> Suspension
User Name
Password

Suspension Some times the most over looked

sponser links

Old 07-10-19, 03:46AM   #1
AngryBird68

Default Nitto 555R Extreme Drag Tires

Anybody using these? What's been your experience with them hooking at the track compared to MT?

I have wore out 2 pairs of MT DOT Drag Radials and thought I'd give the Nittos a try being that they cost 145 per tire instead of 225 per tire for the MTs.
AngryBird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 05:18PM   #2
Steve C
Verified User

I run the 275/60-15 NT555R drag radial as a street tire. For me they won't hook at the track for best performance on my previous 580 hp 462 combo and the current 650 hp 505 engine. But they will get more mileage than the other DOT drag radials based on claims. I recently bought a new set of them only because the were 10 years old ! That said, for the most part these two combinations were pump gas street cars and seldom raced. In previous years for racing when a slick was not allowed we used M/T ET Street 28x12.50-15LT

Steve C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 06:16PM   #3
Mb125

friend has them on his grand national, they are junk compared to MT
Old 07-10-19, 07:06PM   #4
AngryBird68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb125 View Post
friend has them on his grand national, they are junk compared to MT
ugh
Old 07-10-19, 08:16PM   #5
AngryBird68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
I run the 275/60-15 NT555R drag radial as a street tire. For me they won't hook at the track for best performance on my previous 580 hp 462 combo and the current 650 hp 505 engine. But they will get more mileage than the other DOT drag radials based on claims. I recently bought a new set of them only because the were 10 years old ! That said, for the most part these two combinations were pump gas street cars and seldom raced. In previous years for racing when a slick was not allowed we used M/T ET Street 28x12.50-15LT

Hi Steve .. i remember seeing your TransAm in an article/articles? Loved that car .. gorgeous.

OK ...now you got me thinking ...I have been driving around on BF Goodrich Radial TAs on my old Cragars ...just to have tires to drive on because i was eating up my 2cnd set of MT ET Street R tires and put them aside on another set of wheels to save what was left of them for the track.

So now maybe I will just put the Nittos on my Cragars and have them be my street tires ... then maybe Mazda Miata's and such wont beat me off the line when I'm driving around .. lol As the BF Goodslips are RIDICULOUS .. but my spool has yet to wear them out.

guess I'll buy another set of MTs for my track wheels
Old 07-10-19, 08:34PM   #6
JSPONT

You get what what you pay for. Had them they were terrible
JSPONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 09:51PM   #7
Steve C
Verified User

The Nitto NT555R is more street oriented and as already suggested the performance level is not as close to the two main competitors, BFGoodrich and Mickey Thompson, both have products that are known to be stickier and softer than the Nitto tire, although such attributes come at the expense of durability and streetability, of which the Nitto excels. Also the Nitto tread-depth and tread-pattern will be helpful if you're stuck driving in a downpour.
Steve C is online now   Reply With Quote