PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Restoration and General Tech
> Paint and Body Q&A
User Name
Password

Paint and Body Q&A Bodyshop tips, tricks, Q&A in here.

sponser links

Old 02-19-06, 09:11PM   #1
michael

Default 1965 fan shroud vs. Fan shield

My car is not origional but I'm trying to maintain the appearance as such. in the past I saw countless GTO's and Lemans with a fan shield and a few A/C cars and tri power cars with a steel shroud. More recently I have seen a flood of cars with the plastic fan shroud and a shield. Now I see million point restoration jobs where the cars have the steel shroud and a fan shield. In 25 plus years of the pontiac hobbie (business?) I have not seen this until now. Am I wrong. I have seen sooooo many cars and none had this combination until recently and only among those few who spent way too much on a restoration and in each case the owners explaination is that they did make a few like that and that there was so much demand for these cars that they were going down the assembly line with anything they could put on them. It makes more sense if it were '64's but if your in a hurry do you add more or less? This was not such a problem in 65 so what gives? Is a steel fan shroud and a fan shield correct in '65?
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-06, 10:46PM   #2
harrygto
one bad 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
My car is not origional but I'm trying to maintain the appearance as such. in the past I saw countless GTO's and Lemans with a fan shield and a few A/C cars and tri power cars with a steel shroud. More recently I have seen a flood of cars with the plastic fan shroud and a shield. Now I see million point restoration jobs where the cars have the steel shroud and a fan shield. In 25 plus years of the pontiac hobbie (business?) I have not seen this until now. Am I wrong. I have seen sooooo many cars and none had this combination until recently and only among those few who spent way too much on a restoration and in each case the owners explaination is that they did make a few like that and that there was so much demand for these cars that they were going down the assembly line with anything they could put on them. It makes more sense if it were '64's but if your in a hurry do you add more or less? This was not such a problem in 65 so what gives? Is a steel fan shroud and a fan shield correct in '65?

in 65 all GTO's came with a fan shield and the air cars and 3X2s came with a steel fan shroud I might be wrong that was a long time ago.
2004 Dogde 2500 Ram
harrygto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-06, 09:17PM   #3
michael

thats what i'm thinkin. Have we run out of options and are now trying to create these one off assembly line faux pas? nes Pas?
michael is offline   Reply With Quote