Restoration and General Tech
> Member's Projects in progress
User Name
Password

Member's Projects in progress Show us what you're working on

sponser links

Old 05-24-07, 11:24AM   #16
flynbrian

The sad part is I could still get bigger money for my car because there are still people dumb enough not to look hard underneath. If It looks nice up top thats good enough for some people. I knew a guy who had a 69' that everyone went nuts for constantly....I though it looked and sounded pretty cool too. One day since I had done so much work on mine I layed on the ground and looked under his.....OMG Big Holes everywhere filled to the hilt with undercoating to disguise. the car was killed underneath and never repaired....only the topside and interior looked awesome....He sold that car for rediculous huge money....SO I dont really feel bad about the underside of mine, its not rotted out just unfinished....
I saw a thing once that bolted on where the wheels go and lets you roll the car on its side without damage for undercarriage work....I wish I knew more about it....it'd be worth its weight in gold to me.
flynbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 12:14PM   #17
67GTOTONY
Ponchorelli

I bought the car "ready for paint." Once we saw what it needed it made more sense to do it right. It was still inexpensive enough to do it right without burying myself in the car. Even if everyone thinks it is the nicest car they've seen, if it has hidden problems, it bothers me as the owner. I could have just sanded, primed and painted the car and had it on the road a year ago, but what is the point of doing a halfway job and not being happy with it. The only problem is my wife is impatient, she wants her car done yesterday.
69 Firebird Convert(work in progress)
97 Trans am Ram Air(daily driver)
67GTOTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 11:56AM   #18
flynbrian

Now that I have my car up and running I can take my time with my 74 Monte Carlo. It sits until I get a moment to work on it....No hurry...But when I didnt have a toy I was in a rush. Now that I have my 95' Z28 I have spent alot less time with my 69 since the Camaro is actually more fun to drive....The Firebird gets more attention but really the camaro makes you wanna break laws.
The firebird will never handle as good or be as smooth as the last generation camaro/firebirds I guess I should look for a T/***..
flynbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 12:42PM   #19
67GTOTONY
Ponchorelli

Thumbs up motor and trans are in

motor and trans are in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0624072119b.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	13905   Click image for larger version