PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Restoration and General Tech
> User Reviews
User Name
Password

User Reviews Reviews of Products by Real Users.

Old 02-01-05, 03:56AM   #1
A. X.

Thumbs up USER REVIEW: Zaino Bros Polishes Cleaners and Protectants

A review a few of the Zaino Bros products.

Being a huge fan of this companyís products, I have purchased everything they make to this date. I started off using Zaino car polish with a bit of skepticism. The claims are pretty fantastic, and I expected them to be a Meguiars or Mothers knockoff. Seeing as my opinion of Meguiars and Mothers is that they are little more than Turtle Wax in a fancy bottle, I didnít expect much from Zaino Bros either. I have used these products on three different types of vehicles with three different types of paint. Two of them have fairly new paint, and one does not. The vehicles tested on include my 1977 Trans Am, my 2002 Chevy Silverado 4x4 and my wifeís 86 Olds. They also have three different types of interior as well. The following is a breakdown of each Zaino Bros product.

Z-18 Clay Bar-
The first thing I did was clean each vehicle with dawn dish washing liquid to remove any wax and dirt. Then I broke out the clay bar and went to work, using Zaino Bros Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray, (detailer,) to lubricate the surface. I was amazed by the results. This thing took water spots, dirt and particles off of black paint that I didnít even know was there. My 77 TA has a single stage acrylic enamel that had some heavy water spots. All gone due to this clay bar. I also had some over spray on the car that I didnít know about until I started cleaning it. The clay bar removed that as well. The ease of use was also pretty amazing, since I figured this job would be more like sanding than cleaning. Using the detailer spray made this job a lot easier than just using water. You get two clay bars with your purchase for the price of $16.95. The price is one of the things that I didnít care for, because the on a really dirty car, one clay bar will only last for one use. My wifeís Olds was a bit dirtier than my TA and Truck, so it used up one bar, while the other two vehicles only used one between them. The Zaino Bros Z-18 clay bar gets a 8 out of 10.

Z-12 Clear View Glass Polish - This stuff is amazing!! I thought my windows were pretty clean to begin with, but after using this product on them, I can see how dirty they were. My glass is so clean now, I sometimes forget itís there. All three vehicles showed remarkable results with this product. I canít say enough about how great it worked. The ease of use was sweet too. Just rub it on like any polish, and wipe it off after itís allowed to haze. Super easy and a superior job. The Zaino Bros Z-12 Clear View Glass Polish gets a 9 out of 10.

Z-10 Leather in a Bottle & Z-9 leather Spray Cleaner - Who doesnít love the smell of new leather? Well, this stuff smells like real leather, and does an amazing job of making your interior look sweet too. You can use it on anything. The Olds has cloth upholstery, so only the plastic was touched in it. My 77 TA has all new vinyl upholstery, and my 02 Silverado has leather. On plastic, vinyl or leather, this stuff did a great job. Iím one who doesnít care for the glossy, greasy look of Armor All, so this stuff was perfect for me. The seats, dash, consoles and all surrounding pieces looked clean and new, without that greasy look or feel. I used the Z-9 to clean everything first, and the Z-10 to protect. Each vehicle smells like new leather too. I didnít see much of a difference from any other high end cleaner on the market though, so unless it protects better, or you want a non-greasy look, I see no reason to change unless you just want to try it. Both Z-10 Leather in a Bottle and Z-9 Leather Spray Cleaner get a 7 out of 10.

Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches - Well, itís a scratch and swirl mark cover up. This product was a bit disappointing, as all of these types of swirl mark removers are. Your swirl marks must have to be very very fine for this stuff to cover them, because I saw very little difference. My 02 Chevy truck has a 2 stage black paint with swirl marks from polishing. I used this product on it, and didnít see much of a difference at all. My 77 also has black paint with a few more fine swirl marks. I could tell a difference, but not all swirl marks were removed. That was after three coats too. I also viewed each under florescent lights. In the sun, the swirl marks were invisible on both vehicles, so it depends on the lighting I guess. Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches gets a 6 out of 10, which is better than any other swirl mark remover Iíve used.

Z-2 & Z-3 Show Car Polish - Z-2 is for clear coated finishes, and Z-3 is for regular finishes. I have both types, so I have used both products. The results? Absolutely Amazing!! I have seen NO product to ever come close to what this polish can do. Terms like ďWet LookĒ and ďDeep ShineĒ are thrown around like Webster at a dwarf tossing contest when it comes to car polish, but this is the ONE car polish that actually does live up to that hype. My single stage paints now look like they were clear coated. My clear coated paint looks like itís a mile deep. All three cars look wet, and hold that look long after. The results were amazing. The ease of use is equally amazing. No rubbing and wearing out your elbows trying to get this stuff off. No white haze left over in the nooks and crannies, and no hiding from the sun or rushing to get the stuff off before it gets too dry. Zaino Bros goes on easy, wipes off even easier. It doesnít leave a haze. It can be used in the mid day sun without any trouble whatsoever. This is absolutely the finest car polish Iíve ever used. Zaino Bros Show Car Polish gets an enthusiastic 10 out of 10!

All in all, the Zaino Bros entire product line has shown time and time again to be far superior to anything out there. The stuff lasts forever, because a little bit goes a long way. The price isnít too bad either. I have been highly impressed with almost every product Iíve used from them. Now I have a huge box full of damn near every brand of available waxes, polishes and cleaners that is just taking up space. For more info on Zaino Bros products, visit http://www.zainostore.com
Old 02-01-05, 11:41PM   #2
Gach
Administrator

Good Info AX, nice to know when there's a good product out there.
Old 05-14-05, 06:25PM   #3
Gach
Administrator

I've got to try this Z-12 Clear View Glass Polish , for some reason
the 05 windshield just don't seem to come clean, no matter
what I use. Maybe it's the Windex, seems like once you use it
they come clean, but get dirtier, almost like the Windex leaves
a film that attracts dirt. Do they have a web site.
Old 05-14-05, 06:43PM   #4
A. X.

Sounds like a residue problem. Maybe a nicotine build up if you smoke in your vehicles. I had the same thing on my truck this stuff will work. Here's the website. http://www.zainostore.com
Old 05-26-05, 04:41PM   #5
Underdog

Gach, use a clay bar, the same kind used for paint, with some soapy water to lubricate and keep the clay from sticking to the glass. Then try Stoners Invisible Glass, you can get this at Wal-Mart, remove with a couple clean paper towels. Then give it a final wipedown with a decent microfiber the Black Magic ones, also available at Wal-Mart, seem OK. Avoid the el cheapos you get what you pay for with microfiber most of the time. You can do this on the inside and outside and should get real good results.

I think Zaino Brothers have good products, depends on what look you like Megs makes good products too and a very complete lineup. Zaino is a synthetic sealant it doesn't actually polish thats why your scratches don't go anywhere. The few that do go away have just been filled with product, not removed. You cant "remove" any swirls or scratches without using an abrasive. Synthetic sealants reflect light in a different way than natural waxes do, it is sort of an apples to oranges thing. Zaino's products also don't mix well with other brands and types of products. If you were using a different sealant you could do this if you don't want to compound and polish or don't need to:
Wash, glaze, sealant, wait 2 to 3 days for sealant to cure keeping car as clean as possible, wipe down with quick detailer, then apply a good paste wax. Then you car would look tits.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-05, 07:34PM   #6
dhcarguy

I am sold on Zaino products also. I will never use anything else.
I also agree that Z-5 is good, but only covers up very fine scratches and swirl marks.
I have also learned that Z-5 is very, very sensitive to humid conditions and just will not dry.
Dave
dhcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 01:12AM   #7
A. X.

They have this stuff called polish lock. A newer product as well to aid in faster hazing time. Just check the website for info.
Old 08-29-05, 07:35PM   #8
mrgto

Yup, been using it for years now. Great stuff.
mrgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-06, 03:51PM   #9
69geeto

I"ve been using Zaino for three years now on my 69 Pontiac. Lots of comments at the shows on how good it looks. Hard to believe the paint is 14 years old!
GREAT stuff this Zaino!!!
Stu
69geeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 06:58PM   #10
Goatman

I just looked on their website, and they have a new product. Z-AIO all in one cleaner polish. I just ordered a bottle, so I'll see how this stuff does.
Old 04-30-07, 06:48PM   #11
Goatman

This stuff works great. It took me a month to finally use it, because for me waxing is an all day job. This time, though, I was done in 4 hours start to finish. Washing, drying, and waxing on a full sized extended cab truck. This stuff is soooooo easy to use, and the results are incredible. I'm sold on it now. [thumbs]

Now I have to do my wife's Tahoe.
Old 05-22-07, 12:03PM   #12
flynbrian

You should try Magic Mix products by Valco Cincinnati....We have everything but a clay bar...www.valco-cp.com And our Speedwax is the best thing in the world on a dark car in direct sunlight.
Bodywax is a traditional wax that shines better than anything I ever used. period I have been in the auto chemical business since 01' for a full time job and know of nothing better.
flynbrian is offline   Reply With Quote