Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Engine Tech Discussion - Street or Strip
User Name
Password

sponser links

Old 04-13-19, 10:32PM   #76
thomas flaherty

Rich you may want to look into purchasing some books like Jim Hands how to build a high performance Pontiac and one of the many engine blueprint to make sure you get it right
thomas flaherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 02:33AM   #77
Gach
Administrator

What he needs is a good book on blue printing. That covers everything and I mean everything. a book that gives you a complete understanding on how it all works. From degreeing a cam to setting rod and main bearings clearances, file fitting type of rings to use. All the tools youíll need. I have one thatís been my bible.
Old 04-14-19, 02:52PM   #78
Mr.Pontiac

Its a breeze, all you have to do is read & understand mics. Don,t make it out like its some great magic art please. As for dirt, i stated i wipped it down with mineral spirits & filed off any and all burrs. Come on now, lets get real here ok. I have my own dial bore gauge i bought, rotate it at 6 oclock then call it 3 or 9 without bearings installed and caps torqued down and get a reading. Wa la, ad your bearings take a reading and see what you get. I am sure ill get how wrong this is & no thats not the way and bla bla bla.Mic crank or rod sizes and a simple subtraction problem.
Mr.Pontiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 05:26PM   #79
thomas flaherty

Well if so easy that a cave man can do it. How did short 5.1 valves and over a .100 plus of shims end up under your springs in your e heads.
Old 04-14-19, 06:35PM   #80
JSPONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas flaherty View Post
Well if so easy that a cave man can do it. How did short 5.1 valves and over a .100 plus of shims end up under your springs in your e heads.
JSPONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 06:53PM   #81
Gach
Administrator

Are you and Keith related...LOL
Old 04-14-19, 08:21PM   #82
Mr.Pontiac

Looks like Mr. Know it all Tom needs to look up e heads and see standard length valves are in the heads. He would be amazed. It was not 5.1 either. Close though
Old 04-14-19, 08:33PM   #83
Gach
Administrator

Thatís not what was in your E-heads originally, you had 5.200 installed later. Thatís what heís talking about. Originally you had d-port valves when you got them back from Tin Indian or what ever his name was.

Youíve had a number of issues all your own doing, but no need to rehash all that. Your problem is you think very highly of yourself thatís dangerous.
Old 04-14-19, 08:44PM   #84
Gach
Administrator

Your problem you think everyone forgets, everyone tired to help but your to arrogant. You like to forget about all that shit...we haven’t. God get over yourself.
Old 04-14-19, 09:17PM   #85
Gach
Administrator

Itís all good Rich, hows that new race motor coming, get it back from machine shop yet.
Old 04-15-19, 12:10AM   #86
Mr.Pontiac

Gach, i am laughing my butt off .100 shims now!!! Geezzz Who the heck cares anyways???
Old 04-15-19, 10:57AM   #87
Mr.Pontiac

Old news, its ok, Gach, I am not No.1 at the machine shop(wish i was) but alaign honing is complete. Dropping in the crank this week checking all clearances. should be done next week. ( keeping fingers crossed) I am letting shop assemble short block for me.Hopefully ill have it down inside car in 2 weeks, maybe?? lol. And thats the news!!
Old 04-15-19, 12:39PM   #88
Gach
Administrator

Great ! Donít blame you, let them assemble it and degree cam in. Did you figure out what youíll end up with for compression.
Old 04-15-19, 07:46PM   #89
Mr.Pontiac

NO I did not. I am being told that cam is ok but don,t look for real power with it, I am not looking for much performance just more cubes to get job done. Machine shop would love a Hydraulic Roller in there motor would go 11.00,s. Again i just cannot get anyone to listen i don,t want to go that fast plus ill get nailed for a roll bar installation. I don,t want this.
Old 04-15-19, 08:55PM   #90
thomas flaherty

???? It’s a simple math problem anyone that can read a mic can do it. I’m interested but I’m a cave man������