PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Edelbrock Heads
User Name
Password

Edelbrock Heads Edelbrock head owners can give there opinions along with their track results this includes Wide Ports

sponser links

Old 12-11-16, 03:28PM   #31
Mr.Pontiac

again no picture,s!! lol i figured that much, apples from apples!!! My car full interior, Next to nothing in the motor, hrdraulic, small cam beast!! lol At least in my eye,s.Love to see this 3800 pound Monster, I bet it has a 100 dominator, fancy ignition, All kinds of port work on heads. Intake reworked.
Ill be waiting for those picture,s for my book collection!! In the mean time
stay tuned for the 400 monster from hell!! Going faster by the yr.!!
P.S.. iLL OWN UP & SAY , Ya, I got the bone from Tin Indian Performance, We all have lessons to learn!!
Mr.Pontiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-16, 05:15PM   #32
JSPONT

My car is more street than yours, but here is some photos. Notice the cup holders, multiple charging ports for gps and cell phone. The only difference this year is I am putting dog dish hub caps on for a sleeper look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1045[2] (Small).JPG
Views:	92
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	28861

Name:	IMG_1077[1] (Small).JPG
Views:	93
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	28862

Name:	IMG_1282[1] (Small).JPG
Views:	88
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	28863
JSPONT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-16, 05:18PM   #33
JSPONT

Here is 6-8 psi on the street, this spring will be 15 psi.

https://youtu.be/iEe1x0NFbdQ

Start video at 45 seconds in, the good part will end by 1:20
Old 12-11-16, 05:36PM   #34
Gach
Administrator

JS car pretty nice!
Old 12-11-16, 05:38PM   #35
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pontiac View Post
again no picture,s!! lol i figured that much, apples from apples!!! My car full interior, Next to nothing in the motor, hrdraulic, small cam beast!! lol At least in my eye,s.Love to see this 3800 pound Monster, I bet it has a 100 dominator, fancy ignition, All kinds of port work on heads. Intake reworked.
Ill be waiting for those picture,s for my book collection!! In the mean time
stay tuned for the 400 monster from hell!! Going faster by the yr.!!
P.S.. iLL OWN UP & SAY , Ya, I got the bone from Tin Indian Performance, We all have lessons to learn!!
His car looks like it came out of the show room.
Old 12-12-16, 05:59PM   #36
Mr.Pontiac

3 tone from the factory??? ok Gach if you say so!!! And Ladys and gentleman we are now finding out its turbo charged!! Apple & apples???
Old 12-12-16, 06:25PM   #37
Gach
Administrator

Why are you intimidated because it's turbocharged. Everybody has their own idea on how they want to go about making power. I've heard both sides of the story from you and Tin Indian Performance, you can't fix stupid.
Old 12-12-16, 08:00PM   #38
JSPONT

Quote:
3 tone from the factory??? ok Gach if you say so!!! And Ladys and gentleman we are now finding out its turbo charged!! Apple & apples???
Dude you took the short bus to school didn't you. If you read your own post, you want to know what you should do to go faster. I said go with a stroker kit and good cam, with your heads you would meet your goals easy. I have a mild 461 CU motor, yes it is a turbo, less heads than yours (Kauffman dports) and the car moves out.
Point is spend your money wisely or you will will spend 3 times as much in the end.
Listen to what guys who are exceeding your goals are telling you, they have been there already.
Forget the fiberglass, port work (you don't need with the cam you have). Buy good rods, a roller cam and you will go a second faster than what you are going now.
The rods are so you do not window the block with the higher shift point of a roller cam. Even with out the stroker crank you can meet your goals if you listen.
I will be I have less in my car than yours. If you are a car guy you will never be happy running the same number over and over and over.
Old 12-12-16, 08:54PM   #39
Gach
Administrator

He definitely road on the short bus...LOL

Like what was said, he doesn't need more port work, he needs more cam and good rods, to handle the encrase in rpms the cam going to want. If he plains on staying with 400. Especially with a low compression motor
Old 12-12-16, 11:34PM   #40
Mr.Pontiac

You see Gach, thats the big differance between myself and you, you deal on storys while i deal with facts!! JS Pont. mild 462 im laughing myself to sleep!! I don,t want to go 1 sec. faster not even .500 faster not even .250 faster. 2 tenths is all im after!!!
Old 12-12-16, 11:51PM   #41
Gach
Administrator

Oh so it's not just bracket car...lol. I get it.
Old 12-13-16, 12:29AM   #42
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
You see Gach, thats the big differance between myself and you, you deal on storys while i deal with facts!! JS Pont. mild 462 im laughing myself to sleep!! I don,t want to go 1 sec. faster not even .500 faster not even .250 faster. 2 tenths is all im after!!!
I deal in story's ? You've been trying to get in the 11's for what the last 2-3 years. It's right under your nose.
Old 12-13-16, 12:35AM   #43
Gach
Administrator

Your asking about head porting and you haven't even put the new convertor in yet and tired that. That's a story in itself. Living on borrowed time with cast stock rods. Yeah I know their machine well...LOL
Old 12-13-16, 01:00AM   #44
JSPONT

Quote:
My car is 8.75 to 1 with out boost. It will drive anywhere, yet mop the street with a lot of cars on pump gas.
Rich buy rods and a roller cam. You will not be happy with 11.99. Remember I said this. This way in another year or 2 you will be asking how to get in the tens.
Your heads already have the potential to run way faster the way they are. Your bottom end does not. ARP studs, an eagle rod and a roller cam and you will go low 11's.
Old 12-13-16, 12:12PM   #45
Mb125

Quote:
Can do that with just tuning, why spend more money.