PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Edelbrock Heads
User Name
Password

Edelbrock Heads Edelbrock head owners can give there opinions along with their track results this includes Wide Ports

sponser links

Old 05-29-12, 04:11PM   #46
1964gtojeff
new combo imminent

I ignore most of this stuff. You said it never went better than 10.00. But it was posted here on pz I ran 986 at 135 us in October 09. There's video on my photo bucket, still. But i agree I should have said it didn't run in the 70s
It also still has the 4200 10in converter in it. It has run 139 na at maple grove. I think it could do it. But to date I have not tried to go that direction
http://s437.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=951ppg.mp4 95* august heat! 93 octane 063 n20 jet. 10.5 slick
'"If you want true credibility, especially with an unproven combination and/or experience, just shut up, run it, get an ET slip and let it do the talking."
Gaby Labiosa 11-19-09
1964gtojeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 04:21PM   #47
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964gtojeff View Post
I ignore most of this stuff. You said it never went better than 10.00. But it was posted here on pz I ran 986 at 135 us in October 09. There's video on my photo bucket, still. But i agree I should have said it didn't run in the 70s
Yes, I remember that and saw the video, the point is Bruce keeps quoteing that you've run 9.50's on motor, the whole point is they keep embellishing the facts, when we know their out right lying and there not just doing it with you.

On a side note and I don't know how much truth there is to it, but this guy claims that Charlie had Butler build him a motor with wide ports and it dyno at 1000 HP. Claims he saw the dyno sheet.
Old 05-29-12, 04:24PM   #48
Gach
Administrator

He also had the front end done, and now the car weighs 2640 lbs, another local Pontiac guy making serious HP. Should be interesting.
Old 05-29-12, 04:25PM   #49
1964gtojeff
new combo imminent

Nice for Charlie guess his ex didn't try to get all the $$
http://s437.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=951ppg.mp4 95* august heat! 93 octane 063 n20 jet. 10.5 slick
'"If you want true credibility, especially with an unproven combination and/or experience, just shut up, run it, get an ET slip and let it do the talking."
Gaby Labiosa 11-19-09
1964gtojeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 04:31PM   #50
Gach
Administrator

His second x got $25,000.00 and the house. Its his parents house, I guess he allowed her to take out a mortgage for $175,000.00 while it was still in his name, and after the divorce she walked away and they forclosure on the house.

He's still got plenty of money, he sold the garage in Ashaway for $319,000.00 and he owned it free and clear.
Old 05-29-12, 04:34PM   #51
Gach
Administrator

Oh, she just got deported and he asked his lawyer if he could get the $25,000.00 back his lawyer laugh.
Old 05-29-12, 04:49PM   #52
Gach
Administrator

This is funny and I know you'll get a kick out of it, don't know if you remember Jimmy Lench, Charlie had him cut off the front end and put a tubular front end on, but for some reason he can't get it certify now, so he's putting a throtle stop on that 1000 HP Butler motor and runing 10.00's with it. Don't know as I'd want to be in the next lane with him. How you go from being a foundation guy to a chassis guy I dont know, I'd like to know his sercet...LOL there's allot more that's even funnier but enough of gossip.
Old 05-29-12, 05:02PM   #53
bryan67gto

Default Desperate Housewives

WOW with all the Fiction and rumors flying around on these sites. Its like trying to follow a TV soap opera. I know Gach will never let it end. I do get a good laugh out of alot. Gotta love all the Mouse racing that goes on. Definitly have to say out of all the Crowds Its gotten the worst with the Pontiac group. Dont see this sort of in fighting and Gossip on the racing or bike or Mopar forums I also pop in on. Really thought it was going to stop now winter is over but it just keeps rolling on. Shame. Well gotta say it is entertaining to wake up and read some of the posts. Ty for the in the mornings. OR atleast mornings for me.
bryan67gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 06:01PM   #54
Gach
Administrator

I'll never let it end? Nope as long as they keep bring my name into it and stop blaming me for their problems, probably not, I'm just pointing out the in accuracies in their statements. They've got your sympathetic ear, and your on the tail end of all the things that went down for the last 4 years and that's how they play the game . Just had a call this morning and he said to me, I can't believe Dino made that statement, and what Jim's response was, it's not what others are saying but what's coming from them their selfs.
Old 05-29-12, 06:45PM   #55
bryan67gto

really dont have a sympathetic ear. I'd like to see a thread about it without the personalities involved. A tech thread. What of it are liked and think works, what a possbilities of changes. I know there has been some addressed. About OUT of Box. what it run. TBH I care less. When i build a engine. even stock D ports I dont leave the head alone, dont think to many racers do. Now maybe a street combo or pump gas combo may try it, And I did with With my original E heads but that was part of the R/D. Can a head flow 400 CFM?? will it be an issue to get good fuel distribution to all cylinders?with intakes avalible? how Does the head react to boost applications, Both low boost under 10psi and High boost over 20 psi ?? This is what i look for in tech discussions about all the heads that are out there. Always thinking of the next build. Or what i can tweek with my combo to make it both qwicker and hold up better. Dont have the $$$ to be tearing down a motor ever 50 passes to replace rods etc. But swapping Valve springs is doable. I know it hard to take hurt feeling out of the equation. But it just seems when a thread is started and there is a good tech discussion going. someone always takes an mukes it up. Since i do think CI's today is the way to go. Also looking how a head will work with a larger bore, higher comp engine. Theres alot of godd info out there, just tuff to weed thru sometimes.
Old 05-29-12, 08:10PM   #56
Gach
Administrator

Yeah I know where your coming from, but what happens when people try and talk about things they feel need correcting ( Like the John Mascells thread on Yellow Bullet ) that's when the denial comes in and the trashing of reputations start. There miss reading the intentions of those who have tired to give good technical information. It goes like this, if you send your heads out to one who's considered to be one of the best to make you a sheet matel intake and he tells you...well I've looked over your heads and you need to correct these problems, because chances are me doing and intake for you isn't really going to pick you up anything and you say ok, go a head and do the intake.

Then you go back and relay that to whom you bought the heads from and is doing your work and they say, well we don't feel that he's correct. The sheet matel intake gets put on the car and picks up absolutely nothing, bascily denying there's a problem. Then turn around and say well his intake pick up absolutely nothing to others and bad mouth the guy. Then in his own defence he goes on a public board and defends himself, because he feels his reputation has been tarnished. A product is only as good as the company that stands behind.
Old 05-30-12, 09:10AM   #57
bryan67gto

heres my probelm with some of it. I've been screwed over by another Pontiac parts manufactuer, and I know alot of guys that have gotten shitty service from them also. I dont go on every one of there threads and cause trouble. If you in there little group of prefered customers hey they take car of you. Almost every company out there has people that like and dislike them. You and a few others Just keep re hashing the past about the CV issues. Go to the website. Does it make any outragous claims? I remember When E heads came out Edelbrock changed there ad cause the heads didnt Flow the initial Advertised number, for people that got some of the early sets. If theres a tech thread keep it technical. If some asks for company rep or opinion on service, fine then make a statment. Just sick of guys going on to ever thread about heads and turning it into a Vendetta against the CV's. IF you got screwed post it in the correct forum heading Business exchange. There many guys that have gotten what they wanted from Cvs, and calvin, and Roland Etc. And we know their is guys they feel havnt. Sorry But feel it just gotta stop re hashing the old shit everytime their mentioned. I know your site can do what you want. But come on time to let some things slide. It aint good for anyone that like Pontiacs seeing all this BS.
Old 05-30-12, 11:50AM   #58
Gach
Administrator

That's what the boards are for to sperate the good from the bad, while allowing them to defend themselves allowing people to judge for themselves. So if they kept responding and exposing themselves guess what it won't stop. It's all about letting people know what's good and what's not. But you do have a choice DON'T read them if it bothers you do much.
Old 05-30-12, 02:48PM   #59
bryan67gto

Well glad that Im off work after tonight. Will definintly be spending my time off in the garage, and at the track, instead of behind the keyboard. I wont be on much to see the soap opera you produce. Id say hope to see you at a track soon. But From what I've read when was the last time you got a time slip?? cya around. For Midwest Guys see ya at Byron over the weekend. Cheers.
Old 05-30-12, 03:26PM   #60
Gach
Administrator

I was wondering how long it was going to take you to turn it personal. didn't take you long, but that usually happens when your loseing your agruement. Why am I not surprised. Please show me all the Wallys from the championships you've won.