PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Engine Buildups in progress
User Name
Password

Engine Buildups in progress Tell us what your latest project is, and post a few pics.

sponser links

Old 06-25-19, 10:11PM   #91
keith
Stubborn old goat

Green light on crank !! now to get r/a finalized, cryo'd and balanced. Hopefully to create my short-block able to hold 444@15PSI boost.

Talked to Total Seal who recommended their MaxSeal m7560-65 gapless set for n/a to 15psi boost .. got spec's from Ross to assure fit, they still have card on my NOS pistons.

Want to send pistons to Calico for ceramic top coat to help piston stay cooler and add anti-scuff side coat. Calico does not know and wont guess, even ball-park, on the weight coating adds was just going to get an estimate and use for a balance figure figuring it would be a tiny amount ??? (so I could do after balance)

Verifying KB 3.00 pins fit sweetly else I will replace them with better H-13 3.125 cut-down pins

My Cat 4340 H-beams have ARP 8740 but not sure whether 3/8 or 7/16. Thinking I better upgrade to larger bolts if they are 3/8 and its possible to do so. Probably better for 7/16 ARP 2000 if I do upgrade.
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 03:27PM   #92
keith
Stubborn old goat

Green light went red at balance, counterweights had not been ballparked to my bob-weight though remaining elements of crank were "on-size". Possibly chromer really did get a raw forging after boogering my original forged crank and was not advised of my bob numbers. Sent crank back to Scat from Paul's for counterweight adjustment as they were 500gms off. Crank has been a nightmare.
Considering fuel injection now as an alternate induction system will probably start with 4360's and put money in heads however. The FI systems from Butler do not support boost and are tbi unless you get the most expensive XFI setup which I cant do right now. Think if I do FI I will want individual port injection and boost capability.
The 96 cores are very nice and have been ported. Will try to put in 7mm custom stainless valves, a 2.16 head intake with new hemi style flatter stem to valvehead transition-style and full radius 1.65 exhaust. Trying to seat 1.65 valve in a 1.77 Sealed Power replacement seat, dimensions look like I can do it. Will try on a set of 6x's first that will be fitted with the titanium models I already cryo'd at Paul's. I calculate 5% less port obstruction using 1.60 diameter per PeteM video. Should be 5% more flow then .. possibly a like amount in port speed and a small amount of added volume for entire lift range. Thinking factory heads will like that.
Just bought Elgin stainless full roller 1.65 rockers that look pretty nice though are not the most expensive, will send them with new Howards 240/247 @.050 cam and seats to Paul for cryo once I get 7mm stuff from PAC that will go too. Have spoken with Dimitri Elgin and enjoyed the conversation, wanted to try something with his name on it. May just break-in engine and go with shaft rockers like I wanted after will see how engine feels. At least I will have full sets of cryod rockers in both 1.52 and 1.65.
keith is offline   Reply With Quote