PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Old 06-01-18, 06:08PM   #16
SikGoat
ECMTTFMF'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgto View Post
Just give a update on my crap. I finally got a good set of heads now. I had 7 cracks which includes all 4 corners, both lower middle exhaust port btween 4&6 3&5 that had cracks inside and where the nut and washers go was collapsing. I also had one of the bronze inserts between 4&6 that had never seated was leaking like a blown head gasket. I also I had a pin hole in #8 in and ex runners. Now all this is fixed. This the first time since owning the heads that there's no water in my oil or causing problems with vacuum pump. I'm happy. Might not be the fastest out there, but racing and that's all I want to do.
Yeah you're racing but you shouldn't not have had to go through all that time money and heartache to get to that point
4.66 @ 158mph @ 3715lbs
SikGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 06:17PM   #17
bad69bird
Procharger Posse

Quote:
Just give a update on my crap. I finally got a good set of heads now. I had 7 cracks which includes all 4 corners, both lower middle exhaust port btween 4&6 3&5 that had cracks inside and where the nut and washers go was collapsing. I also had one of the bronze inserts between 4&6 that had never seated was leaking like a blown head gasket. I also I had a pin hole in #8 in and ex runners. Now all this is fixed. This the first time since owning the heads that there's no water in my oil or causing problems with vacuum pump. I'm happy. Might not be the fastest out there, but racing and that's all I want to do.
Glad to hear man! Good luck this year!
http://luhnperformance.com/
http://csucarbs.com/

Nitrous is like a hot girl with a STD...you want to hit, but you're afraid of the consequences.

Fastest Stock Suspension & Blow-thru Pontiac in the country
8.44 @ 166.97 (@3465#s)
1.38 60', 5.51@ 132.83-1/8th mile-DA 3800'
bad69bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 06:50PM   #18
badbird68
Ram Racing N/A

Ehttfmf
4.80 @ 145.53
3100 lbs

THANKS TO
RON AT RHODES CUSTOM AUTO
BUTLER PERFORMANCE
JIM HOSTLER TRANSMISSIONS
BES RACING ENGINES
MARCELLA MANIFOLDS

EHTTFMF!
badbird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 06:52PM   #19
Lil Jack
Drag Racer

Quote:

Damn, that sucks. Glad to hear you are back out racing.

We all thought you were waiting on a converter?
Lil Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 10:52PM   #20
SikGoat
ECMTTFMF'S

Quote:
Should post that on PY
4.66 @ 158mph @ 3715lbs
SikGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 11:55PM   #21
Mr.Pontiac

badgto, Your racing thats all that matters, everyone sitting in front of a computer and nobody has the balls to go out racing. Alot of B.S. RIGHT NOW. Good luck with the set-up. Watch the boys jump on this message,it won,t be long. Computer drag racing want a bee,s
Mr.Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 01:21AM   #22
Gach
Administrator

Was BES able to fix the heads, or you go with another set, of so. what Heads you go with. I feel for you bad ordeal
Old 06-02-18, 08:53AM   #23
badgto

I got lucky and find a guy in Missouri that repaired them.
badgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 02:33PM   #24
Gach
Administrator

I would imagine those Associated with the CV-1 Product are trying to stop the bleeding. The most controversial head in Pontiac history. So easy to throw customers under the bus, you didn’t run my carb, you didn’t run my rocker shaft. You got the wrong intake.

No doubt we’ve lost more Pontiac guys because of the CV-1 controversy/issues then any other Pontiac product. It’s a shame head that was supposed to be greatest thing since sliced bread.
Old 06-02-18, 03:09PM   #25
Mr.Pontiac

I think it should be the greatest thing since apple pie.
Mr.Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 12:10AM   #26
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
I got lucky and find a guy in Missouri that repaired them.
Everyone knows story behind your heads. As you well know It’s the people that’s associated with the CV-1. My signature says it all. When there’s issues it’s always your fault. It’s a shame that honest hard-working people Get taken.

You can correct me if I’m wrong, ( might have the wrong guy ) but didn’t you have issues from day one when Calvin initially did the heads, seems I remember something about the valve guides not lineing up with valve seats, and Calvin fixed it for nothing.