User Name
Password

sponser links

Old 06-04-10, 12:15AM   #16
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergef View Post
I have eagle crank in my car. After reading this I wont be driving it anymore untill new motor with a forged crank is ready. I bought it back in 2002 when all the hype was about 4.25 cranks on major Pontiac boards. How about eagle rods? Are they safe to run?
I do think Chinese made a fine copy of SKS!
Allot of guys runing the Eagle rods with no problems.
Old 06-04-10, 02:00AM   #17
thadeal4real

Question cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergef View Post
I have eagle crank in my car. After reading this I wont be driving it anymore untill new motor with a forged crank is ready. I bought it back in 2002 when all the hype was about 4.25 cranks on major Pontiac boards. How about eagle rods? Are they safe to run?
I do think Chinese made a fine copy of SKS!
how much for the crank?
thadeal4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 02:09AM   #18
Sergef

How about $150? It's already .010/.010.
Sergef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 02:50AM   #19
RoadrageDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
RoadrageDavid: Have you ever heard about the lead paint, in kids toys, the Chinese where using, did you know the owner of that Chinese company kill himself, do you know how many kids here got sick and die. Did you ever hear about the thousands of sheets of sheet rock the Chinese's sold contactor in the US, and the thousands of homes that sheet rock went into. $350,000.00 homes, that got people sick and couldn't live in. Did you hear about the Dog & Cat food, sold by the Chinese's, to US and how many cats and dogs got sick and die.

You know why, because the Chinese DON'T care about quality all they
care about is the bottom dollar. After reading this do you really think
they check the quality of the cast that goes into these cranks...that
Eagle buys the casting from China. Did you know Butler was telling guys
those cast cranks where good for 800 hp.

No one and I mean no one has ever checked the quality...or CARE !!
Trust me there has been many Eagle cranks sold!! Allot of them haven't
even seen the track, usually takes a year for someone building a motor
to finish, then 5-6 months before it gets put in a car and who knows how
long before it sees the track. Did you know Allpontiac dyno a motor and
that Eagle crank cracked right on the dyno, after 7-8 dyno pulls. Maybe
that's why they DON'T sell them..

You need to get out more, I hope to Chirst, you don't end up rolling over
that Eagle crank.
You mean the same way Ford had this gas tank falier in there ""what was it broncos ore something"" that had lots and lots of people burned alive when in a colision the gas tank would split in halve, ore those tires used on them cars that killed lots and lots of people. comon Gash!!!. the world is full of those kind of eczamples and there is bottom dollar sirtsh in every country, thats called making a profit, and quality can be a issiuew ""everywhere"".

Why is it that Jim Lehard umongst other reputeble engine builders never had one eagle crank fail on him then!!!. is it Luck ore is it because hes a ecselend crafts man in doing what he thuse best witch is engine building. The Hype up of putting Fear into people( not to buy forighn parts) when there is no aperend rezen and when there is NO concreat evidense that these cranks are no good and fall out of engines ore break is a insult to your own intelegens Gach.

http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/ here is just one link about usa quality!! you could ez find others as wel on cars build in asia............... so please dont pretend that everyting from the usa is the best and spot on.
that is and was a way of govermend and companies to keep money and econemy going in the usa . when they found out the forieghn cars and products where simply beter and cheaper.
It hase absolutly nothing to do with anything els . its just putting fear into people not to buy outside the box......its rediculess and patriotic at best making USA citisens BUY AMERICAN........ quality and bad parts are found the world over, From China to Europe to the USA...........

Last edited by RoadrageDavid : 06-04-10 at 03:13AM.
RoadrageDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 03:51AM   #20
INJUNTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrageDavid View Post
Any time a broken eagle crank failure happens??????? show me Gach!!!!!.. as for the others that think stuf from outside the usa is bad all the time. You guys have no idea how many parts from today,s USA made cars come from overseas!!! that incudes China japan and europe. and if you guys are so against foreighn parts why dont you stop buying mercedes Bmw porshe as wel ore other euro/ ausy and ricer brands who obvuiusly are way beter then anny USA build car.

Companys like eagle(umongst manny others) are american they just use cheap far eastern countrys to produce and keep prices douwn, the end control is in the usa , you think they are stupid and dont know!!!!.

If that same crank would have been made in the usa it would have been 100% more ecspensif. whas there ever a claim how mutch the crank could take. Isend it normal that forged stuf is used for higher hp ratings witch eagle now sells UMONGST others. Isend it fact that wrong bad mashine work and pushing the envelope make stuf break as wel,.
Tru trail and error We now know that the limid for a cast eagle crank is inbetween 625/700 hp,The chevy crouwd is jalours to get that kind of performance out of a SB crank for that price!!!!!!.
Last but not least, the way you guys talk about them products is the same way people overhere in europe talk about the USA products, as inferior ecetera, its al BS, as i belive Good products are where you find them and thats in the world over. you cant sell crap for a long time.................... and eagle sells and for a long time. so go figure . last but not least the USA is build up out of imigrants from across the clobe its the most scaterbred nation in the world that imported the nolige and cultures from these countrys as wel
yet you difine and chalenge everyting that comes from outside the USA borderline. how ignorend can people be..

Sounds like you must have an Eagle crank...
Old 06-04-10, 06:13AM   #21
RoadrageDavid

OOHH i have one yes and it works perfectly ""upto190mph"" i do have a forged one reddy for a all new roadrace engine (4 inch stroke).............PS any comends on my post above yours!!!........
Old 06-04-10, 12:37PM   #22
Mb125

Quote:
The Hype up of putting Fear into people( not to buy forighn parts) when there is no aperend rezen and when there is NO concreat evidense that these cranks are no good and fall out of engines ore break is a insult to your own intelegens Gach.
I think we need to send GACH over there to meet this guy. It would be like that Seinfeld episode when the two Georges from other worlds meet.
Old 06-04-10, 08:37PM   #23
Gach
Administrator

Jeff, thank god Cliff has the balls, he's not afraid to speak up.
Old 06-05-10, 03:13AM   #24
RoadrageDavid

actualy its the other way around Gach!!!!.....I have the balls and am not afreight to speek up..............
Old 06-05-10, 04:11AM   #25
INJUNTOM

Quote:
OOHH i have one yes and it works perfectly ""upto190mph""
For now... Mine worked perfectly even after it ate up the thrust bearing.

Quote:
PS any comends on my post above yours!!!........
Oh, you mean these?:

Quote:
You mean the same way Ford had this gas tank falier in there ""what was it broncos ore something"" that had lots and lots of people burned alive when in a colision the gas tank would split in halve,
Aren't you talking about the Chevy trucks that they got to blow up by sticking fireworks around the tank and broadsiding them in just the right spot at some insane amount of speed? You know, the ones that there are a million of still on the road and haven't really ever heard of this happening in the real world? I know the trucks well. I own 2 of them. If it ever happens to me, then you can have all my cars and parts

Quote:
ore those tires used on them cars that killed lots and lots of people.

Oh, you mean those tires that WEREN'T built by Ford, and failed when loaded down with people, and have a blowout because they never checked the pressures and only had about 20 psi in them?

At least Ford stepped up to the plate and replaced them even though there was no problem with them (I was there at the dealership. We had to holesaw them and destroy them)

Unlike Toyota who hid their issues from the public. Who cares if a bunch of Americans die in their shitpot rice burners right?..

Quote:
Why is it that Jim Lehard umongst other reputeble engine builders never had one eagle crank fail on him then!!!.
Jim is an awesome engine builder no doubt, but it's kinda hard to build an engine without a crankshaft. He's going to use them when there's nothing else, and when the customer's budget doesn't aloow anything else.

I have an Automotive shop, and deal with all kinds of cars and parts I don't like, but I do have to pay the bills..

Quote:
The Hype up of putting Fear into people( not to buy forighn parts) when there is no aperend rezen

There is a "rezen" - We are Americans, we are hurting because all the industry has left our country due to:

1)Tree huggers, and excessive EPA regulations that the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with

2)Unblievable taxation by our liberal politicians who want to support the world that's made up of imbecile people who can't practice simple birth control when their country is overpoulated and can't sustain that much human life (ours is headed this way)

3) Greedy people who want to get rich by selling out our country to China, Japan, etc.

Quote:
http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/ here is just one link about usa quality!!
Oh, you mean the company that got run into the ground and bankrupted after being bought out by a European company?

Quote:
please dont pretend that everyting from the usa is the best and spot on.

Sorry to tell you, but US made stuff IS better. Everyone knows that. I had a lady customer when I was at the Ford dealer who went on and on about her Lincoln Navigator, and could never have anything as nice as that when living in Europe - She said that she would "only" be driving a Mercedes or BMW if she were still there.

Don't lie - tell the truth - over there those cars are everday taxi cabs and such. They cost a lot by the time they get over here because we make them build them to OUR standards here instead of their standards, then put a tarriff on them. The sheeple think they are better because they cost more...

Us in the automotive business know that European cars are plastic, electrical nightmares that fall apart before your eyes, and nobody that owns them can afford to fix them.

We see them come in with the dash lit up like a christmas tree, and the repairs declined because it is 5 times the money to fix them VS American cars.

Can't convince me otherwise - I've been in the business 20 years.

Quote:
..its rediculess and patriotic at best making USA citisens BUY AMERICAN
Whatever dude - pretty simple to see that if we keep buying everything overseas, and we do nothing that makes us money, then we will go down the ?????. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I can see this plain as day, and have been preaching it all my life. Unfortunately my predictions have already came true.

Quote:
PS any comends on my post above yours!!!........
Yeah, I saw that... I was just trying to ignore you
Old 06-05-10, 04:15AM   #26
INJUNTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb125 View Post
I think we need to send GACH over there to meet this guy. It would be like that Seinfeld episode when the two Georges from other worlds meet.

Old 06-05-10, 04:16AM   #27
INJUNTOM

Quote:
I have the balls and am not afreight to speek up...

You got that right, but problem of it is, is that you have a fatal attraction for Jimmy.

You sound like a mom bragging on her son.

Other than that I like ya though...

Show us some video of that mean green machine on the track. I'm crazy about that stuff
Old 06-05-10, 09:52AM   #28
Jeffs 64

I'd like to see that video myself ...
Jeffs 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 12:16PM   #29
Mb125

Quote:
Fear into people( not to buy forighn parts) when there is no aperend rezen
There is a rezen from all the weed you must be smoking. Put the pipe down.
Old 06-05-10, 06:36PM   #30
Sergef

summit still claims up tp 700 hp with Eagle kits.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ESP-51400034/
Sergef is offline   Reply With Quote