PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Edelbrock Heads
User Name
Password

Edelbrock Heads Edelbrock head owners can give there opinions along with their track results this includes Wide Ports

sponser links

Old 12-13-16, 08:29PM   #46
Mr.Pontiac

I can gaurantee at least 2 things one is i never want to go tens and 2 after 11.80,s i would like to write a short book on do,s and don,t on how to go 11 seconds in a 3600 pound car. Think it would be kinda cool, slamming the big name distrib. and cam guys and curtain things are not needed. Over the last 5 yrs ive seen alot of friends go and drop 600 to 900 dollars on some fancy carb. that gained them nothing. I even crack a smile when i see alot of the same guys go out and buy some Super Accell distrib, with some fancy box to burn all the nasty fuel and promise them easy starts. lol!!!
Oh well enough on the subject, it was fun, enjoy your Holiday!!
Mr.Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 10:28PM   #47
JSPONT

Your 30 years to late, that's what we have been telling you, from the 70's until today, guys have been running in the 10's with factory parts and steel heads. You already have aluminum heads, yet you knock holley carbs, and good ignition systems. You pick and choose what you think is okay.
But hey we live in a free country so whatever floats your boat! Have a good holiday too!!
JSPONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 10:31PM   #48
tjs44
Ram Air V Guru

2 books,a comic book of what to do and a novel of what NOT to do!Tom
tjs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 10:46PM   #49
JSPONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs44 View Post
2 books,a comic book of what to do and a novel of what NOT to do!Tom
LMFAO
Old 12-14-16, 01:21AM   #50
Gach
Administrator

Lmao !
Old 12-14-16, 01:23AM   #51
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pontiac View Post
I can gaurantee at least 2 things one is i never want to go tens and 2 after 11.80,s i would like to write a short book on do,s and don,t on how to go 11 seconds in a 3600 pound car. Think it would be kinda cool, slamming the big name distrib. and cam guys and curtain things are not needed. Over the last 5 yrs ive seen alot of friends go and drop 600 to 900 dollars on some fancy carb. that gained them nothing. I even crack a smile when i see alot of the same guys go out and buy some Super Accell distrib, with some fancy box to burn all the nasty fuel and promise them easy starts. lol!!!
Oh well enough on the subject, it was fun, enjoy your Holiday!!
What's going to be the title of the book ?
Old 12-14-16, 01:25AM   #52
Gach
Administrator

I got one. 3600# Short Bus.
Old 12-14-16, 01:44PM   #53
Mb125

Sorry I had the same car and it wasn't 3600lbs
Must have 30 gallons of bondo
Old 12-14-16, 03:03PM   #54
Gach
Administrator

x2
Old 12-14-16, 05:15PM   #55
Mr.Pontiac

JS Pont and gang tells me try this cam, rods, yada yada yada yet when i say you don,t need these things and your money is being spent foolishly we get testy??? oh well!!
Old 12-14-16, 06:42PM   #56
Gach
Administrator

Their not testy it's called frustration. Because Your like off-the-wall with the questions you asked. Your talking about picking up a couple of .2 and were the gain in porting your e-heads. You just don't get it, and never will. You don't need to do any port work on your heads to pick up .2. That's the whole point. . They flow more then enough to run 11.80's.

It's just weird because you start another thread asking about rods that cost 399.00. And got good advice. We've told you for the past year or so their your weak link.

You just don't get it. Trying to keep the rpms at 5800 rpms is what's killing you. For the head flow you have,your limiting the rpms. We probably explain it to you 100 times but it just doesn't sink in.

Your telling us, a new short block is coming i'm guessing your finally putting in steel rods. GREAT !

Here's the deal, you asked my opinion on the cam your running, and went with the choice I picked. The rpm level was chosen because of your rod limitations. Your arrogance towards those who are trying to help is what gets you the criticism you're getting.
Old 12-14-16, 07:08PM   #57
Gach
Administrator

Again I'm just trying to help you, you've run a best of 12.10. great ! Here's what you don't get, it take x amount of hp to run consistent 11.80's. at a certain weight. Your not making enough hp to run consistent 11.80's.

Just putting in steel rods isn't going to change that, unless your short block has poor ring seal. I have no idea what condition your short block is in. A compression test would tell, with that cam you should be making x amount of compression. I've asked you to do one, never got a response.

Here's how it works the weigh of your car determines how much horsepower you need to make to run 11.80's in perfect condition. Your not always going to have perfect conditions. From track to track day to day changes in the weather you could be off buy .2 tenths. You need to factor that in. At your level it takes 20 hp to go .1 tenth faster.

Or else you'll be scratching her head trying to figure out why you went 11.90 and the next time out only 12.00.

So if it takes say 450 hp at your weight you need to make sure your making 490 hp. It's going to be very hard for you to make 490 hp with the cam your running just anit going to happen. You need to get that though your thick head. Your going to need good rods and more cam.
Old 12-14-16, 07:34PM   #58
JSPONT

I give up, I will not respond or try and help you anymore. Good luck.
Old 12-14-16, 08:03PM   #59
Mr.Pontiac

JSPONT i never asked for your help or opinions, You jump right in and sterr everybody up with your stupid remarks. Next time read & don,t type. Its simple math!!! Im sure youll have a comeback
Old 12-14-16, 09:21PM   #60
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pontiac View Post
JSPONT i never asked for your help or opinions, You jump right in and sterr everybody up with your stupid remarks. Next time read & don,t type. Its simple math!!! Im sure youll have a comeback
I got news for you, you didn't post this question to any specific person. That means anyone entitled to contribute to your question.