> Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Forced Induction This section for the traditional Pontiac V8

sponser links

Old 11-20-19, 06:24PM   #16
bad69bird
Procharger Posse

Sorry I meant "tuning" window, not "running". Damn auto-correct.

"Radiusing/removing sharp edges in chamber contour?"- Yes that's is what I was referring too.

Yes I would o-ring/receiver the head and block.

Yes I would use head studs.

Someone waaaaay smarter than me figured out the HP loss when I was utilizing the side-slinger. I was losing 157HP having to turn the blower in that configuration.

Nitrous is like a hot girl with a STD...you want to hit, but you're afraid of the consequences.

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH

Fastest Stock Suspension & Blow-thru Pontiac in the country
8.44 @ 166.97 (@3465#s)
1.38 60', 5.51@ 132.83-1/8th mile-DA 3800'
bad69bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:39PM   #17
keith
Stubborn old goat

So a side-slinger like the Torqstorm may eat more ponies than it makes. I would think as rpm goes up so does the pony munching. Butler had told me it does not "kick in" in a controlled manner by computer or switch(like on Mad Max ), but is turning and engaged all the time. Probably awful mileage for whatever HP increase in a street car. Would think someone would make an electric-run supercharger but thats alot of ponies for a battery setup to provide. Maybe thats what the foreign-made IDI supercharger is for Hellcat, it is probably at least controlled by a clutch and computer. Guess I will have to do alittle more research. I need to get my motor done NA, into the car and run for a year before I worry about boosting I guess. Was trying to build a boostable short block maybe even longblock by beefing things alittle.
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:17PM   #18
Gach
Administrator

You can do what Guido does disconnect the belt for cruising. Either way itís not ideal.
Old Yesterday, 09:19PM   #19
Gach
Administrator

Brian..I take it, your not running the F2, change over to a Super Charger?
Old Yesterday, 09:31PM   #20
turbo69BIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69bird View Post
Sorry I meant "tuning" window, not "running". Damn auto-correct.

"Radiusing/removing sharp edges in chamber contour?"- Yes that's is what I was referring too.

Yes I would o-ring/receiver the head and block.

Yes I would use head studs.

Someone waaaaay smarter than me figured out the HP loss when I was utilizing the side-slinger. I was losing 157HP having to turn the blower in that configuration.
Good reason to go TURBO instead. 😁👍
old set up-3250 LBS 69 firebird T-88 turbo 455 .030 CAT H beam rods, stock crank, stock block( 2 bolt) performer intake, 850 carb 6X-6 heads 114 cc ( unported) TH 400 and 3.73 gears = 9.76 @ 141 with a 163 short time = 725 RWHP and 878 HP @ the crank

new set up - same but with home ported heads and Gen 7 DFI, my custom SS headers
Jeff Palazzo

Www.pontiaction.net
Www.mayhemturbo.com
turbo69BIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34PM   #21
turbo69BIRD

Airplanes when turbocharged use a turbo normalization set up so that it's only in when you want it in. You pull a lever to make it naturally aspirated. They don't keep it in all the time.

On cars we use such big turbos it only makes boost when you IN IT anyway. Which is the best part of turbocharging.

I still can't believe Brian hasn't switched yet, you've done great with the supercharger but with your dedication I could only image what you'd have done w turbos.
old set up-3250 LBS 69 firebird T-88 turbo 455 .030 CAT H beam rods, stock crank, stock block( 2 bolt) performer intake, 850 carb 6X-6 heads 114 cc ( unported) TH 400 and 3.73 gears = 9.76 @ 141 with a 163 short time = 725 RWHP and 878 HP @ the crank

new set up - same but with home ported heads and Gen 7 DFI, my custom SS headers
Jeff Palazzo

Www.pontiaction.net
Www.mayhemturbo.com
Old Yesterday, 09:37PM   #22
turbo69BIRD

Some day I'm gonna talk gach into turbocharging. Put some money back in his pocket instead of under the hood.
Good ole stock block, stock crank, stock iron head affair.

Jeff Palazzo

Www.pontiaction.net
Www.mayhemturbo.com
Old Yesterday, 09:44PM   #23
Mb125

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69BIRD View Post
Some day I'm gonna talk gach into turbocharging. Put some money back in his pocket instead of under the hood.
Good ole stock block, stock crank, stock iron head affair.
Exactly
Save the fancy aluminum for beer cans.
Old Today, 08:00PM   #24
Gach
Administrator

I already look at turbo charging, Total cost about $8500.00. I want to keep it pump gas. Problem I have is my heads flow to much, plus cam Iím running wonít work if I go turbo. I have to pump up the boost then it would require race gas. Beside if I did Iíd go twin turbos. The other things that wonít work is my convertor and would need a gear change.

Convertor is 4800 stall gear is 4.33. So gear convertor and cam change on top of way to much head flow. If I had a heads that only flowed say 325-350 cfm. It would be good, plus Iím at 11.25 compression. Stroke is good at 4.250 not ideal but would work.
Old Today, 08:03PM   #25
Gach
Administrator

Believe me I looked into it pretty heavily. Just with 1 turbo no gear, cam or convertor change, everything was about $8500.00. and thatís with all numbers you gave me.