PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Edelbrock Heads
User Name
Password

Edelbrock Heads Edelbrock head owners can give there opinions along with their track results this includes Wide Ports

sponser links

Old 05-24-12, 10:23AM   #16
Lil Jack
Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird68 View Post
if no one buys it then i will redo the shortblock for nitrous and use the same heads..
I thought you were buying my motor?
Lil Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-12, 09:07AM   #17
badbird68
Ram Racing N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Jack View Post
I thought you were buying my motor?

only if it goes in the 7's!
4.76 146.91
3100 lbs

THANKS TO
RON AT RHODES CUSTOM AUTO
BUTLER PERFORMANCE
JIM HOSTLER TRANSMISSIONS
BES RACING ENGINES
MARCELLA MANIFOLDS

EHTTFMF!
badbird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-12, 10:16PM   #18
Gach
Administrator

Thought this was a revealing post by Dino, think CV crowd finally got the message and have hopes of yet another attempt at another new intake will work. Got to admire their devotion when he says I'll try what ever it takes in changes to see if it works. Sounds like to me anyway of acknowledgment of issues that have been talked about.

Quote:

I hope that it evens out the fuel distribution to the runners, and puts the motor in the RPM band that it likes to operate at. Theroretically it should work. And with all the work that Jim and Bill have put into this I belive this might be what is needed to put this head into the next stage of development. The way the runner layout enters into the head is a straight shot. And Bill has run my combo through his software program and optimized the cross sectional area of this intake along with plenum volume. Car already screams for what it is, and if this thing can pull out a couple more tenths I belive we will see some 8.XX at a respectable RPM. I just hope I don't have to make to many changes to get it to work, but will do what is needed.
I guess it's hard for them to see the real issue with the design, Duh, its not just the intake...oh well.
Old 05-25-12, 10:49PM   #19
Gach
Administrator

Here's a good picture, study it, pay close attention to the intake ports in the head itself. Visualize as the intake port in the head try's to make the turn into the ports chamber. Then kind of visualize it from the plenum trying to make the run down into the chamber, maybe some can figure out the fuel distribution issue, their talking about.

Old 05-25-12, 11:23PM   #20
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ455 View Post
you can cut off this user,,,
but how many others do i have??
I don't know Bill how many other user names do you have. LOL

What issues, I don't know you tell me, I'm not the one telling Dino it has distribution issues at higher rpms, not speaking of gravity issues runing Down the track as the fuel falls out of suspension as it try's making the turn into the ports. Hey I'm not and expert just know what a few professionals have said to be a problem with the heads design.
Old 05-26-12, 12:34AM   #21
Gach
Administrator

ROTFLMAO!

Quote:
Dino...bill and calvin have proved out the single fo design with extensive dyno testing. if youre seeing probs, then your carb is atomization challenged- and will certainly benefit from the APD upgrade dood
If his carb is atomization challenged how the hell is Billy's intake going to help..to F'ing funny. Someone must of let the cat out of the bag and told Dino..Dude you have a distribution issue. Oh it gets better, I swear someone been drinking the Kool Aid.
Old 05-26-12, 12:44AM   #22
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINO
I might have to have "E" HEAD WHAT engraved into it.

I hope that it evens out the fuel distribution to the runners,

Waiting on the Big Brown Truck!
Oh...Dino be careful what you say, they'll take that intake away from you and Billy boy will bann you from the CV-1 channel. Funny even Dino has figure it out. Hey Dino did Billy boy sell you one of his carbs yet..this is to damn funny, you just can't make this shit up.
Old 05-26-12, 12:49AM   #23
Gach
Administrator

The more they talk the more the truth comes out.
Old 05-26-12, 01:13AM   #24
Gach
Administrator

I heard Calvin was cought in the men's room with Jeff's cam, he was lubing it up with two ball lotion.
Old 05-26-12, 01:32AM   #25
Gach
Administrator

CJ455, LOL it's not just the outer runners any fool can see that Billy boy. Christ how many user name do you have, I count 4 so far. Enjoy because I'm going to let you stick around just long enough.
Old 05-26-12, 05:05PM   #26
Gach
Administrator

More stuff for you CJ. Looks like a little decent from the CV boys, to bad there finding this out the hard way, Christ I'm surprise Dino is still allowed on the board. I'll bet you Billy boy has sold allot of them his carbs.

Originally Posted by Roland Racing
dino-
bill and calvin have proved out the single fo design with extensive dyno testing. if youre seeing probs, then your carb is atomization challenged- and will certainly benefit from the APD upgrade dood
your big brown truck friend...
jim

Dino: I have already talked to him about this, lets see what happens with the new intake first, one thing at a time.
Old 05-26-12, 05:16PM   #27
Gach
Administrator

I still don't get it, if their saying his carb is F'up why are they sending him a proto type intake, how's that going to fix the carb problem, are they saying the single Fo intake has a distribution problem, or are they just buying time.

For some reason I thought this New Twister intake was going to be dyno and track tested and proven to work, what's up with that. I thought this was the intake that was going to kick everyone @ss.Well I guess that's what happens when you have amateurs fresh out Morgan school. I mean you can't make that shit up.
Old 05-26-12, 05:28PM   #28
Gach
Administrator

If I was Dino, that motor would be on a dyno faster then you could say jack flash. I wonder how many guys have burnt shit up! from atomization challenged carbs. I mean this guy can't be serious with a statement like that and then send him an intake thinking is going to solve his distribution problem.
Old 05-26-12, 05:47PM   #29
Gach
Administrator

I know what we need, we need Prof. Wilkie on it, I'll just bet with all his mass experience he could solve the problem, oh wait, nah.. forget that" then he'd be bucking the powers that be. Christ I would think he'd jump right in on that thread. I feel for you Dino.
Old 05-27-12, 04:16PM   #30
bryan67gto

gach what gets me on your thinking. Look at some of the big cube chevy motor intakes today. They outer cylinder runners also have a curve to them like the Cv-1 do. Its just the Cv-s curve is more towards the end of the runner.
heres a few pics of some chevy intakes can see the runners also have bends, its just at the start of the runner.

bryan67gto is offline   Reply With Quote