PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
General
> Pontiac Business Exchange
User Name
Password

Pontiac Business Exchange Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by business.

View Poll Results: Compliments and Grievances
Yes 31 91.18%
No 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-09, 12:46AM   #1
Gach
Administrator

Default Good Idea ?

I think it's time we had a compliments and Grievances department
Old 10-29-09, 06:54PM   #2
Tsyron

Since I have been screwed by a PY member. I would say yes. Just don't lock the post so no one can reply.
Tom
Tsyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 07:02PM   #3
Gach
Administrator

Nope have no intentions of locking any post.
Old 11-01-09, 09:25PM   #4
GREATGTO
Pontiac Nut

Well its probably a good idea for anyone that deals with fellow members buying or selling parts
GREATGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 01:22AM   #5
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsyron View Post
Since I have been screwed by a PY member. I would say yes. Just don't lock the post so no one can reply.
Tom
Ant going to happen here, I'm myself tired posting there and was told NO!
because I link it to a post here, reason I link it here, was because didn't want it to be second hand information, let people read it from the original poster. PZ link is all over that board..go figure.
Old 11-02-09, 01:27AM   #6
g_man

I think it is a good idea. I myself have dealt with several members without any problems. I even got my parts from Andy last week, though I was convinced I would have to break down and purchase them. I know personally speaking; I would feel better about the complaints and grievances. But why stop there why not a section where someone on this board goes above and beyond their call, let all know who they are. I and some of us who have been here for a while know who they are, but nubee's may not. Depending on what is being asked, the individual need to set up their own boundaries in advance to not over do themselves where there are being abused!
Soon to be 2005 3.8L Supercharged with 4T65-E Transmission for power and drive
g_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 02:52AM   #7
sprint250
Moteesuh

LOU,
My .02
This board does not need to get caught up in the business of personal attacks or character assassination being carried out by a person(s) carrying a grudge against a business or an individual.

For customer vs. business or private party complaints:
No second hand /hearsay /slanderous/libelous information.
No bash sessions or piling on by persons with no direct involvement in the matter.
Just stick to the facts.All claims have to be substantiated with the board operator first before posting.Would it hold up in a court of law?
Remember their are usually two sides to every tale.

If it is an E-bay or Craig's List scumbag/fraudster intentionally mirepresenting goods and services that seems untouchable ( thinks he is) He should be exposed .Not only on these boards but also to the operators of the service he is operating the scam on.If the IP address is traceable the feds and the local authorities in that state/province should know about it ASAP so they can start a case file.
Internet fraud is a Federal/state offense here. Fraudsters posing as legitimate sellers doing business across statelines or internationally(all kinds of laws being broken there) are candidates for FBI or INTERPOL attention.
If caught they stand a very good chance to spend time behind bars making new friends or very possibly saying "hello again" to old ones.

If it is a serious enough complaint against a genuine/legitimate private party or legitimate business due to a diagreement /misunderstanding of "terms of the deal" that cannot be resolved privately between the parties directly involved and the complainant(s) is considering litigation (even small claims) , in my opinion,the issue does not belong on this board because blasting of rants over the internet will jepoardize the court case or be basis for a possible counter suit ,especially if the complainant loses or the case is thrown out /proves to have no merit.

Politicians ,POTUS & the U.S AG are already going after news bloggers for making less than glamorous remarks about their shennanigans in office.
If these guys can make legal precedent and case law out of it that will open up the flood gates for all the rest of the sue happy folks out there.Even if they never go to court they can tie you up for years with all kinds of legal hara$$ment.
God forbid any of it ever made it to court and you wind up with a soft headed judge or jury.
Old 11-06-09, 02:25AM   #8
g_man

Sprint: I think that was .25 cents worth. LOL All kidding aside you brings up some valid points. You as well as I know the truth will be spoken; it will and shall be skewed just as they want and need the truth to be presented. There is no way this board can invest the time and substantiate some of the issues you have brought up. That's hard enough even in a court of law and you have so called experts testifying for pay (on both sides) to help add conflicting information or disinformation depending on your view.
Soon to be 2005 3.8L Supercharged with 4T65-E Transmission for power and drive
g_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 02:18PM   #9
sprint250
Moteesuh

10-4
It's sure is mean old world out there idinit?

At the least Lou needs to put a disclaimer or EULA type language on the header for the proposed section with some caveats so as to keep the board from coming under direct attack for misinformation/disinformation posted by others.

Call me "cautious".
Old 11-06-09, 06:40PM   #10
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint250 View Post
LOU,
My .02
This board does not need to get caught up in the business of personal attacks or character assassination being carried out by a person(s) carrying a grudge against a business or an individual.

For customer vs. business or private party complaints:
No second hand /hearsay /slanderous/libelous information.
No bash sessions or piling on by persons with no direct involvement in the matter.
Just stick to the facts.All claims have to be substantiated with the board operator first before posting.Would it hold up in a court of law?
Remember their are usually two sides to every tale.

If it is an E-bay or Craig's List scumbag/fraudster intentionally mirepresenting goods and services that seems untouchable ( thinks he is) He should be exposed .Not only on these boards but also to the operators of the service he is operating the scam on.If the IP address is traceable the feds and the local authorities in that state/province should know about it ASAP so they can start a case file.
Internet fraud is a Federal/state offense here. Fraudsters posing as legitimate sellers doing business across statelines or internationally(all kinds of laws being broken there) are candidates for FBI or INTERPOL attention.
If caught they stand a very good chance to spend time behind bars making new friends or very possibly saying "hello again" to old ones.

If it is a serious enough complaint against a genuine/legitimate private party or legitimate business due to a diagreement /misunderstanding of "terms of the deal" that cannot be resolved privately between the parties directly involved and the complainant(s) is considering litigation (even small claims) , in my opinion,the issue does not belong on this board because blasting of rants over the internet will jepoardize the court case or be basis for a possible counter suit ,especially if the complainant loses or the case is thrown out /proves to have no merit.

Politicians ,POTUS & the U.S AG are already going after news bloggers for making less than glamorous remarks about their shennanigans in office.
If these guys can make legal precedent and case law out of it that will open up the flood gates for all the rest of the sue happy folks out there.Even if they never go to court they can tie you up for years with all kinds of legal hara$$ment.
God forbid any of it ever made it to court and you wind up with a soft headed judge or jury.
Excellent advise, I'll work on it over the week end. Thank you for your input.
Old 01-22-11, 12:11PM   #11
Mark G
Northern Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Excellent advise, I'll work on it over the week end. Thank you for your input.
Well you had 2yrs what did you decided...LOL.....
3250lbs
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 10:40PM   #12
Gach
Administrator

You know I've completely for gotten about this.
Old 01-22-11, 11:01PM   #13
TIN TIGR

please make me a new spot gach..you know you love me best..
TIN TIGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 04:21AM   #14
pontirag

yea cause I keep going to the "suspension" section to see whos got suspended from PY.
pontirag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 05:31PM   #15
Jeffs 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontirag View Post
yea cause I keep going to the "suspension" section to see whos got suspended from PY.

Lou, I don't know you personally but you got some balls going over to P-Y like that.. You got a lot of class in my book...
Jeffs 64 is offline   Reply With Quote