
It's happening
Old 05-10-19, 02:51AM   #6
sprint250
Moteesuh

Big Brother Is Watching.
Th PC police.
Hate Crimes
Hate Speech
Thought Crimes
You are Guilty of Double Speak

THE DREAM POLICE!

Don't forget Atlas Shrugged

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Old 05-10-19, 02:03PM   #7
Dragncar

look, I have thought that from the very beginning of those things. All of them.
I will not stay in any friends or relatives house with one of them. I say, turn it off or I leave.
+ I think they are stupid. i am not even cool with the whole talking to your phone thing.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-19, 02:16PM   #8
Gach
Administrator

Whatís the rule..find me the man...Iíll find the crime.
Old 05-10-19, 02:23PM   #9
Gach
Administrator

Google...Facebook...Apple iCloud and rest are tracking everything we do and Apple in bed with them. New in Apple App Store, Google assistant...free app.

Samsung smart TVís also listen in on your conversations and people never New it.
Old 05-10-19, 03:12PM   #10
sprint250
Moteesuh

"What’s the rule..find me the man...I’ll find the crime."
Inspector!
Yes Sir!
ROUND UP ALL THE USUAL SUSPECTS! LOL

Makes you want to put the antenna back on and just get the programming over the air like the old days.You would save about $1,200 a year minimum.

Think about it the cable TV companies and even the satellite tv companies are making billions of dollars a year charging people to watch TV programming that has already been paid for by the local & national advertising revenues .

I timed that shit with a stopwatch a while back. 5 or more minutes of actual show which is actually less because its bordered with the lead in lead out that catches you up on what you supposedly missed and then teases you with what you are gonna see after the next round of commercials of which there are 5 minutes worth on each side of the 5 minutes of actual program material. So for a "1 hour program" you will actually only view about 27 minutes of actual program material and that includes the lead in lead out segments for the ADD affected viewers. Remember the shows rarely end at the top of the hour and they squeeze as many commercials in before the next show is supposed to begin & sometimes they crowd in on that too.
The other 33 minutes are all commercials that you and I are being charged to watch.

I can barely stand to watch any of it anymore because there is no continuity to the actual program material. It is a totally interrupted mind F#%*. LOL
Old 05-10-19, 04:31PM   #11
Gach
Administrator

Yup thatís why millions are cutting the cord. Hour show your lucky if you get 1/2 of actual content. But like you said, the go to commercial, when their back itís 30 seconds of recap.