Engine Tech
> Engine Tech Discussion - Street or Strip
User Name
Password

sponser links

Old 11-07-14, 01:59PM   #1
Gach
Administrator

Default See This Thread ! CV vs old Edelbrock heads.

Quote:
Thinking of starting a new engine combo.
505cu in
twin turbo efi
street driven on pump gas combo
race gas at the track if need be

I currently have my old set of 72cc edelbrock heads off my old nitrous motor. They were purchased from Butler and flowed 320 cfm from them. I am looking into if I should just freshen these heads ie valve job, springs etc. or sell them used and buy a set of cv-1's and be ahead as far as power potential.

I do realize I'd need to change intake manifolds, valve covers, headers etc.

I tried searching for threads and there is a whole lotta BS I don't understand people bashing each other etc. etc. I'm just looking for info. Roland racing website is not that great, and I was looking at YB and ran into the same BS over there.......
Dose this guy know the CV are defunct. No longer in production. Shouldn't someone mentioned that.
Shouldn't someone also mention that it would be far cheaper to redo his E-heads, I mean it's going to be a twin turbo street car, he's got a 320 cfm head and its not a big expensive ordeal to get that head to 350 cfm and easily make 1000 hp with a twin Turbo set up. Not needing any off set anything. Besides that that head will go 400 cfm, and make more power then he could ever use on the street. Did any bother to ask what his hp goals are. Those are capable of making 1600 hp. Marty ran low 7's
Old 11-07-14, 09:41PM   #2
Aaron

The heads on a turbo car (or juice car) are not that important. My thought was going with the most port area available without porting. That would be the cv.
Old 11-09-14, 05:05PM   #3
Gach
Administrator

All he needs is the heads he has and can easily make 1000 hp allot cheaper then starting all over going to a complete CV head set up. your looking at a minimum of $4400.00 to buy a whole CV package, heads, intake, valve covers, and then valve job, a little port work, intake worth and of course they'll talk him into a convertible exhaust set up.

When he could probably get his E-heads up dated for about 1500.00. The CV guys wonder why there's so much hate. Many E-head turbo's out there. Making well over 1500 hp. All you have to do is read his initial post. The sad part is the bad mouthing of other heads that they continue to do.

The whole idea of theses boards it to keep guys from spending tons of money and then losing them because they can no longer afford it. We are suppose to help make it affordable. It's a shame talking a guy into spending triple the money. He doesn't need HP heads or Tigers heads Or CV-1 what he has will more then make what he's looking for.
Old 11-09-14, 05:59PM   #4
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
Are CV1's available? Last I heard from Jim they were out of production and inventory?

Quote:
S/st 54.....I wish the guy luck on whatever he does
If he is looking for a set of 400+cfm CV-1 heads I'd sell him a set very reasonable.S/st 54
This is hilarious.
Old 11-09-14, 09:32PM   #5
Gach
Administrator

Just talked to another guy, who's selling his CV-1 stuff not happy about the way Jim has treated him. Jim and Twinturrbo406 really need to keep a low profile, that thread isn't doing them any good. Its kind of sad to watch what's going on. Let some guys get out there and let the head speak for itself. why keep getting involved in these threads. Sad
Old 11-09-14, 10:48PM   #6
Aaron

A set of stock 6x's will make 1000 hp boosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
All he needs is the heads he has and can easily make 1000 hp allot cheaper then starting all over going to a complete CV head set up. your looking at a minimum of $4400.00 to buy a whole CV package, heads, intake, valve covers, and then valve job, a little port work, intake worth and of course they'll talk him into a convertible exhaust set up.

When he could probably get his E-heads up dated for about 1500.00. The CV guys wonder why there's so much hate. Many E-head turbo's out there. Making well over 1500 hp. All you have to do is read his initial post. The sad part is the bad mouthing of other heads that they continue to do.

The whole idea of theses boards it to keep guys from spending tons of money and then losing them because they can no longer afford it. We are suppose to help make it affordable. It's a shame talking a guy into spending triple the money. He doesn't need HP heads or Tigers heads Or CV-1 what he has will more then make what he's looking for.
Old 11-09-14, 10:56PM   #7
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
A set of stock 6x's will make 1000 hp boosted.
See you get it.
Old 11-10-14, 11:46PM   #8
Gach
Administrator

So is TTbill getting that 565 fire eating CV-1 e-head/Tiger killer out this year. I heard he plans on taking out all these guys

Langer
Snyder
Dwight
Kinsler
Lil Jack
Cosgrove
EPC
Ray Cox
Old 11-11-14, 12:03AM   #9
Lil Jack
Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
So is TTbill getting that 565 fire eating CV-1 e-head/Tiger killer out this year. I heard he plans on taking out all these guys

Langer
Snyder
Dwight
Kinsler
Lil Jack
Cosgrove
EPC
Ray Cox
Dream big I always say!
Lil Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 12:06AM   #10
Gach
Administrator

Jim and TTbill statement is quite a stretch, All of Sonny Leonard ports have CNC programs, which of course needs cleaning up after they've been CNC, and that's TTbill job...sand paper roller clean up boy.

Mary Mondello, to Darin Morgan would you hire him, he claims to be a student of yours. Morgan....NOPE ! That's what bill was referring to in the tape when Tim said pack your shit, your out of here. We are just not getting the results we are looking for. I wonder if Jim every paid the bill for all the CNC programming.

Tim, When asked they guy has never Assembled a motor in his life. No I'm a head porter. Stands to reason why first one he ever did never made it off the dyno...LOL.
Old 11-11-14, 12:50AM   #11
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Jack View Post
Dream big I always say!
Oh yeah he's a big ******* dreamer! Before he got hook up with Jim and the CV-1 His claim to fame was porting a set of heads for his buddy 11 second street car. Now he's teaching Sonny Leonard. You talk about a narcissistic personality he fits it to a tee

Disorder (NPD) is a Cluster B personality disorder[1] in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and to others in the process.

Symptoms
People who are diagnosed with a narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy.

1. Impairments in self functioning (a or b):
a. Identity: Excessive reference to others for self-definition and self-esteem regulation; exaggerated self-appraisal may be inflated or deflated, or vacillate between extremes; emotional regulation mirrors fluctuations in self-esteem.
b. Self-direction: Goal-setting is based on gaining approval from others; personal standards are unreasonably high in order to see oneself as exceptional, or too low based on a sense of entitlement; often unaware of own motivations.

b. Attention seeking: Excessive attempts to attract and be the focus of the attention of others; admiration seeking.

Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
Envies others and believes others envy him/her
Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic
Old 11-11-14, 01:15AM   #12
Gach
Administrator

Attention seeking: Excessive attempts to attract and be the focus of the attention of others; admiration seeking.

Think about it.. this shit started as soon as he got involved with CV-1.. what's the first thing he did.. attack other head porters to draw attention to himself. The other one was haft **** haft all the time and I'm really getting the feeling they both suffer from the same disorder. Between the two of them they got others to drink the Kool Aid. Both are unable to rationalize what is reality.

Think of all they head porters he's said didn't know what their talking about Marcella, Dan, Gaby, BES. They guy has never produce anything that's even gone down the track. But he's the best and he's teaching Sonny new tricks. Pretty sad.
Old 11-12-14, 12:26AM   #13
Gach
Administrator

Default Badbird69

The only reason your jumping on the CV-1 band wagon, because their FREE !
Old 11-12-14, 12:32AM   #14
Gach
Administrator

You believe everything Bill Anderson tells you. Sad ! You need to have a Conversation with Tim at Mondello's. you'll find out who the real Bill Anderson is. First thing he said to me, Gatch I've been reading your board and everything you said about him is the truth.

You guys can talk all the CV-1 BS you want that head will never be excepted.
Old 11-12-14, 12:48AM   #15
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Lil,

Sonny's motors have powered many championship cars. Where do you get the idea that they ha
Oh yeah and Bill Anderson is the one that got them there. WOW! Your just as F.u.c.k as bill. What's in that Koolaid.

Here's thing Dick, you were probably one of the most respected Pontiac guys out there until you open your mouth. Your believing everything Bill tells you as if it fact! WOW!