PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Engine Buildups in progress
User Name
Password

Engine Buildups in progress Tell us what your latest project is, and post a few pics.

Old 01-09-09, 03:00PM   #46
GTOKID
Bench Racer

Cool

Damper back from ATI...guy said do you know this damper is 20 yrs old???Well its rebuilt and should be good for another 20 yrs. It only took a week out and back was only 83.00 total with shipping! I also sent my cam back to cam motion have it checked and touched up(125.00 for regrind). Its now a 284.5 and lobe lift is .46992 on the intake and 293.3 and .450 lobe lift on the exh.(still too small)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3706.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	18147  
There is an old red coupe thats coming around and it looks nothing but sad. All scrached and dirty with a cracked windshield and the paint job is really bad. Well her fenders shake and her tail lights gone and the rust is showing threw she is a Dog on top but a Devil under neath and she will make a fool of YOU! Sleeper, Sleeper watch her kinda close don;t laugh too loud or smile. She may look funny but don;t you know that boneyard Devil can really go 9 flat in the 1/4 mile(or 8.65 @157.82)
GTOKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 03:56PM   #47
GTOKID
Bench Racer

Jack just called....shortblock is DONE!!!! Waiting on Head gaskets. I am going down saterday...will have some pics!!!!
There is an old red coupe thats coming around and it looks nothing but sad. All scrached and dirty with a cracked windshield and the paint job is really bad. Well her fenders shake and her tail lights gone and the rust is showing threw she is a Dog on top but a Devil under neath and she will make a fool of YOU! Sleeper, Sleeper watch her kinda close don;t laugh too loud or smile. She may look funny but don;t you know that boneyard Devil can really go 9 flat in the 1/4 mile(or 8.65 @157.82)
Old 01-09-09, 11:55PM   #48
badbird68
Ram Racing N/A

damn John you arent playing around.. glad to see you will be ready for this coming year.. I just got my motor out last week. Im always late...

well good luck with the new bullet. Are you guys taking it to the dyno?? Maybe I can bring mine along also!

4.851 145.93 3200 lbs

THANKS TO
RON AT RHODES CUSTOM AUTO
BUTLER PERFORMANCE
JIM HOSTLER TRANSMISSIONS
BES RACING ENGINES
MARCELLA MANIFOLDS

EHTTFMF!
badbird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 12:51PM   #49
GTOKID
Bench Racer

No dyno...just right to the track!
Old 01-10-09, 06:26PM   #50
GTOKID
Bench Racer

Default Looking Good!

Motor looks great! Jack is super happy how everything came out! Jack said my biggest trouble will be HOOK!!!(with 58 more CID) I am not worried. I can;t wait to hear it run!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3720.jpg
Views:	3121
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	18151   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3717.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	18152  
Old 01-10-09, 09:38PM   #51
ponjohn

Is your firebird stock suspension?
ponjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 11:11PM   #52
badbird68
Ram Racing N/A

Looks good.. yeah should sound killer.. should be alot of torque, but you can make that little tire hook.. digital 7 does the trick.. Jack said your coming after me and I should watch out..I know you are... you should be making more power than me with your killer set of heads and intake.. you should be in the 8's this year.. tell Jack I will give him some of my pontiac secrets one day.LOL..

4.851 145.93 3200 lbs

THANKS TO
BUTLER PERFORMANCE
BES RACING ENGINES
MARCELLA MANIFOLDS

EHTTFMF!
Old 01-10-09, 11:16PM   #53
GTOKID
Bench Racer

Yes, stock suspention, stock wheel well- not miny tubbed. Car is built so you can run NHRA stock or Superstock. Car has a direct bolt in Moser 9 in rear. It has stock location shocks and they are NOT coil overs. It has the OEM front and rear springs.It has stock A-arms (orignal GM) It has stock trailing arms (but they are boxed for strength) It has a Quay replacement torque arm,rear sway bar,and wheelie bars and a chute...but I may never need that!
Old 01-10-09, 11:43PM   #54
GTOKID
Bench Racer

Jeff, I read your build up... You have lots of Killer parts that I do not have. I have a 3/16 ring pack, less compression, you have a bigger Bore, 4-7 swap, more lift,lighter crank,Bigger valves. I know yall will pick up tenth or two over the winter. My motor is low buck motor to get my feet wet again. Jack told me he was messing with you...LOL. I'll just be happy if its running BEFORE the frist race!!!It looks like I may try to run, the at the Grove and both Cecil races, The rest are a bit far unless I get a better truck.I will have to see how testing goes...I will know better after a few runs.
Old 01-11-09, 01:44AM   #55
badbird68
Ram Racing N/A

John, i will call you tomorrow.. I am not doing anything over the winter. dont have the money and I am just going to have fun and race and see what happens..

4.851 145.93 3200 lbs

THANKS TO
BUTLER PERFORMANCE
BES RACING ENGINES
MARCELLA MANIFOLDS

EHTTFMF!
Old 01-11-09, 09:37AM   #56
ponjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOKID View Post
Yes, stock suspention, stock wheel well- not miny tubbed. Car is built so you can run NHRA stock or Superstock. Car has a direct bolt in Moser 9 in rear. It has stock location shocks and they are NOT coil overs. It has the OEM front and rear springs.It has stock A-arms (orignal GM) It has stock trailing arms (but they are boxed for strength) It has a Quay replacement torque arm,rear sway bar,and wheelie bars and a chute...but I may never need that!
John

What is the weight?
ponjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 10:40AM   #57
GTOKID
Bench Racer

The car was 3380 when I ran the best in 03. I will have to add weight to car as per the NASTOOT.com rules. Its based on CID. More Cid more weight. I will have to add about 220 lbs to the car total...I have started already by adding about 30 lbs to the Driver already (since 03)!!! I figured bulking up the driver worked for Langer...the bigger HE gets the faster the car goes!!!(lol)
Old 01-11-09, 04:44PM   #58
GTOKID
Bench Racer

NASHOOTOUT.com or look up Ram Racing you can find the rules there...
Old 01-11-09, 08:31PM   #59
Gach
Administrator

How much would a 505 have to weigh...says 500/3525 so I'm guessing
3540 lbs.
Gach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 08:40PM   #60
Gach
Administrator

Here's the perfect combo 3.75 stroke with a 4.350 bore weight 3372 lbs
Hum ? be a nice combo for my 64 GTO.