PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Old 07-08-18, 04:13PM   #91
Gach
Administrator

Maybe thatís why Chielf has two sets of CV-1. Just in case ( wink ) he hurts the first set. Canít have a one of and be competitive.
Old 07-08-18, 04:14PM   #92
Gach
Administrator

Maybe thatís why Chielf has two sets of CV-1. Just in case ( wink ) he hurts the first set.
Old 07-09-18, 12:54AM   #93
Dragncar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Maybe thatís why Chielf has two sets of CV-1. Just in case ( wink ) he hurts the first set.
Myself, I bet if Chief has any real problems with those CVs they are jerked off his engine in a heartbeat.
Reliability is very important to him.
Dragncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-18, 09:58AM   #94
Gach
Administrator

What that head needs is injection and he is definitely running injection. With that they can control fuel to every cylinder. That solves distribution problems. Itís got to make more power has a much bigger port. Iím guessing tho the E-head is back motor. Heís got the money to run elaborate injection were as the adverage guys doesnít. Testing going to be the key and Travis more then likely will have a handle on that.

Running that head with out injection is the issue. As more than a few have found out.
Old 07-09-18, 10:03AM   #95
Gach
Administrator

The head is good for about 800-825 hp N/A with the original cast intake once you try and go past that point thatís when you need a better intake.
Old 07-09-18, 08:10PM   #96
Gach
Administrator

Stan, Wilkie, Slowbirdy, GTOGeorge and a few more..trolls, birds of a feather flock together. All clueless. Expert trolls.

It’s obvious to most, you say one thing and they do their best to make you look ignorant, like their experts.

What it does is start I trend, they are trying to change how people see you, after a while even those who are Objective start taking little digs. it’s like a cesspool. Guaranteed if you met anyone of them at the track face to face they’d have a completely different attitude.

It’s obvious they need to be center of attention, so unless your feeding their ego’s your out !

It’s easy to disagree with 1-2 but to constantly have 6-8 guys taking shots at your every word it’s a no win battle.
Old 07-09-18, 11:17PM   #97
Dragncar

They can back up Stan and Bruce all they want. They are still trolls.
Old 07-09-18, 11:39PM   #98
Gach
Administrator

You got it, Trolls all talking to themselves. Notice Slowbirdy now trying to make himself center of attention.

See two pictures of intakes. Tiger on left and Victor on right, also played with a BOP. Wonder how much he spend on intakes ? How many different cams ? 50 mm...55 mm. Cranks ? Lifters ? Bushes none bushed ? Yeah right he never blow shit up ? But yet if you listen to him he had the best high ports...LOL at Norwalk.

This is even funner...he was always asking me when I raced last, but he hasnít race in 2 years. Here youíre out Racing just about every weekend and thier Breaking your balls, and because you have a 100 trophies, itís because you raced amateurs.

Hereís the thing it really bothers them because youíre a practical guy who only wants to be faster to win more races. We all would like to make that dream hp amount, until we realize itís to high maintenance and unpractical. Then makes it unaffordable.
Old 07-09-18, 11:50PM   #99
Gach
Administrator

Hereís the other thing, the ECM guys can afford what their doing, thatís a big difference, I envy them, here you got guys like Stan...Wilkie total losers of of course heading for the 7ís GTOGeorge, busting their balls on a daily bases. Sucking up to Twin anytime CV-1 shit comes up. Itís like their way of showing their Jealousy. Sure some of it is just ball busting, most isnít.
Old 07-10-18, 01:37AM   #100
Dragncar

You can be a "racer" for life even if you had not done it for 10 years or live the life. Engine builder, head porter, suspension guy, live the life. Dont even have to be a driver/owner. But not because you raced your wifes street car a couple seasons down the track.
My wife raced my Tundra when I raced my GTO for 2-3 seasons. She is not even close to a racer. But knows what it takes. Can spot posers a mile away.
Old 07-10-18, 09:50AM   #101
Lil Jack
Drag Racer

What happened to all the CV1 guys.

ECM posts a throw down video and it’s crickets again.

Maybe they are just into Internet racing?
Lil Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 12:43PM   #102
Gach
Administrator

Their scared...!....Of the baddest 65 GTO in the land. LOL
Old 07-10-18, 04:53PM   #103
J2H4

Quote:
Their scared...!....Of the baddest 65 GTO in the land. LOL
Gach I gota know are you talking about John Snyder and his badASS 65 GTO the one that knows how to win rounds week in and week out or are you talking about Hooters 65?The street car that has finished drag week? Both are freaking beautiful cars! Baddest 65 in the land? I guess that's a matter of opinion.

As for Bruce......I'll apologize now. I like the guy. His heart is in the right place.
J2H4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 05:11PM   #104
Gach
Administrator

Hooter I never liked that guy...LOL
Old 07-10-18, 07:10PM   #105
Hooter
Goatroper

Quote:
Hooter I never liked that guy...LOL
Yeah, Iíve heard heís a real dick lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4AD9E26E-5E7C-42CA-95B2-B3A2E7F17BA0.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	29339  

65 Lemans - 565, T400, 3.70 gear, 3770 lbs. 10.13 at 135 short shifting to slow down. Street car.
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote