PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Old 07-01-18, 07:13PM   #46
SDMAN

So, been collecting parts for the Hellcat. In mid August it goes into the dyno shop for cam & kit, supercharger pulleys to increase the boost, 2" Stainless Works long tube headers and hi flow cats, matching 3" exhaust out the back, bigger injectors, 3.09 diff (Demon ratio), CAI and Livernois 4" aluminum driveshaft. Planning on sending the heads to BES for their CNC work.

Bunch of wheel/tire (drag radials) and suspension stuff as well.

Were expecting around 850+ on the tires this go around. Still at 376 ci limited to 6800 RPM.
Will be a very conservative tune up.
Solid 9's with A/C, cruise and stereo. Still using unleaded 91 octane pump with a can of Boostane.

A 426 shortblock (BES) is in the works for early next year. Wanted to do it sooner, but some medical issues need to be addressed first.
SDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 08:55PM   #47
JSPONT

Cool keep us posted. Curious about the time slip with 850+. I am sure in this thread somewhere you have the weight listed. I know they are big girls!!
JSPONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 08:59PM   #48
Gach
Administrator

Allot of nice up grades, thing going to a beast ! Still remember the ride in my friends, he’s already gone through a set of tires...LOL
Old 07-02-18, 02:23AM   #49
Dragncar

There was on at our track last race. Dodge was the sponsor. It did a 1/8 mile burnout like was nothing. John Force like.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 02:40AM   #50
Mb125

Local dyno shop ?
Old 07-04-18, 01:21AM   #51
SDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb125 View Post
Local dyno shop ?
I have not used them yet, but they come highly recommended. I will wait until I get the car and then I can say who it was and how it went. Met with them and never heard or saw anything that concerned me.

Because were wanting to send the heads to BES for the CNC work, they are going to have the car for a while. I am in the process of setting this up so BES know's its coming.

Snow has a new Hellcat water/meth setup plumbed directly into the supercharger. I am hoping we can get that done while the car is down too.
Old 07-04-18, 01:23AM   #52
SDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Cool keep us posted. Curious about the time slip with 850+. I am sure in this thread somewhere you have the weight listed. I know they are big girls!!
4400 pounds. Big girl indeed.
Old 07-04-18, 12:31PM   #53
Mb125

The guy in Tempe does a bunch of stuff but don't personally know anyone that brought anything there.
I know someone who had SS in Gilbert run something but it didn't turn out well.
Old 07-04-18, 01:35PM   #54
SDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb125 View Post
The guy in Tempe does a bunch of stuff but don't personally know anyone that brought anything there.
I know someone who had SS in Gilbert run something but it didn't turn out well.
Lots and lots of shops with bad attitudes and iffy outcomes. I checked out at least 6 or 7 places. Went there, talked to them. One place wouldn't even meet or talk to me. He ONLY communicated by email. Even with his own shop receptionist. Couldn't get the hell out of that place quick enough. A couple others had racks of cars everywhere, with parts strewn so badly walking around was difficult. More business cards that went into the shredder.
Old 07-04-18, 01:56PM   #55
Mb125

I hear ya
Lots of hacks out there.
Ypu going to have it back running by December?
Guy I know is setting up a track rental at Wildhorse December or January.
Old 07-04-18, 07:59PM   #56
Steve C
Verified User

Related to the topic of modern Muscle cars....

( First, Howdy SDMAN from Texas. Glad your well )

John who works on my Trans Am and owns our Pontiac powered Fairmont drives a 2011 Mustang to work often, with Air conditioning and 22mpg. He bought it used with 9000 miles for $22,000. In sort, doing the work himself he added aftermarket wheels & tires, TVS supercharger, long tube headers, appropriate torque converter and 3.73 gears. No major changes to the suspension. At the track it runs 10.30's. He has about $33,000 total in the car.

( I can remember seeing sheep being herded down Gilbert Road on the South side of town 51 years ago )
Steve C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 06:34PM   #57
Steve C
Verified User

ROCKINGHAM — Nancy Gennarelli drove her 840-horsepower 2018 Dodge Demon through the quarter mile in a jaw-dropping 9.907 seconds Saturday to turn back Georgia’s Tim Godbee and win the Demon Invitational portion of Rockingham Dragway’s Whipple Superchargers Modern Street Hemi Shootout.

https://www.yourdailyjournal.com/spo...-hemi-shootout

Old 07-07-18, 06:42PM   #58
Steve C
Verified User

From Hot Rod article....

Along with the Demon race, the Modern Street Hemi Shootout is running its normal Super Pro and Index classes, so there are plenty of heavily modified Hellcats, Scat Packs, and SRT Jeeps. As the Demon owners inch closer to the 9s, several Hellcats and two Jeeps are already there.

"Silva gets back in the lanes, and runs a 10.33. We meet him in the pits afterwards to ask what went wrong and he laughs. “Nothing! I had it on the 808 tune with a bunch of weight in the back. I want to run the 10.5 class as well as the Demon and the bracket race, so I want to figure out how to slow the car down enough.” He pops the trunk and starts feeding in everything he can find to weigh it down, the Demon-branded jack, the air compressor, and sandbags."

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/dodg...-invitational/

Old 07-07-18, 08:47PM   #59
Gach
Administrator

Amazing how fast they got them cars running.
Old 07-09-18, 07:37AM   #60
ta man

I saw my first Demon on my last track outing..first pass buddy must have still had the linelock on did a one second burnout on the last yellow..ran a mid 13 first pass but almost hit the center rail..best he ran was a 10.95 at 129 in 95 degree weather..You would need low DA's and perfect traction to see 9's. I'm really not sure most owners can really handle them full throttle?
ta man is offline   Reply With Quote