Engine Tech
> Aftermarket News & Products
User Name
Password

sponser links

Old 04-08-10, 11:01PM   #1
Bnick166

Exclamation Pontiac Accessory Bracketry Info

I'm looking for as much info on Pontiac alternator brackets and Power steering brackets as I can find. If anyone has knowledge of the quirks and can add any rhyme or reason to the complex array of accessory brackets for the Pontiac V-8...I'd like to get any and all info that is available for the more common set-ups.
After contacting CVF Racing about the lack of affordable Pulleys...they've agreed to help by way of a group buy for affordable pulleys.
They have now stepped up to the plate at my request for making us some bracketry as well.
I currently run the early ('66 GTO) bracketry along with the late model 11 bolt water pump and still use the early pwr strng pump by way of spacing the head brkt out about 1/2" or so. I'm not going to use my set-up as an example for brackets that we need. Is there a broad bracket base used on more V-8 set-ups?
Again...any help and any info can greatly help in the quest for more "cosmetically appealing" bracketry for our trusty steeds.
i can scour the junk yard as well.....but I thought I'd tap into the vast knowledge of the guys who have a penchant for the Pontiac V-8.
Thanks to all in advance,
Brad
Bnick166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 02:40PM   #2
pontirag

really you want to stick witha specific year, in your cas I would go with the 66 brackets all around. But if you have a 69 and latter water pump again ...I would recomend choosing a year engine and aquiring all the brackets for that year. I have the set up off a 76. Its current, parts are available and its very strong and compact in my engine bay
pontirag is offline   Reply With Quote