PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
General
> New Pontiac Friends
User Name
Password

New Pontiac Friends NEW MEMBERS! - Introduce yourself, tell us about your car, and post a pic of it.

sponser links

Old 02-14-11, 01:42AM   #1
badbird69

Default Another newbie from Minneapolis

Hello Guys,

Been a member here for a short while, but haven't posted until now. We have a '69 Firebird that we finished up last year and finally made it out to the track. It took a little while to get stuff sorted out, but the last half of the season things really came around.

We were able to qualify #3 in the Quick 16 at Norwalk, won King Street at Brainerd over Labor Day, qualified #3 in the Quick 8 at B.O.P. Nationals in Cordova and later recorded our quickest and fastest ET and MPH at Byron in November. 7.71 @ 175 at right around 2900#. Gotta say it was an awesome year.

The car is street legal (even if Robin doesn't think so LOL) but our local finest are more interested in generating revenue than public safety, so we don't venture out often.

Looking forward to learning and sharing.
Dick Fulton
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img002-30.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	23831  
badbird69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 02:52AM   #2
Gach
Administrator

That's the bad @SS 69 Bird that ran in the 7's with E-heads. Nice car. How much are you spraying.
Old 05-04-15, 12:57AM   #3
Gach
Administrator

I think people forget what the posted back in 2011...now it magically weighs 3100 lbs. If I remember correctly the reference to Robin, was because he wanted no part of Dicks car at Norwalk. LOL
Old 05-04-15, 04:17AM   #4
Gach
Administrator

Just saying seem to have a hard time getting facts straight.
Old 05-04-15, 09:47AM   #5
JSPONT

Good luck this year with the new combo! Your car is beautiful. I see from the photo that was in t 2010. I like the new shaved door handles look. Did you go to glass doors? I saw a recent pass you made on you tube car, is bad azzz!
JSPONT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-15, 02:42PM   #6
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Good luck this year with the new combo! Your car is beautiful. I see from the photo that was in t 2010. I like the new shaved door handles look. Did you go to glass doors? I saw a recent pass you made on you tube car, is bad azzz!
2010, you got a good eye, no doubt Dick's car is awesome. Back then 7.71 with e-heads was a big deal. That's when TTBILL and CV-1 boys target was E- Heads. LOL. I distinctly remember Robin wanted no part of Dick at Notwalk. Think the argument was Robin car was a 3350# street car and Dicks was a state of the art 2900# race car.
Old 05-04-15, 10:19PM   #7
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
Fwiw my 69 weighs 2713 race ready no driver. It has stock unmodified doors/glass w/ stock door panels. Stock dash. Stock steering column and steering wheel. Stock unmodified floor boards including trunk. Notched rear frame rails. Stock headliner. Stock unmodified trunk lid with torsion bars. Stock rear spoiler. It is not a panel car. If it was it would be over 200 pounds lighter.
I think this kind of says it all, have you seen Dick car, it's definitely a light weight.

Going to be a good 1/8 mile race
Old 05-04-15, 11:24PM   #8
JSPONT

Depends on who sprays more I think. I know there is a cap where cars can only take so much and they meet max performance. Both cars are beautiful cars that run like hell.
Wish I could be there for that race, but I will put more money on no matter what happens there will be contriversy after. If someone gets spanked, the excuses will start. I do not think either Jack or Dick will make the excuses, the 2 camps will start the banter on the forums right from the track!!LOL
JSPONT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 12:30AM   #9
Gach
Administrator

I can hear all the excuse now...LOL I agree the race won't end it. Both gorgeous cars. The baddest of the bad Pontiac's. My thoughts they want to be able to say the CV-1 will finally run with the pack, but I don't really think it will change 7 years of hate they've created, so not much will change in public opinion of the head. They have a following of butt hurt followers who will most likely take it to the grave.

Just think they went from PZ to Warpeds board, to their own board, then PY board. With the hate following them from board to board..LOL
Old 05-05-15, 12:42AM   #10
Gach
Administrator

Our only hope is that it will finally come to the point were everyone will be fed up and ignore them, leaving them talking to themselfs like Post with zero responses.
Old 05-05-15, 10:38AM   #11
Gach
Administrator

Dick! You just open yourself to a big law suit for making false accusations its call slander. I expect and apology by days end and your slanderous statement removed from PM. I'll own that Friebird....it's your call.
Old 05-05-15, 10:45AM   #12
Gach
Administrator

Anyone Please feel free to post my response I'm block from posting in the race section on there !