PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Edelbrock Heads
User Name
Password

Edelbrock Heads Edelbrock head owners can give there opinions along with their track results this includes Wide Ports

sponser links

Old 03-21-19, 08:55PM   #16
Gach
Administrator

Thatís real nice combo, like it allot. 814-825 hp with those 370 heads. The only hold back I see is carb, just been my experience with that head flow and CI that a 1050 isnít enough. 1150 CFM much better. Whatís his car weigh?
Old 03-21-19, 09:01PM   #17
J2H4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
That’s real nice combo, like it allot. 814-825 hp with those 370 heads. The only hold back I see is carb, just been my experience with that head flow and CI that a 1050 isn’t enough. 1150 CFM much better. What’s his car weigh?
We have a few carbs.1050 1150 & 1380cfm But going to start with the 1050.

Car will weigh about 2700lbs with the aftermarket block.

I'd like to get that Intake CNC'd or ported but I'm not sure if anyone has a program for a std pushrods location Victor.

At least still in my book!
J2H4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 09:27PM   #18
Gach
Administrator

I think with that weight you can come real close to your goal.

Your thoughts on intake is right on, having had both intakes, Gaby ported intake and a Victor that was just port match, there was 25 CFM drop in head flow, flowing the heads with the port match Victor bolted to the heads. Zero with Gabby Victor. So youíll have a little lost with port matched intake and 1050 carb

30-40 CFM increase in head flow is worth 10% more hp. But youíll be at 25 CFM lost. But hey run what you got, you never know, you can always play later, more carb, ported intake.

Dave Wilcox also Ports intakes, specially if he already knows what you have.

Not knowing what Gabby intake was, he wanted me to send it...I sent him my Gabby intake when he did my heads, he was honest..man Gabby does nice work didnít have to touch it.