User Name
Password

Cooling & Electrical Cooling Systems - A/C - Anything Electrical

sponser links

Old 04-14-17, 12:55AM   #1
rexs73gto
rexs73gto

Default New water pump

Hey, I just got the new water pump I ordered 3 days ago. It's one of the GMB alum. water pump & it has the cast impeller on it. I looked at the Eldo one at my local speed shop & I can't tell the difference between the 2 of them. Except for the price. I paid $ 48.00 shipped to me for the GMB 1 & the Eldo one was priced at a bit over $ 350.00. Other then the Eldo logo on the other 1 I can't tell the difference in them. I'll know when I put it on if it works the same. I'll be bringing my new block with all the new machine work done to it in the AM , tomorrow. This is now a 469 & with all the work done plus the head work on paper it should be right at 550 hp. With a bit of good tuning I should, maybe be able to wring out a bit more. But this is my 73 GTO & is driven on the street about 99% of the time. I've only had it on the track 2 times in the last 3 years & the last time I got kicked off for going to fast with the old engine because I didn't have a roll bar/cage in the car & I won't spoil the insides of the car with 1, so maybe I'll get 1 or 2 times again & get ousted again. But that engine won't go in until next season , or this winter as money come in.
rexs73gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-17, 01:28AM   #2
rexs73gto
rexs73gto

Well took the car out for it's 1st drive today & the temp was about 65*. I took it for a shake down cruise to make sure all was good for the year & with the new rad. in it never got above 165* & I put it through it's paces today so I would know it was good. It preformed better then I thought it would. That was with the gas that was left over from last year. I got the new seats in & cleaned the back seats which didn't get done & they now look as good as the front seats. My interior is white & fro all good things they look like they did when new now. I repainted a few of the plastic parts so they would look as good as all the rest of the parts inside. I found that as soon as I redid 1 part i had to do another part & so on & so on. The one thing I didn't check was the air pressure in the tires but I'll check that in the AM as the fronts look a bit low but thats just the way they look I think now. I'm going to run some kind of carb cleaner through it to help, but it ran good so I'm just doing this as a preventive measure. But It sure did feel great to be able to drive it again.
rexs73gto is offline   Reply With Quote