User Name
Password

Pre-War Pontiac & Oakland Forum/Registry Pontiacs and Oaklands 1942 and older

sponser links

Old 01-27-07, 01:58AM   #1
1937PontiacCoupe

Default Pre-War Pontiac & Oakland pics

Hi there,

I am checking in here as almost Pontiac owner. I am in the process of purchasing a 1937 Pontiac Eight Coupe. I should have in two weeks. I am looking for other 37/38 Pontiac owners. I am not a Pontiac fan per se, like there are Mopar fans etc. I just happen to buy a Pontiac.

Any 37/38 Pontiac owners, I would like to hear from you. I am located in the SF Bay Area.

Cheers.
1937PontiacCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 04:00AM   #2
INJUNTOM

Default Pre-War Pontiac pics

Update - 1937PontiacCoupe is now the proud owner of that beautiful coupe.

Luckily he's close enough to me that i'll be able to go check it out :Gach2
Old 02-28-07, 12:27AM   #3
Slantback

Default Re: Radiator r & r

Lets see if this works:o
Old 02-28-07, 01:26AM   #4
Slantback

Default Re: New member's rides thread - post 'em up.

Here is a few pics of my 37. Glad to find the site, lots of good stuff going on
Slantback
Old 03-19-07, 09:26PM   #5
mikeg

Hey Gang !
Mike here I got a couple Pontiacs :Poncho
# 1 1979 Trans Am this is the race car
# 2 1938 Slant Back will be looking for a lot of help with this one hopefully I can find some parts and some ideas here
I plan on making it a driver I already have a 455 with a th 400 ya know something to scare the hell out of the Ford kids with
mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 02:16PM   #6
63pmd

Default Pre-War Pontiac pics

Here are a few photos of my Project. 1927 Pontiac two dr.
63pmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 02:41PM   #7
Rarerodder

Default Re: Pre-war Pontiac Registry

Hello from the hills and hollers of Tennessee!
Good idea advertising on ebay, that's how I found ya! I was reading in some of the posts of how one fella wasn't a Pontiac guy but just kinda-fell into it. Well, I'm sorta that same type of fella myself. I've been a old car nut since I was a kid, my first car at age 14 was a 57 Chevy two door hardtop, rebuilt it with the help from my dad just in time for my sixtenth birthday and driver's license. Many years later I'm mostly a street rodder but also love originals and original restorations. First Pontiac was an original, driveable (though rough) 1931 coupe which is now my frame up built street rod that's been on the road since 1999. Next came my honey, can't believe I found one, barn-find-1930 coupe. Been stored since 1959 on old jack stands-all four tires still inflated when it came down. Wood spoke wheels and I drive it to local small shows and get lots of attention. I also now own a 1931 cabriolet convertible (basket case but soon to be a resto-rod), a 1931 two door coach (all complete but not running), a 1930 phaeton (rough but restorable), and what's left of a 21 year ago restoration of a 1930 4 door. I'll attempt pics of a few of these.
Rarerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 09:49PM   #8
srfd132

Sorry for some reason the pic of the coupe didn't show up so here it is
srfd132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 01:02AM   #9
Billysgoat
Warlord

Default Re: Pre-War Pontiac pics

Nice cars guys
Billysgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 03:19PM   #10
cletrac

Ok, I am hoping this works. Pics of our "work in progress" 1932 Pontiac.
cletrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 07:04PM   #11
Rarerodder

Works for me. That's a sweet looking coupe project. And, you just don't see many '32 Pontiacs, period. Though, here's a pic or two of a '32 Pontiac I saw in Hershey. Everybody get a paper towel for the drool when you open these.
Old 04-03-07, 12:30AM   #12
cletrac

That is a beautiful '32! We keep saying we are going to Hershey some day. About our '32- we are having a tough time finding literature on it. If you know of source, we would sure appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarerodder View Post
Works for me. That's a sweet looking coupe project. And, you just don't see many '32 Pontiacs, period. Though, here's a pic or two of a '32 Pontiac I saw in Hershey. Everybody get a paper towel for the drool when you open these.
cletrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 12:46AM   #13
INJUNTOM

Wow Cletrac, that's a great project car. I really want one like that to sit next to my '37.

As far as that '32 convertable...I am interested in that "Landau" bar on the sides of the top - must be where the idea came from for the cars that had that logo on the side of them. very cool.
Old 04-03-07, 02:04AM   #14
Rarerodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJUNTOM View Post
Wow Cletrac, that's a great project car. I really want one like that to sit next to my '37.

As far as that '32 convertable...I am interested in that "Landau" bar on the sides of the top - must be where the idea came from for the cars that had that logo on the side of them. very cool.
Isn't that neat! My 31 convertible (actually called a cabriolet back then) is the same car as that car except, the grille, hood, head/taillights, fender and belt line embossing is a little different, but the biggest difference of all-mine is rusty and in many pieces all over my shop! That is a true landau bar that actually holds the top up and folds in half when the top is down. Those logos you mentioned were just fakes to look like these original cabriolets.

I am going to use 32 Pontiac hood sides on my cabriolet as I like the vent doors better than the louvers of the 31 hood. Cletrac, do you need the hood tops? They are in great shape. Boy, talking about it is making me want to start working on the 31 cab again!
Old 04-03-07, 02:10AM   #15
Rarerodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletrac View Post
That is a beautiful '32! We keep saying we are going to Hershey some day. About our '32- we are having a tough time finding literature on it. If you know of source, we would sure appreciate it.
Hershey as everyone agrees who has been there, is heaven on earth for old car folks! Takes a good three days of all day walking just to see all the swap meet parts. Then there's all the beautiful and rare cars themselves, both the ones for sell and the ones just there for the show on Saturday. And there are always treasures to be found there! I've been twice and definitely worth the 12 hours each way drive! And, that is the place to find literature. Speaking of which, what are you looking for?