PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Proven Engine Combinations
User Name
Password

Proven Engine Combinations Engine combinations, and the resultant HP and/or E.T.s

sponser links

Old 05-22-13, 10:48AM   #61
Mr.Pontiac

Yes, i have new aluminum heads for next yr. only reason im holding off a little, is ok another cam then bigger convertor, then more gear. this way right now im driving the car and enjoying it right now. Trying to get the most out of my combo right now.
Mr.Pontiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 11:57AM   #62
Gach
Administrator

What heads did you buy e heads or D port aluminum. Are the SD heads. Who's heads are they.
Old 05-22-13, 02:50PM   #63
Mr.Pontiac

Elderbrock Performer RPM o ports, New bare castings 6056,s, I got bronze liners in them plus guy gave me guide plates also.
Old 05-22-13, 03:02PM   #64
Gach
Administrator

Ok. You do know you won't be able to use your valves from your 13 heads. There not long enough.
Old 05-22-13, 03:31PM   #65
Mr.Pontiac

yep, sure do, new springs and valves for sure, thats why i am trying to have as much fun i can with my currant 13 heads.
Old 05-22-13, 04:01PM   #66
Gach
Administrator

You've been bit by the race bug, say good buy to all your extra cash and any side job money you've been hiding from the old lady. Next year 12's won't be fast enough you'll want to run in the 11's. more gear, more converter, more cam, more carb. Oh and more compression. Just save your money now and skip the 11's and shoot for the 10's.
Old 05-23-13, 09:25AM   #67
Mr.Pontiac

Of coarse, i could go the other way, sell the aluminum heads for 1200.00$ and put that into the 13,s??
Old 05-23-13, 11:16PM   #68
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Please don,t take this wrong but, i think i have a great baseline on everything, drag radials 18 pounds air, jets, running NO metering rods running super at 64,s, leaving line at idle shifting way to late at 6000 to 6200, only change im going to make. Timing set at 36 degree,s total all in by 3,000. Only change im thinking right now is my cheapy ignition wires are 6 to 7 yrs old, may buy a new set. Running a k secondary hanger right now, tryed a J and L no real differance.I can truley say i have a very consistant 13.20 car though.Only last thing i,d like to say is these cars came with 360 and 375 h.p. so where,s mine with all these mods?? Im figuring maybe 340 to 350 h.p. Still say a piece of the puzzle is missing.
Rich, I saw this (leaving the at idel ) that's a problem right there. You want to leave the line as close to peak torque as possible. That would explain the 1.80 sixty ft's. there's probably a good 2-3 tenths right there. Ok so you say you don't know where it's making peak torque. The cam specs say 2000-4200 or what ever. The low number is usually the torque number.

Here's what you do, try coming out at different rpms. Try 2000, then try 2500 rpms. Untill it spins the tires or you lose traction. You'll know when that happens. Put your foot on the break and bring the rpms up to 2000-2500. Then watch your ET drop. At the same time drop the shift point to 5500. Torque is what moves the car.

If your leaving off idel the motor is taking that time to get to peak torque if you ft brake it and bring the rpms up your pretty close to leaving at peak torque.
Old 05-23-13, 11:19PM   #69
Gach
Administrator

Rich. PM me you number. It's a hell of allot easier then trying to ask question in type.
Old 05-25-13, 01:36PM   #70
Mr.Pontiac

ok will do.
Old 05-25-13, 08:00PM   #71
probird
Insane Injun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pontiac View Post
Of coarse, i could go the other way, sell the aluminum heads for 1200.00$ and put that into the 13,s??
No chance in hell I would pour anymore money into the 13's with a set of E-heads sitting on the shelf. You will be money way ahead selling the 13's and puting that into the aluminum heads. They have WAY more potential and room to grow.
probird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 08:27PM   #72
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by probird View Post
No chance in hell I would pour anymore money into the 13's with a set of E-heads sitting on the shelf. You will be money way ahead selling the 13's and puting that into the aluminum heads. They have WAY more potential and room to grow.
X2
Old 05-30-13, 10:40AM   #73
Mr.Pontiac

shoot at 60 im thru growing, now i just want to have some fun.
Old 05-30-13, 12:30PM   #74
Gach
Administrator

Your hooked. LOL
Old 06-03-13, 08:43AM   #75
v869tr6

A small shot of nitrous would get the car into the 12's and you could enjoy the car as is.
v869tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote