PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Warp 6 Heads
User Name
Password

Warp 6 Heads KRE...Warp 6 heads...Owners can give there opinions along with their Dyno and track results

sponser links

Old 08-07-11, 01:06AM   #1
GTOGEORGE
GTOGEORGE

Default Warp 6 heads set Pontiac RECORD!

Norwalk.......................90 degrees plus...................... Mark Kauffman sets the N/A door car record to 7.25, then backed it up with a 7.24!

GTO George

8.15 @ 168 w/9.5 lbs of boost

ECM..........AKA-East Coast Muppets!
GTOGEORGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 12:40PM   #2
Gach
Administrator

Congrats to Mark Kuaffman !
Old 08-08-11, 07:52PM   #3
ken c

Well another year has passed at Norwalk and lots of interesting things have happened. Lots of carnage and good things also. First congrats to all the winners. Congrats to Mark Kauffman for lowering the NA record twice in one day. It was a struggle getting it ready in time for Norwalk we just got the motor in the new GXP this last weekend with very little dyno time but we knew w had enough to set the record in the heat. We went down to a local 1/8 mile track last Tuesday and it was ugly he was all over the track and it was prepped well. Special thanks go to Patrick Budd from Dillinger’s pro cars that helped Mark set up the Chassis all day Friday. Friday evening we made a 1/8 mile hit and it went dead straight we knew we had it. Sat. he qualified first after all the carnage in the frantic four first round he had to run John Welter and John had electrical troubles and couldn't make the run So Mark took it easy with a 7 something run for the final Frank G. had beat Scott Rex so Mark had to run Frank We were short on help as I had to go down to pick up Jeff from his quick 16 qualifying pass, We had a young fellow bring Mark up to the line and he kept his toe in the beam too long and Frank thought Mark was pre staged and he came into the lights and lit both bulbs and the countdown started by the time Mark got properly staged he was really slow off the lights he almost ran Frank down by the finish stripe but Frank won. Congrats to Frank on the win. Frank has a much longer drive home than we do so all is well and we are happy with second place and fastest qualifier money also the 7.24 @190 mph he ran on this run for his second record in one day. Mark thought about entering the last round of the Q16 on Sunday morning but changed his mind as he would just knock someone out that worked hard to be there. he tried a pass Sunday evening but when he came up on the two step his clutch pushed him through the lights and it was a no time run because he was to red for a time. I'm sure it was the best pass of the weekend but we will never know for sure. Let me tell you ladies and gentleman this is one bad combo that we have not even started to fine tune yet. Watch for a six second pass before this year is over.
Ken
ken c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 07:58PM   #4
Mark G
Northern Racer

Congrats to Mark Kuaffman !
3250lbs
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 08:12PM   #5
gogtogo

was a awsome site! Really hauling the mail in less than great weather.
gogtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 11:13PM   #6
ken c

This is Mark's new ride
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GXP1 sized.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	24630  
ken c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 05:49PM   #7
bryan67gto

besides Mark. Is anyone else using the Warp 6 set up???
bryan67gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 11:19AM   #8
Zedo
prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Norwalk.......................90 degrees plus...................... Mark Kauffman sets the N/A door car record to 7.25, then backed it up with a 7.24!

GTO George

nice performance

now, is that a "Ford" design, or a "Chevy" design ? as if it matters...

bye-bye Tiger heads. Inline valve top ends with $10K in R&D and custom offset everything, all for absolutely nothing...

I said it years ago, it was only a matter of time before canted valve heads were gonna wipe up the floor with inline valves on a Pontiac engine. And if guys out there don't believe it, you're a fool, and dumb.

the money and cost of the heads doesn't mean anything at this point. It's only going to take a couple times for the guys running inline valve heads to get beat repeatedly, before the ego crush is too much for them- and they chuck the inline valve heads, for canted valves. If they're serious racers, they'll remortgage the house to get the money to buy them.

it's all about ego boost, and ego crush- the money is secondary. Ever talk to a drug addict ? He's not too concerned about what it costs, or what it's doing to him.

the only question now is, can KRE produce the heads in sufficient quantity and quality, to supply the market- along with all the required aftermarket hardware to match them, i.e. headers, cams, intakes, valvetrain.

it's one thing to make a one-off head

it's another to mass produce it economically enough, to turn a profit.

there's also rumors of a new Ford head coming out in the future, with a new revised port arrangement. It's going to get interesting.

Last edited by Zedo : 10-10-11 at 11:37AM.
Zedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 12:06PM   #9
bryan67gto

dont me to sound Rude think its awsome what Mark has done with that new car. But to me the N/A class is a 6.5 weight break correct?? does the car qualify for the actual N/A class that is ran at the pontiac Nats. Or is it a Prostock car with I dont even know what size motor hes running. Is he trying to do a competitive Pontiac powered Prostock engine?? and if he does fit the Class Awsome Record times. really pushed the records to a new level. Bet before long he'll get it into the 6's with that combo.
Old 10-10-11, 12:25PM   #10
shepherd1

If I remember right he's running a 535 motor, and it's a very nice set up.
shepherd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 02:42PM   #11
Dragncar

Zedo, the inline heads will be around for awhile.
You can make plenty of power with them for the vast majority of racers.
Not many people can afford a high end, heads up race car and have everything else it takes to travel around the country and race.

Its a niche head and always will be.
Great head, new top dog. Fine, but that does not mean LOTS of Pontiac racers who do not need 1200HP NA will not still do their thing with a tried and true "Pontiac looking head" because the plain facts are they are the vast majority of Pontiac racers.
Why go with a Chevy/Ford looking head if you are only trying to make 900HP?

That does not make sense. You can make that 900HP very cost effectively with one of the fine inline Pontiac heads.
Far cheaper than the Warp.
Look, they are cool. But not for everyone and by "everyone" I meant 90+% of Pontiac racers.

I race, 14 races a year. In 2 classes so its like 28 races a year. Do it a lot, spend money,have fun.
But what am I going to do with 1200 HP?
It takes a LOT of car to handle it.

The inline heads will be around.
What do you want to bet AP will try and do something with the Tiger. Step it up, maybe sell them already CNCed for a good price.
And the Dirty Bird will still do some things with the Tiger.

Its not "all over" for inline heads. By any stretch. And I have bought my share of KRE products.

If I am "only" trying to make 800-900-1000 HP why would I "lower" myself and go with a canted valve head. Is like saying the old Pontiac head is not good enough or capable enough to get it done. It can and does it much cheaper than canted.
People race Pontiacs for a reason. And a lot of that reason is not wanting to be like everyone else. And being like everyone else is thinking you have to run a canted valve head to make power.
They make more than enough for most folks.

I have known about the Warp, what it can do far longer than a lot of people.
I hope it wipes the map with some Chevys.
But in no way do I want it to be the death of inline Pontiac head like you do.
There is plenty of room for both.
And the folks at KRE are still going to make far more money with their inline heads than canted.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 04:18PM   #12
Gach
Administrator

Dragncar: I agree with you 100%, facts, Frank G has gone 7.35, Mark has gone 7.24, that's a tenth faster, Scott also has gone 7.35. Zedo hasn't taken into to consideration the Warp 6 car of Marks just might be 200 lbs lighter then either Franks or Scott car. one tenth faster doesn't set the world on fire. Plus franks car is a single Dominator, not a custom 2-4 sheet metal intake like Mark's. I'm not putting the Warp 6 head down, I know guys are interested and are looking into running them, but it's like any after market head out there it's not a bolt on deal and run out and make 1200 hp, it steel needs to be in the hands of the right head porter. it all sounds exciting when you say canted valve head but other canted valve head, after three years of R&D and what was suppose to be an inline head killer out of the box, still hasn't come close to even competing with a inline head.
Old 10-11-11, 10:44PM   #13
bryan67gto

200lbs?? could be alot more. if its an x-prostocker it could weigh as little as 2350. I think the warp 6's are great for Pontiac. But like i have stated in many threads how many can actually afford them at over 15K just to run a pair. I wouldnt worry about Traditional Pontiac Heads They will still be around for years. Mark should try and work them on a 500CI motor and see how close he can match up to a prostocker.
Old 10-12-11, 04:30PM   #14
Dragncar

BTW, what would a ex Pro Stock 85 TA weigh.
Got my eyes on one, nice car. Its a real deal old PS Bird. It went 7s at one point with a Big Chief 500ci BBC in it. The guy now has a 565 in it. Bracket races it. Has gone 8.15 with it. He has made a few changes like upgrading the cage and that.
Bet I can get it in a couple of years for 12-15 K.

Only I would put a "real" engine in it.
Old 10-13-11, 01:42PM   #15
Dragncar

Anyone know what one of them would weigh back then?