PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Restoration and General Tech
> User Reviews
User Name
Password

User Reviews Reviews of Products by Real Users.

Old 05-20-08, 02:53AM   #31
464GP69

yep at my shop we have 4 dead ones! after a while they either break or don't go up, atleast they are cheap!
Old 06-21-08, 09:57PM   #32
Rich in Tucson
BVR 421

the one in 598transam pic above is one of the little tiny ones like I have
If you use that to lift our heavy Pontiacs you cant expect it to last long. I wouldnt trust it to hold up a full size car long enough to get jackstands under it. Not because its H F, but because its too damn small!
I have one I use for an extra to lift A arms, transmissions etc. It lifts my 2800lb TA no problem but I would never use it on my heavy cars. Its made for little cars at best.
I know 2 local guys with the BIG H F alum jacks and they have never had a problem with the big ones. They are nice, about half the weight of my sears iron jack
I find out that 2+2 equals 3 instead of 5!
Rich in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 05:02AM   #33
Poison heart

I bought a racing jack from Northern Tool for like $200. No problems at all. It's pretty light and I have no complaints. I was going to get a craftsman until I read about 5000 bad reviews on how much they suck. I didn't want to spend the Snap on/ Blue point kind of money so I went with Northern. No complaints.
1976 W200 Dodge Power Wagon 383/ 727 4x4

http://www.pontiac-59.com/
Poison heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 05:05AM   #34
Poison heart

schoust, Find a Snap On dealer and see if he can get it fixed or replaced. Isn't that why we pay Snap On Prices? Even though you didn't pay anything. haha Should be lifetime warranty.
1976 W200 Dodge Power Wagon 383/ 727 4x4

http://www.pontiac-59.com/
Poison heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 09:45AM   #35
ponchospidel
Drag Racer

Thumbs up Rebuild them with new O-rings!!!

I did just that,my dad had this Craftsman Jack 2 1/2 Ton Jack for 15 years,one day I asked him why did not use it any more,it wont go up?So he gave it to me and I got online and googled hydralic Jack parts.Bingo,found a company in Kentucky that there slogan was"dont throw that old jack or pump away,we can fix it" So after a few days of getting time and the correct tools to unscrew the jacks pump mechanism,sure enough there it was the O-ring was rotted and broken off,He asked for the exact measurements in mm fo I took my digital calipers and did just that called him back and ordered two,just in case in another 15 years I need to replace it again,
I have a one of those "Racing Jacks" to,from "BIG RED" = TORIN JACKS, I bought it at a flea market and for 30 dolllars walked away with it in the box,after further inspection,the had the wrong handle in it,did not work at all,so again I called and worked my magic and the with in 2 weeks had a complete new pump sitting at my door step for free.The only thing that bugs me about all these RACING JACKS is that they are so hard to push down on when your actually jacking a car up with one?That is my only complant against the whole racing jack community thing ...FYI
Kind Regards,
Jason/Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDRACER View Post
No need to "rebuild". All you need to do is disassemble the machanism that rotates with the handle. Inside will be one or two O-rings. Replace these with quality O-rings and flush out the fluid. Done.

Have performed this on two floor jacks and a bottle jack. But still, new used or rebuilt I will never get under a car with only a floor jack.
ponchospidel is offline   Reply With Quote