PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Old 07-18-18, 06:29PM   #121
Dragncar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Hit the nail right on the head.

After 8 years they need to stop embellishing the heads performance and prove it.
Thing is, when that guy talks, what are you going to say ????
Its not like he is not straight up very smart and honest. Opinionated too it seems !
I have come to the decision about my intake. It is very large for what I want to do. But he knows far more than me about what high end induction is all about. And I will just let him do what he does.
Can't wait !!

OK,OK, getting off topic. Bruce is a troll that thinks his knowledge of a 12 sec street car and snowmobiles applies to a 7 sec blown dragster.
Dragncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-18, 11:50PM   #122
Gach
Administrator

He give me his opinion on CV-1 a long time ago, exactly what needs to be done to straighten the head out, I took the head to Johnson local to me ( heís not known in Pontiac circle ) Iím sure. So John said same exact thing Johnson said.

Twin at the time was just getting into the CV-1, amateur at best. I also had a set of Wide Ports, so I was trying to deside which would be the best head of the two. Especially for future performance hands down Johnson answer was the Wide Ports.

Those very Wide Ports made 761 hp on my 505 ci. With a little 730 lift roller and 10.75 compression. They only flowed 365 CFM

Marcella is definitely one of the best, when he talks I listen. In fact our conversation started over CV-1 when I called him to do a Victor intake for me, but he was honest and said turn around time would be 2-3 months. At the time I couldnít wait that long.

When Twin got hooked up with Fluton, and all the hype ( retooled as cast 2-3 new intakes... smaller port ) I think we were all were expecting Fluton to be at least 2-3 tenths faster then his old E-head combo right out of the box.

Turns out less then .1 tenth. Then the excuses ( as usual ) started. Just made Marcella even more believable... not that I doubted him from the get go.
Old 07-19-18, 08:58AM   #123
Lil Jack
Drag Racer

I re read a few pages of the 2016 Norwalk Fulton thread that Bruce posted.

Some interesting things were said in there.
Lil Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-18, 12:33PM   #124
Gach
Administrator

Iíll bet! Got to check it out. You know 7T2 says certain people are trying to ruin his family business but their the ones doing the most damage, with statements they make Notably not more then Twin and Wilke. One the boards on a daily basis.

One statement comes to mind, everyone one whoís changed over to CV-1 has gone faster, faster then what? Faster then a set of heads that had a mild port job or bad port work. Then thereís the resasoning for making the original port smaller. They just kelpt digging the truth hole bigger and bigger.

What theyíve done is made the people who do own CV-1ís out cast.
Old 07-19-18, 01:33PM   #125
Gach
Administrator

Just read it, his best with CV-1 to date 7.62 there two videos on UTube Dateing back long before CV-1 combo. Of him going 7.71 twice. With E-head combo.

So his best with CV-1 here we are what 2-3 year later is less then a tenth faster.
Then thereís the 80# heavier weight claim, 3140# findly he says not bad for a 3100 # back haft street car.

Ok I have a PM from him, when he first join PY, and was running the E-head combo....so itís a PM that he responded to me on PY Were he states car weighs 3020 #
Old 07-19-18, 02:36PM   #126
SikGoat
ECMTTFMF'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Ok I have a PM from him, when he first join PY, and was running the E-head combo....so itís a PM that he responded to me on PY Were he states car weighs 3020 #
Damn feather weight
4.66 @ 158mph @ 3715lbs
SikGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-18, 02:51PM   #127
Gach
Administrator

Notice he says with steel doors, wonder what it weighs with class doors. So the big question is were dose he come up with It’s weighs 80# more with CV-1 Heads. Seems like he got caught with just a little embellishment.

I mean I don’t make this shit up it’s his own words, think there’s just a little credibility Gap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E4893694-2B01-45A6-8C2B-3C2372B77E6E.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	29349  
Old 07-19-18, 03:17PM   #128
Gach
Administrator

Think if you add it up, Iíll bet itís more like 2900+ with class doors. Why would he make statement weighs 3020 with steel doors. Kind of question his integrity.

Twin...7T2....Wilkie all hype his CV-1 combo up, which bought scrutiny to every word.

So how much honestly is there in their facts, I mean if a guys spends 25-30 grand on a new top end it would very embarrassing to kind of admit he really didnít go any faster. The guy is taking in the shorts with vaseline.

Then they brag about how many races he won, which has absolutely nothing to do with CV-1 combo.

I mean come on, that thing should be running consistently at least 2-3 tenths faster. Out of the box ! Also itís not like heís new to Racing nitrous combo. Heís been running it for years, and supposedly heís no dummy.
Old 07-19-18, 05:15PM   #129
Gach
Administrator

I see Pinocchio Telling more tails, as usual he got his facts all wrong. No 1 the heads I got were bare and USED ! and they werenít free, total bull shit !

Remember 7T2 paid a monthly fee to advertise on PY, So the bare used heads in exchange for advertising dollars isnít exactly free. Plus they had their own CV-1 section that Twin and T72 were moderators of. That all change when I cought them both editing members post.

When all that was going on Wilke and Iíd had a phone conversation which he agreed it was completely wrong of them to do that.

They then moved to Warped board, then created their own board when it was completely dead they moved to PY and 7T2 paid for advertising.

They lie so much they canít remember which lie they told last. My friends and fellow members on PY and PZ knew exactly what was going on. They remember how they throw P-Dude under the bus when he proved they CV-1 couldnít out run a set of SD 340 CFM Heads. Then saying he run a solid roller with the e-heads when it was same exact hyd Roller he ran with e-heads. Caught in another lie.

People donít forget any of this stuff, or about Twin accusing Gaby of copying D-Morganís Ports. When they themselves used D Morgan port and wrote CNC cad files and copy them. Calvin openly admitted it on PY.

Itís been 8 years of total lies and deceit people donít forget.
Old 07-19-18, 08:15PM   #130
Fireball

The more you talk about it the more free advertising they are getting. I was leary of aftermarket Pontiac parts before that stuff even showed up. What about the blocks.
Fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-18, 08:45PM   #131
Fireball

Watch the Surfers Top Fuel Dragster series on youtube, they mention Pontiacs in it. They were getting 450 runs out of a engine using junk parts.
Old 07-19-18, 08:56PM   #132
Fireball

They used a 392 Hemi. They said the factory machining was better.
Old 07-19-18, 09:00PM   #133
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
The more you talk about it the more free advertising they are getting. I was leary of aftermarket Pontiac parts before that stuff even showed up. What about the blocks.
Yeah I think Iím done, they keep dragging my name into their bull shit on PY. Like itís going to make them more believable. The majority knows the story.

blocks that a whole nother story, been some issues thatís for sure.