PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-06, 11:52PM   #1
FIREDup6975

Exclamation ATTENTION: Adult Over 18 Forum update

The Adult over 18 forum has been approved by the Administration. Passion4Pontiacs Members should check your E Mail for details on how to become an Elite member of this forum.

Old 12-13-06, 01:02AM   #2
Johnny Mac

Default Re: ATTENTION: Adult Over 18 Forum update

hey now.. you don't need to push my site for me.. but thanks!

It's only a hobby. It onl a hob.. it o ob....
Old 12-13-06, 02:02AM   #3
Scott M

Question Re: ATTENTION: Adult Over 18 Forum update

Do you really think people are going to give you their driver's license number?

nuts

Old 12-13-06, 04:01AM   #4
Zippy
The Unbanable

Ya, thats what I thought, but.....she bribed me

LOL
Old 12-13-06, 10:51AM   #5
FIREDup6975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
Do you really think people are going to give you their driver's license number?

nuts
Cover the # then, I need proof of age, for those I do not know. If I know you I don't need a license. Just send me a PM or E Mail that you'd like to access over 18.

Old 12-13-06, 11:00AM   #6
Johnny Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREDup6975 View Post
Cover the # then, I need proof of age, for those I do not know. If I know you I don't need a license. Just send me a PM or E Mail that you'd like to access over 18.
is this a joke?

guys, you can come post anything off color you want at my site without ID... hey, pose as a chick if you want, or claim to be a transvestitie moderator, get beat up or laid I don't care, you'll probably deserve whichever one you get....

lmao... ID... can my mom just write a note instead?

It's only a hobby. It onl a hob.. it o ob....
Old 12-13-06, 11:18AM   #7
FIREDup6975

I'll just get it this way then....

http://www.license.shorturl.com/

Seriously though I don't know a better way to check age. This is to protect the site. We'll see what Gach says maybe we can do something different. Personally I could care less!! I voted that way also. I just was thinking of you guys to have a place to be guys here at P4P.

Old 12-13-06, 11:32AM   #8
FIREDup6975

This is Lous site, if he'd like to open this forum up to everyone and anyone that's his choice. Personally I don't want to see the over 18 as an open forum and have this sites reputation known for an open smut fest. It is a PONTIAC site after all first and foremost! This forum is supposed to be an extra privilege. I don't need my "balls" busted over trying to be cautious in only allowing Members in to it that are of proper age to keep this site from being shut down because of minors viewing in appropriate material.

You all have a better idea, then let's here it! Like I'm gonna do something with your info, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Paleeeeese!

Old 12-13-06, 01:01PM   #9
Bob Maxi
Pontiac Nut

I'm old enough to go in, but choose not to. Something about needing permission to hang out with adults chatting like 8th grade boys in the gym locker room doesn't appeal to me.
Old 12-13-06, 02:13PM   #10
Zippy
The Unbanable

I was more thiking of just people jst accepting the rules and whatnot. Just like yuo do when you first register. Thta little checkbox with accept/decline, I am over 18/under 18. Not to hard, but it's true, asking for DL or ID, will just be us 4 in there. The froum is locked from viewing untill you accept to go in there, so that should be protection enough. Just like my67.net. The deck is not accessable to people unless they accept the terms of the forum.
Old 12-13-06, 03:03PM   #11
FIREDup6975

Whatever! :rolleyes: I don't really care what's done I try and do something for you guys and you give me shit about it so WTF ever!! If someone didn't get the E Mail from Lou about the forum then take it up with him! I'm sorry I ever asked for it now!!!:mad:

Old 12-13-06, 03:08PM   #12
ponjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxi View Post
I'm old enough to go in, but choose not to. Something about needing permission to hang out with adults chatting like 8th grade boys in the gym locker room doesn't appeal to me.
Same here.
Old 12-13-06, 08:47PM   #13
Gach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxi View Post
It's a anything goes private Forum, politics, religion, and smut. Every thing that offends a lot of people. All the things your censored for on any board.
Personally I don't think we need licenses to allow people in, just an agreement
or disclaimer that I'm not respensible. I had one on the other board, and I think I may have viewed it once or twice.

Quote:
needing permission to hang out with adults chatting like 8th grade boys in the gym locker room doesn't appeal to me
I agree with you, that's the reason I never used it. But different strokes for
different flokes. I do how ever like hearing others views on politics and reigion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREDup6975 View Post
This is Lous site, if he'd like to open this forum up to everyone and anyone that's his choice. Personally I don't want to see the over 18 as an open forum and have this sites reputation known for an open smut fest. It is a PONTIAC site after all first and foremost! This forum is supposed to be an extra privilege. I don't need my "balls" busted over trying to be cautious in only allowing Members in to it that are of proper age to keep this site from being shut down because of minors viewing in appropriate material.

You all have a better idea, then let's here it! Like I'm gonna do something with your info, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Paleeeeese!
Not trying to side with anyone, but I think the title of the forum says it all, as far as I know, when you resgister you agree that your over 13, I think that covers me, if some one lie's then it's their problem. I don't like a lot of things about other boards, to much kiss ass and to many nuts cases over regligion and politics trying to control everyone else mind or what gets said. To me if you don't like it, don't enter. But you know how people are anything to put down others. There's only so much car sh.it you can talk about. I've always hated the fact that people will tell you stuff over the phone and then say, you can post that. I do how ever under stand there's a time and place and reasonto keep certain things off untill all the proff is in. Some one did and exellent job on that as far as the MR-1 block info.

Old 12-14-06, 01:19AM   #14
Scott M

Question Re: ATTENTION: Adult Over 18 Forum update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
I do however understand there's a time and place and reason to keep certain things off untill all the proof is in. Someone did an excellent job on that as far as the MR-1 block info.
Who dat?

Old 12-14-06, 11:29PM   #15
Pontiac462
Bill Bolin

OK.....I have tried 4 times to post in the adult section....I get the same message each time.

Something about your post has been received and a moderator needs to approve it...........Then nothing happens. What gives. Frustrating as hell!!

Now back to my racing roots with my "Lemanster"
Closed Thread