PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Restoration and General Tech
> Suspension - Brakes - Tires
User Name
Password

Suspension - Brakes - Tires OEM to all out Performance - Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires

sponser links

Old 06-19-06, 03:11PM   #1
66pmd428

Question Eibach Springs

Does anybody know what the spring rate is on the Eibach Big Block Pro springs are for the front and rear............ I've had them on the car for a couple years and I like the ride I get, but I'm having ground clearance issues (especially on and off the trailer) and I want to get stock height if not a little taller springs but with the same spring rate as the Eibach's. They were OK when new, but now that they have settled in the car is sitting to low. This is on a '66 Lemans street/strip car. Thanks for any info or advice............
66pmd428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 08:34PM   #2
66pmd428

Thanks Fireball, but I have not contacted Eibach yet............... I figured someone here would know off the top of their head or may have some suggestion's on what their using without going with coilover's or drag spring's. This is still a pretty heavy car and need's to perform halfway decent on the street. Now with that being said, I do have Volkswagon tires on the front
Old 06-20-06, 01:13PM   #3
66pmd428

Thanks for the info Fireball, I'll contact Eibach and see what they say. While we're on the subject of spring's............ from a drag racing point of view is it better to have softer or harder spring's in the rear? Right now I'm thinking of going with the Moog 5235 or there's the softer 5237, the ride height's are the same. Any opinion's would be appreciated.
Old 06-20-06, 04:05PM   #4
66pmd428

I guess you would consider Cargo Coils a variable rate spring, right? Yeah, I thought of those too, might be a happy medium for both street and strip. Course it's probably easier just to have spring's made from Eaton or the like.