PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Old 08-13-18, 03:16PM   #1
Gach
Administrator

Default The bet

My understanding standing was CV-1 weíre going in the Crow, doesnít count if they donít go in the Crow.
Old 08-13-18, 04:19PM   #2
low future

if those heads are junk, why would he waste his time? with all the money he`s making on tv, wouldn't WARP 6 heads be better?
low future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 05:12PM   #3
Gach
Administrator

Itís all a matter of what works, got to think of it this way his car is Turbo (Twin Turbo I believe ) the show is a big money maker for everyone. Last I heard each getting paid $10,000.00 a episode 3 years ago. Look at what they all had in the beginning for cars and motors compared to what they have now. Itís all about ratings.

You have guys there with capability of making 3000-4000 hp. If you want to believe it. Chief is the target. The Edelbrock Heads heís running now are only 350 CFM nothing compared to whatís available. Heís got a new set Iím sure are over 400 CFM. Heís kicking butt with 350 CFM Heads.

Thereís allot of money in his combo allot easier to keep everything the same and just go with same head but allot more CFM. Heís winning with what he has. If you watch the latest video it turn out to be a paddle fest, between him and Robin
( in the Firebird) Who has the 4000 hp 480L or what ever that motor is called.

It all boils down to experience in tuning and power management. Chief definitely has the advange Robin is basicly and amateur compared to Chief. Are they going to let him win some races, think about this, Robin kind of bought his way into the street outlaw deal. That motor alone is 60+ grand not counting what he paid for the car.

Back to the heads, to change over to say a Warp 6 or even CV-1 deal is a bigger deal then what everyone thinks. The whole top end changes I mean everything. It doesnít happen over night then there at least 2-3 month tuning, finding what it likes. Both this head combos is a one of everything. Then you have the reliability of either one. Chief not stupid build a trial and error car and let his girlfriend run it.

Mean while he can still be competitive, because he knows what he has. Look their trying to sell CV-1, heís the best Avenue for unsuspecting veiwers.

Hereís a fact most people donít know. Chief has had every head out the from HP to Tigers.
Old 08-13-18, 05:31PM   #4
Gach
Administrator

The Fords who do allot of grudge match Racing have had the Warp 6 heads for last couple of years. One of the ECM boys, how are they doing compared to LilíJack and Silkgoat. Who both run Vinser Heads, (VED ) maybe the agurment can be made that their cheaper, but that doesnít win races.

Itís a level of racing most of us have no clue whatís envolved in what the cost really is. I do know one thing they want to win and have every advange they can get with a Pontiac.

Out of all the Pontiac heads out there available is there a certain clear winner, do we know or are they paying for all the R&D to find out.

Wish we could say, yes definitely the Warp 6 Donít think weíre going to know that for a while.
Old 08-13-18, 06:20PM   #5
Dragncar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
My understanding standing was CV-1 weíre going in the Crow, doesnít count if they donít go in the Crow.
The bet Bruce is trying to take over did not specify which car. But it does not matter. Chief has to make 5 passes on the show withing a years time frame.
It was what, May I believe.
There is little chance Chief gets the heads and ironed out, makes 5 passes within a year. He has to retire the 70 GTO to do it. Not happening.
Bruce is doomed.

I think @ 40lbs boost they will explode and Chiefs hood will blow off.
Junk.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 07:20PM   #6
Gach
Administrator

Heís got his work cut out for him, thatís for sure.
Old 08-13-18, 09:23PM   #7
Lil Jack
Drag Racer

Vhttfmf
Lil Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 09:54PM   #8
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Jack View Post
Vhttfmf
It’s kind of looking that way...that’s were my money would be.