PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Old 04-20-19, 12:52PM   #1
Gach
Administrator

Default Street Outlaws no prep

8 seconds in Robin Roberts makes two runs in his Firebird...is it Pontiac powered?

https://youtu.be/kzpNImxJkI0
Old 04-20-19, 01:28PM   #2
thomas flaherty

Lou from my reading on a other forum it a proline 481x with turbos. If my reading was right Robin 76 white & blue is or was in the chassis shop and that was going to be Pontiac cv turbo power. If I’m remembering right.
thomas flaherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-19, 02:17PM   #3
Gach
Administrator

Thatís what I figured, He sold the CV-1 motor to Ray Cox who in turn hurt it. One would think it would be in that 68-69 Tube Chassis Firebird.
Old 04-20-19, 03:42PM   #4
Dragncar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Thatís what I figured, He sold the CV-1 motor to Ray Cox who in turn hurt it. One would think it would be in that 68-69 Tube Chassis Firebird.
"hurt" a CV engine ? No F#CK!N& way !! What is the rate of CV engines having problems when pushed very hard 90%-100% it seems.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-19, 07:10PM   #5
Gach
Administrator

The girls who hang out in race section on the other board would be terribly up set with you for saying that...LOL

I mean other then Fulton ( who was down for a year ) not much out there in CV-1 world. Other then Mike ( mj421 ) and Hooter, think Mike just went 9.50 on pump gas this year with his massaged Marcella CV-1. But of course I ran 9.42...10 years ago Pump gas with E-heads.
Old 04-21-19, 06:29AM   #6
KrisR

Thanks for sharing the video. I'm coming over to the US for work in September for 2 weeks and before I come home, I'll be heading up to Norwalk Ohio to watch the SO no-prep on the 20th and 21st Sept. Cannot wait!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 02:01AM   #7
sprint250
Moteesuh

How are the Visner & Kaufman Warp 6 guys doing ?

I'm also waiting to hear more news about the H&M head that's still under development.
Old 04-22-19, 04:28AM   #8
Dragncar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
The girls who hang out in race section on the other board would be terribly up set with you for saying that...LOL

I mean other then Fulton ( who was down for a year ) not much out there in CV-1 world. Other then Mike ( mj421 ) and Hooter, think Mike just went 9.50 on pump gas this year with his massaged Marcella CV-1. But of course I ran 9.42...10 years ago Pump gas with E-heads.
Just yanking their chain. People need to grow thicker skin.
I think Ray is going to make some noise with his stuff. And if Robbin ever does get the CV engine done with twin turbos then we will see what they can do.
That is if they don't go Mt Krakatoa. (I could not help myself, its a sickness)
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 10:13PM   #9
Gach
Administrator

Hereís how Iíve always looked at all new heads out there. Thereís a market for everyone of them. But itís whoís opinion on any particular head needed to reach your goal.

Hereís whats for sure when you start talking 1100-1200 hp, get ready with that blank check.

One thing for sure the last 10-12 years have weeded out good from the bad. Some made allot of promises but never deliver.