General
> Races - Shows - Swaps - Events
User Name
Password

Races - Shows - Swaps - Events Notices - Pics - Discussion

sponser links

Old 01-01-07, 01:08AM   #1
Steve Barcak

Default Pontiac Heaven IX coming to Phoenix March 31, April 1.

Hi all,
It is that time of year again!
Pontiac Heaven IX is coming back to Speedworld Raceway Park just northwest of Phoenix, Az on Saturday March 31. Its sister event, Musclecar Heaven #5 will be held the following day on Sunday, April 1.
Each day has its own car show, parade down the drag strip, swap meet/parts exchange, drag racing, special displays and exhibitions. My Blown, injected , nitro burning 389 AA/Fuel Dragster "Pontiac Heaven Special" ( 6.77 @ 200mph so far ) will be there as well making exhibition passes. I will also have on display some of my ultra rare and wild Pontiac M/T HEMI stuff to look over.
There are also test and tune sessions both Friday and Saturday evening.
On Saturday after the awards, I host a party with lots of great food, fun and music.
Overnight camping and RVs are most welcome without extra cost to those who participate.
High Performance Pontiac magazine, Pontiac Enthusiast magazine and Smoke Signals magazine will all be in attendence to cover the event and to look for feature cars!
Pontiac Heaven IX is unique in that only Real vintage Pontiac power is allowed to participate. We also welcome pre '55 flathead Pontiacs, Tempest 4s, 60s era OHC 6s and aftermarket REAL Pontiac blocks.
Sundays Musclecar Heaven #5 welcomes all domestics for this year.
Make it a weekend! With 3 days of things to do, there are many reasons to attend!
My website already has area hotel listings and area maps. On line preregistration will be available within a few weeks.
This event is always lots of fun!
All Real Pontiac fans are invited to attend. This is our annual "Reunion" for Pontiac fans and people attend from all over North America. If I can be of any help, contact me by responding here or emailing or calling me directly steve@pontiacheaven.org or 480-899-7873.

Thank you,
Steve Barcak www.pontiacheaven.org

"Real Pontiacs only... no corporate nonsense!"
Steve Barcak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-07, 11:05PM   #2
sprint250
Moteesuh

Steve,
Glad to hear your fueler is improving.
Probably a lot left in the car to be sure.
Are you planning to campaign the fueler this year on the VRA circuit or the series that takes it's place?
I read that the the meet up @ Bakersfield this fall may have been the swansong for the VRA /Good Guys deal unless some one picks up the series as the Meadors family no longer wants to organize and run the VRA deal any longer.
Old 01-02-07, 03:32AM   #3
Steve Barcak

Yes, I do plan on running my AA/Fueler at several events for this year including the March Meet at Bakersfield. The Good Guys have gotten out of drag racing in California for now. The managers of Famoso Raceway are planning on running the March Meet themselves and possibly another Race too. The NHRA California Hot Rod Reunion will also be held in the fall again. I have also been contacted to run some match races too and there is a race or two in Tucson this year too. There will be plenty of places to race.
thanks,

"Real Pontiacs only....no corporate nonsense!"
Old 01-10-07, 11:05PM   #4
Mb125

We can always set up some barricades on 10 inbetween morning rush hour and afternoon rush hour to make some test passes. j/k
Mb125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-07, 10:31PM   #5
Steve Barcak

Planning is going well for Pontiac Heaven IX here in Phoenix March 31, April 1. Here is a partial run down of the weekend.
It all starts Friday March 30 at 3pm. Participants can get in early to get set up in their pit area if they choose to. Friday night is an open track test and tune session and Friday night fees apply.
Saturday March 31 is Pontiac Heaven IX! This is our annual Reunion for fans of vintage Pontiac power! Only vintage Pontiac power is allowed on the facility for show, swap and racing. No corporate nonsense at Pontiac Heaven IX. Overnight parking is free too!
There will be 4 bracket classes as well as the quick 16 sponsored by Eric Nau of Alpha Omega surveying. For the car show, there will be at least 12 classes. After the awards I am hosting a Pontiac Heaven Hospitality party with plenty of good food on me.
Our Special guest for the weekend is Mr Jim Wangers
Pontiac Heaven events never fail to bring out interesting and rare stuff you just do not see anywhere else.
A few examples will be one of my Mickey Thompson superchargered and injected Pontiac HEMIs! We'll be showing her off all weekend.
Another is my Blown, Nitro burning front engine Top Fuel 389 Pontiac dragster which has run a 6.77 so far. Ron Maroney will be driving!
High percentages of nitromethane in a blown Pontiac is something you will not see elsewhere at a Pontiac event. It is a thrill just standing next it while it is fired up!
Saturday night is another test and tune session, the party will also go into the night.
Sunday is Musclecar Heaven #5. This sister event is open this year to all domestics and has its own car show, parade, drags, parts swap and special exhibitions too. This is our chance for us Pontiac fans to root for the Pontiacs as they compete against other makes!

Preregister now!
By preregistering, you are automatically entered into a separate raffle for cash prizes and more!

Much more information is now online. If you have any questions, please ask here or call or email me directly.

It is our pleasure to have all of my Real Pontiac friends attend.
Of course, Pontiac Heaven also allows, early 60s Tempest 4s, mid 60s OHC 6s, pre '55 flatheads and IA, IA II and MR-1.

Here is our sponsors who have put up money to help me run this weekend. Please thank and support them for furthering the Pontiac Hobby in the west! .

Eric Nau- Alpha Omega Surveying. Main sponsor and host of Quick 16 for 2 years now. Special thanks to Eric for his most generous support.
Kauffman Racing
Network Alignment
1St Performance
K2 Audio Video
Musclecar Garage
AllPontiac.com
Arizona Wholesale Engine parts
Ken and Laurell Ondrejko
Jim and Ellen Thompson
Butler Performance
Tin Indian Performance

Thank you and we'll see you here!
"Real Pontiacs only...no corporate nonsense!"
Old 02-21-07, 12:42PM   #6
Steve Barcak

I am happy to announce yet another Real Pontiac sponsor, Fabcraft Metalworks, to support Pontiac Heaven IX March 31/April 1 here in Phoenix, Az!
Fabcraft makes and services Positractions for the 9 1/4" Pontiacs used 57-64. They also make clutch parts for early 60s full size including pedals, bellcranks, etc.
Thank you Fabcraft 800-208-8242 www.fabcraftmetalworks.com

Be sure to preregister for more prizes! You can Prereg online or mail in.

More info on www.pontiacheaven.org

Thanks to all sponsors!

Network Alignment
1St Performance
K2 Audio Video
Musclecar Garage
Kauffman Racing
AllPontiac.com
Arizona Wholesale Engine parts
Ken and Laurell Ondrejko
Jim and Ellen Thompson
Butler Performance
Tin Indian Performance
Fabcraft Metalworks

"Real Pontiacs only...no corporate nonsense!"
Old 03-03-07, 03:53PM   #7
Steve Barcak

Pontiac Heaven/Musclecar Heaven is now 4 weeks out. Be sure to preregister and have your rooms reserved.
see you all there!
"Real Pontiacs only....no corporate nonsense!"
Old 03-09-07, 05:03PM   #8
evil455

Larry should be there, he's on his way back from the Butler's now. Gonna get the engine in and hopefully get some track time before the trip to AZ.

evil455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 07:55PM   #9
Mb125

Hopefully i can get my POS done by then and get there
Mb125 is offline   Reply With Quote