PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Restoration and General Tech
> Paint and Body Q&A
User Name
Password

Paint and Body Q&A Bodyshop tips, tricks, Q&A in here.

sponser links

Old 02-27-05, 12:53PM   #16
Fast1970transam

thanks marty. Ya i wont be using any hinges on the fenders. The hinges will mount to the roll cage bars in the engine compartment like a nascar. Hopefully with the full frame and roll cage the car should have no flex( I hope). I'm not sure what a stock 70 bird weights but i would like to get it down to the 2800 lb mark. I will be running a carbon fiber t/a hood, which is about 10 lbs. I will post pics tomorrow of what i cut off [cool]

here is a pic of how I plan to run my hinges
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ern.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	3669  
Old 02-27-05, 01:00PM   #17
Fast1970transam

this is what i plan to do to make it light. alum motor, alum rad support and rad, carbon fiber hood,nose,lower valance,spoilers,trunk,rear panel. I cut out the crash bars on the dooors. they were 23 lbs each, I lost a total of 20 lbs from cutting that stuff off the fenders. chromoly fab 9 rear end. all chromoly UCA and LCA, chromoly cage. carbon fiber racing seats. percy speed glass. light weight rims and brakes. fiberglass driveshaft. a few more odds and ends. not sure how much weight will be saved from a stock car, but with a TT 400 stroker it should haul ass. plus i will be moving the motor back 6 inchs to get a 50/50 blanace. I'm not gonan make the car look like a crapy road race car. It will look nice and alot of people will think its just a lowered bird with big rims