PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Warp 6 Heads
User Name
Password

Warp 6 Heads KRE...Warp 6 heads...Owners can give there opinions along with their Dyno and track results

sponser links

Old 03-24-11, 10:00PM   #46
Gach
Administrator

Can't wait for the results
Old 03-25-11, 02:19AM   #47
Pontiac Jack
M/T Hemi Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken c View Post
... We are getting cloce to dynoing our first warp 6 motor...
This thread begins "We made several pulls..." (Oct '10).
Pontiac Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 09:37AM   #48
Stan Weiss

From HPP 2.375/1.85

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 02:21PM   #49
Stan Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EC View Post
Them some big valves for a Pontiac bore size!
Most say I am looking forward to hearing about the results of this engine. I have been curious about these heads for sometime.
Remember it is a canted valve.

Stan
Old 03-25-11, 08:36PM   #50
Stan Weiss

2,375" - 1.85"

.900" 512 - 385 cfm

115.57 - 143.23 cfm sq. inch

While I have seen intake cfm per sq. inch of valve area that is better (best 124 - Darin Morgan Ford pro Stock) the 115.57 of this head is very good. The 143.23 exhaust cfm per sq. inch of valve area is almost as good any I have seen (RFD SB2.2 144 - See Below)

Stane

Last edited by Stan Weiss : 03-25-11 at 08:38PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-26-11, 08:47AM   #51
ken c

Quote:
What size valves?
In this first motor we have 2.250 intake and 1.750 exhaust we are trying to get a benchmark against a known engine with this size valves. We can go as big as 2.400 by 1.850 if we want to. we flowed this combo friday on our JKM 1000 flow bench and it flowed 450 plus at .900 lift and 420 at .600 lift with really strong midlift numbers. Should get to the dyno sometime next week. Remember this is with stock cast unported heads.We have all kinds of room and metal to go with a big port when the time comes

Ken
ken c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 02:46PM   #52
ken c

Quote:
Ken from the pics I have seen of the head the exhaust ports look large, what is the minimum size header that will fit the as cast head without blocking the port.
Brian i'm not sure without checking. Jeff bough a set of pre bent BBC headers sections to weld up for the dyno test and Mark turned out several header flanges on the CNC. Jeff said it would be a pretty simple process to weld the headers up. I would gess they are 21/2 inch or so but I will check.Jeff will
eventually make a set of tri y headers for the high end stuff. It was funny at the track last year one of the local guys that had a BBC dragster came by and commented on Kevins headers and said in passing them Pontiac just don't flow any air then Kev went out and beat him by a 1/2 second with a smaller motor.That pretty much shut him up.
Ken
Old 03-27-11, 02:29AM   #53
Pontiac Jack
M/T Hemi Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac Jack View Post
This thread begins "We made several pulls..." (Oct '10).
???
Knock/knock... anybody home?
Pontiac Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 02:52PM   #54
Dragncar

Ken, are there any thoughts of adding the 8 extra 7/16 head bolts like the Tigers and E heads have had done to them?
Certainly with the solid billet High Ports and Warp heads it should be a easy mod since there would be no welding for the water jacket.
You would think in the end these canted Warp heads that will go 500cfm should be on top of the mountain.
How much over drive is that bad ass car with the intercooled screw blower using and does it have problems lifting the heads.
If it does this mod could end the problem and you could get away with 40% overdrive like the Dirty Bird and be the fastest. ( do not know anything about these types of race cars just thinking out loud)
I just have not understood why KRE has not been jumping all over this seeing how much success AP and Butler have had with it. You guys have the highest flowing heads and do not want to be in 3rd place.
I hope nobody is just being stubborn.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 04:53PM   #55
ken c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Ken, are there any thoughts of adding the 8 extra 7/16 head bolts like the Tigers and E heads have had done to them?
Certainly with the solid billet High Ports and Warp heads it should be a easy mod since there would be no welding for the water jacket.
You would think in the end these canted Warp heads that will go 500cfm should be on top of the mountain.
How much over drive is that bad ass car with the intercooled screw blower using and does it have problems lifting the heads.
If it does this mod could end the problem and you could get away with 40% overdrive like the Dirty Bird and be the fastest. ( do not know anything about these types of race cars just thinking out loud)
I just have not understood why KRE has not been jumping all over this seeing how much success AP and Butler have had with it. You guys have the highest flowing heads and do not want to be in 3rd place.
I hope nobody is just being stubborn.

Troy I can't talk about that, it's not a problem for NA motors but is for blown applications wait till you see the solution KRE did for this problem . And no we are not going to be in third place for long.
Ken
Ken
Old 03-27-11, 05:29PM   #56
Mark G
Northern Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken c View Post
Troy I can't talk about that, it's not a problem for NA motors but is for blown applications wait till you see the solution KRE did for this problem . And no we are not going to be in third place for long.
Ken
Ken
Ken they maybe first on the track. But they will always be third when it comes to customer service. They could learn something from you when it comes to taking care of a customer..Take Care
3250lbs
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:35PM   #57
Dragncar

Thanks Ken, that what I wanted to hear.
Competition is good for everyone.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-11, 09:13AM   #58
ken c

Quote:
Thanks for checking, I really hope that 2 1/2" isn't the smallest without blocking the port. That is pretty dang big for a NA engine.
Brian it looks like 2 inch will cover the port. I think Jeff is going to use 2 1/8 primary tubed on this engine
Old 04-02-11, 06:52PM   #59
ken c

Just a note to update on warp 6 dyno session. I wasn't at shop yesterday I had to go to Buffalo N.Y. to pickup some parts but talked to Jeff several times. He got the motor up and running yesterday (Friday) and made several pulls, All I can tell you was that it was up to our expectations .We will be tuning on motor for next several days then we will get you some numbers.
Ken
Old 04-02-11, 07:35PM   #60
Gach
Administrator

Waiting some results as soon as you get them. should be good.