PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Edelbrock Heads
User Name
Password

Edelbrock Heads Edelbrock head owners can give there opinions along with their track results this includes Wide Ports

sponser links

Old 05-27-12, 04:19PM   #31
bryan67gto

I did get to check out a set or the CV's with the race plate set up. with a Duel carb intake. For a blown or boosted application. I think the convertable exhaust set up gives some Great flexibility. Really think to optimize these heads you gonna need someone doing a big Cube set up 540+. Hopfully someone will sometime, Just think with as tight as things are for most it maybe a few years.
bryan67gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 04:22PM   #32
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Robin Roberts = 8.13 (N20) 535c.i. 3440lbs (9.6's n/a)
Larry Quinn = 8.78 (n/a) 484c.i. (NSS)
Robert Brown = 9.4's (turbo) 4000lbs 5lbs of boost
John Holmes = 8.01 (N20) 467c.i. 3050lbs
Brian Hedrick = 8.4's (blown) 467c.i.
Ken Keefer = 10.0 (n/a) 535c.i. pump gas
Jeff Ranier = 9.7's (64 GTO) 535c.i. pump gas
Dino = 9.12 (n/a) 535c.i. 3353lbs
Kendall Goins = 8.3's (N20) 505c.i. 3200lbs
Jason Hennesey = 9.02 (n/a) 535c.i. 2935lbs

... and 7 of those are out of the box heads ... there is another mid-9 sec pump gas car not on this list, but i'm not able to say who ... and its not a light weight ...
Bill just doesn't get it, you can't out right lie about different combo's that you highly toot repeatedly. Which is Robin Roberts car, it's ashame he drags Robin into all this. The lie" continuely telling people he's runing as cast CV-1's Trying to lead people to believe there out of the box heads. When actually Robin is on his thrid set of Ported CV-1's. First set Robin ported himself, second set was done by the Race Shop and now thrid set done by Calvin Hill.

You just can't do shit like that, when you do you lose all creditbility, the other thing you can't just come out and say the guy ran 8:18 with out backing it up with at least a vedio of the run. Don't work that way when your trying to get respect. When you say 7 of them are out of the box heads no one believes you specially if you lied about the number one guy you toot about the most.

Dude word gets out and that's the reason you get your balls busted so much, guys know you've out right lied. The other problem is everyone knows the history of everyone on that list and the shit you hidden and omited.
Old 05-27-12, 07:31PM   #33
Gach
Administrator

Default Jeff Kinsler laying down 8.69 3450lbs

If you want respect then lay down some number in a N/A 3450 lb car, even though Jeff's is a 496 ci, as long as your close in ci. Post a video to back it up.
With all the R&D that's been going on with those cutting edge canted valve heads they should be at least .2 faster, if not then their no better then what's out there. Hey no one wants to hear excuses 4 years in a row. Do it and you'll get some respect.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQ2t...e_gdata_player
Old 05-28-12, 01:57AM   #34
Gach
Administrator

A little note for you Bruce: I'll try and do this in a constructive way. You talk about the CV-1 capable of working on a 3.87 bore, ok" let's step back in time to the original casting. Which is 280 cc. You remember Byron ( Get It On ) bragging how the head would work on a 350 motor and how he was going to build one. Do your also remember GREATGTO calling out John Langer. in how he was going to make more power then him and put him on the tailer. I could go on and on about a number of CV-1 guys making outrageous claims, infect I could dig out allot of those post and repost them. I tired to do was get those guys to SHUT UP! But they just kept digging their hole deeper and deeper.

Here's another fect! EC kept asking me to get a CV-1 head to Dan Barton, are you ready, if tge CV-1 was better then his HP they would be on his car today, Jim was all excited, it took a while but I finally got Jim to send Dan a head. At that time Jim was involve with the Race Shop who claim 465 cfm. Remember Andy Mitchell he also claim he had them flowing 465 cfm. In my talks with Dan he said there is just no way those heads flow 465 cfm. What he told Jim was in order for that head to work on a smaller bore he needed to make a smaller port
Jim agree and had some smaller ports casted.

Now think back to TwinTurbo406 statement saying that Robin's heads where as cast, that's because Robin Race Shop heads started out as the smaller castings and where actuall no bigger the the original casting and that's where that term of TwinTurbo406 came from ( As Cast ) but Bill never told anyone they where actually Race Shop heads he was talking about and NOT the heads Robin ported himself. That's when I told Bill you have to come clean, I just can't allow you to continue to out right lie, just tell the truth. Well Bill went off on me. By then Robin had already move to Calvin heads and Bill was still quoteing the as cast bull shit!

Can I name the guys who got Race Shop heads which never flowed the numbers the Race Shop claim. My agruement with Bill was why is Jim to blame. The whole Race Shop CNC port work came from the smaller port that Dan got Jim to cast. Look at it now, it's a re-tool head with guess what it's starts out as a small port 235 cc. That you now claim will work on a 3.85 bore. And guess who's taking the credit Bill.

Listen as far as the distribution rumors go, take a minute and think about this, Marcella did a sheet metal intake for Larry Quinn, I remember Bill bragging about how good Marcella was, but when Marcella told them what he thought and it turn out he was right, because Larry's car ran no better with the sheet metal intake.

So you got Marcella, Gaby, and Dan Barton all saying the same thing, could the all be worng, I highly doubt it. Now you got Dino on your own board saying I hope it solves the distribution problem. Look I know the whole deal with darian Morgan working with Calvin and putting that little wing in the port and Calvin passing it off as his own port. Look it's all the things that was told to them right from the begining by all three mention.

The whole problem with this is the way Bill went about it attacking Dan, Gaby by making claim that where not ture. We also know that Bill went to Morgan school we also know who Morgan is involve with and we also know there was pricing got on CNC work who Morgan is affiliated with. There's allot more, like Bill threatening to Kick Gaby's butt at the PRI show, the letter that Bill claims Jim had already to sent out to sue Willson Modifild threating to have Gaby's job.

What you guys don't under stand is everyone knows about all this stuff. The problem has always been very simple, none of them have every said the head was junk, but that all these things need correcting. What do you think it tells people now that they've decide to completely change the castings ( re-tool ) so it will now work on the smaller bores like a stock block. You can't trash those who really and turely tired helping so you can gain a name for yourself as Bill has done.

Look we also know the whole story about the Mondello deal, that also got out there. The problem is, now that all the problems have been corrected and they have trash those good people's names, can the bad blood be put behind them. You can't trash good people with proven track records by acussing them of their only motive was to make money off the CV-1 heads, when they them selfs have had the heads in so many hands, mondello racing, Darien Morgan, Race Shop, Calvin, Andy Mitchell, and yes APD.

What you guys don't get is it was never about the head, but the good people they trash and acused of trying to rip them off, when 3-4 years later and god knows how much money has been spent on port development, and the end results is they made all the changes they where told to make from the very begining.
Old 05-29-12, 11:52AM   #35
Lil Jack
Drag Racer

A lot of people on the list that Bill quoted have burned there shit up on boosted applications.

Brian has hurt his twice, unfortunately, and he never hurt it with the E-heads, John Holmes CV1 motor in his car burnt it up and Arnie told me it put little indetion marks all around the spark plug hole in the chamber. And that car is way lighter then 3050#s. Its an all fiberglass lexan window tube chassis car.
And its funny how Robin will make a pass and then you wont here from him for 6 months.
Lil Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 12:50PM   #36
Gach
Administrator

Robin has burnt shit up too. He says valves, but he's also mention having the chambers modified for nitrous. No one that I know of have had to modify the chambers in the e-heads to run nitrous. Robin is also on his thrid set of CV-1's.

The other guy on that list who runs the other Mustang car, has also burnt his shit up, he has a few post about it over on the channel. Morgan says its because the CV-1 has to much qunech area and will modify it for anyone running the CV-1 head at a cost of $180.00 bucks and I think that's what the guy with the Mustang had done. It's all right there on the channel.

The other thing, I like how the kept mentioning Robin ran 8:18 but have never back it up, it seem like their the only ones who can throw numbers out there with no proof. Kinsler and everyone that I know of have videos to back up there runs. Problem is you can't believe anything they say, for example they keep quoteing another guy who runs nitrous, who they say has ran 9.70 with out of the box CV-1 on pump gas and I know for a fact he's never been past a 10.00
on motor. Their also not out of the box bolt on heads, know who's had his hands on those heads. Don't matter, you just can embellish when there's known facts.

Hey when one of their own boys onpenly talks about having a distribution problem ( oops as they call it carb amateursations challenged ) then think
by just giving him a nother intake is going to solve the problem. I mean this stuff is on the channel for all to read, you can't make this shit up.
Old 05-29-12, 01:57PM   #37
Gach
Administrator

Byran67, your missing the whole point, yes every intake curves out on the 4 outter runers, even the Victor intake, but theres two problems, look at the two center runners in that picture, take a good look, then look at all the other inline heads and you'll see what the professional are saying. Also that picture, that's a tunnel ram intake, not a single fo. The single fo is even whorse. If you take a good look at and e-head with a victor bolted up to them you'll also notice on the e-head both intake ports point towards the carb, where as the CV-1 the outter ports point away from the carb. Think about what happens gravity wise to the fuel going down the track So look at the intake ports on CV head real good a not the intake runners itself. If you notice the intake port opening with out an intake bolted up you'll notice their twisted on an angle. Trust me this isn't a case where guys are after someone or some company because they don't like that person or persons. It's about honest professional who's been in the business who will tell you what the head you bought to them needs and is capable of and what it's going to cost you to make it work.
Old 05-29-12, 03:04PM   #38
1964gtojeff
new combo imminent

Your wrong Lou about my et, your facts are not facts in this case. Dig up your archives from 3 yrs ago. I never claimed my heads were out of the box. When I got them assembled heads were unavailable, and they had 1.66 exhaust valve seats. When i built the IA1 Steve Magnotti put 1.73 exhausts in them for me.
http://s437.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=951ppg.mp4 95* august heat! 93 octane 063 n20 jet. 10.5 slick
'"If you want true credibility, especially with an unproven combination and/or experience, just shut up, run it, get an ET slip and let it do the talking."
Gaby Labiosa 11-19-09

Last edited by 1964gtojeff : 05-29-12 at 03:43PM.
1964gtojeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 03:34PM   #39
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964gtojeff View Post
Your wrong Lou ur facts are not facts. Dig up your archives from 3 yrs ago
Speaking of facts, 9.46 on 93 octane what size nitrous jets? Jeff how about cleaning up some of the facts they keep quoting about you combo, Bruce keeps claiming you've run 9.50's on motor. Now Bill is claiming 9.70's on motor, another question has anyone ever touche your heads ?
Old 05-29-12, 03:48PM   #40
1964gtojeff
new combo imminent

46 was I believe .067 n20 jet on 93 octane. I'd have to check my notes. It has never been in the 70s. I changed To an sv1 and 389 gears since then. Both slowed the car some.
http://s437.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=951ppg.mp4 95* august heat! 93 octane 063 n20 jet. 10.5 slick
'"If you want true credibility, especially with an unproven combination and/or experience, just shut up, run it, get an ET slip and let it do the talking."
Gaby Labiosa 11-19-09
Old 05-29-12, 03:55PM   #41
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Your wrong Lou about my et, your facts are not facts in this case. Dig up your archives from 3 yrs ago. I never claimed my heads were out of the box. When I got them assembled heads were unavailable, and they had 1.66 exhaust valve seats. When i built the IA1 Steve Magnotti put 1.73 exhausts in them for me.
Worng about your ET, well why don't you just come out and tell us then. So their not out of the box bolt on heads as they claim. How can I be worng about your ET when I've never quoted your ET.
Old 05-29-12, 03:58PM   #42
Gach
Administrator

What I'm trying to say to you is don't let them get away with quoting shit about your car that isn't ture, miss leading people, you just like everyone else is working on getting your combo dail in.
Old 05-29-12, 04:11PM   #43
1964gtojeff
new combo imminent

I ignore most of this stuff. You said it never went better than 10.00. But it was posted here on pz I ran 986 at 135 us in October 09. There's video on my photo bucket, still. But i agree I should have said it didn't run in the 70s
It also still has the 4200 10in converter in it. It has run 139 na at maple grove. I think it could do it. But to date I have not tried to go that direction
Gaby Labiosa 11-19-09
Old 05-29-12, 04:21PM   #44
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
I ignore most of this stuff. You said it never went better than 10.00. But it was posted here on pz I ran 986 at 135 us in October 09. There's video on my photo bucket, still. But i agree I should have said it didn't run in the 70s
Yes, I remember that and saw the video, the point is Bruce keeps quoteing that you've run 9.50's on motor, the whole point is they keep embellishing the facts, when we know their out right lying and there not just doing it with you.

On a side note and I don't know how much truth there is to it, but this guy claims that Charlie had Butler build him a motor with wide ports and it dyno at 1000 HP. Claims he saw the dyno sheet.
Old 05-29-12, 04:24PM   #45
Gach
Administrator

He also had the front end done, and now the car weighs 2640 lbs, another local Pontiac guy making serious HP. Should be interesting.